The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

iannis

Musty Nester
I listened to the Alonzo one all the way through and I couldn't tell you what they talked about.

It was very dull. Not in a bad way, I didn't want my money back, it was just forgettable. I think about 1/4 of it was comedian insider type of stuff, they started around the same year and came up around the same time.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I OD'd on comedy podcasts years ago. Between WTF and Nerdist and a couple others I feel like I've heard everything a comedian has to say about everything and I don't give a fuck. Combine that with the 90% chance of sanctimonious hollywood political groupthink and I'm just not interested. I listen to Rogan when he has scientists and intellectuals on but I can't stand the comedians or the MMA guys.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
As far as comedians, Schaub isn't bad, neither is sober october ones because that group is just hilarious shitting on each other. Unless Dave Chappelle is on fuck the rest basically.

Also this is one of the best something's burning because of Donnell, he does the show better than burnt chrysler.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Show peaked with Ron White taking about lady boys sucking him off.

Shits free. Stop crying

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think about 1/4 of it was comedian insider type of stuff, they started around the same year and came up around the same time.
theres only so many times you can listen to "OMG MITZI SHORE!!! i had to baby sit Pauly dude!!!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
joe stop
with the
fucking comics

this indian guy wasn't really on the show, he was basically in an interview "how can i be joe rogans diversity best friend?"

tom papa is always boring

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
When I first saw tom papa awhile back I thought he was a journalist or something, he was so boring. Turns out he's a comedian, how the fuck

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got about 30 seconds into Tom Papa and the lip smacking, slurping noises he was making made me turn it off. I wanted to hit him in the head with a war hammer.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I like Tom Papa on there because he's relaxed and comfortable and just feels like hanging out with one of your funny friends.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
When I first saw tom papa awhile back I thought he was a journalist or something, he was so boring. Turns out he's a comedian, how the fuck

Yeah, I don't really get it either.

He's super chill though and he's got a cerebral sense of humor and what seems to be a new england middle class liberal sort of slant to his thinking. So I can see him having fans among a very mild sort of person who's more looking to relax and be entertained than looking for the pure filth of Diaz or the goofy aggression of Rogan.

There's a couple of guys like that. You watch an hour and you just sort of grin rather than laugh.

Honestly, that counts too. Prarie Home Companion is some funny shit sometimes. There's a very particular kind of wit to it. Papa's like a throwback to Bob Hope or Newhart.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone listen to the Macaulay Culkin episode from awhile back? He's really likable and I feel like he's going to make comeback.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did anyone listen to the Macaulay Culkin episode from awhile back? He's really likable and I feel like he's going to make comeback.
He had a great sense of humor and self-deprecation about things. Though, I didn't get the sense he cared that much about Hollywood, entertainment, or a comeback. He just seemed pretty grounded about his place in the industry and wasn't going to try too hard.

His brother Kieran is having a pretty amazing run at HBO on Succession. I could see Macaulay taking a role like that, on a show like that and really surprising people.

• 3Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My money is on some sort of grass roots / small time return to fame like a youtube sketch show or podcast or something. I don't get the sense that he would return to Hollywood.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I really enjoyed listening to this episode

I like him but wanted to like him more.

He got caught in the politispeak trap of talking about "this is a hard conversation for people". True, but it's not really what Joe was asking. I don't think he did a very good job of disabusing Joe of his direct democracy fantasy either.

But he spoke very responsibly. He stuck to core principles and avoided the mud of (theoretical) specific policy positions.

I do appreciate what he said and even the manner he said it. I think he could have been a tad more assertive... But honestly for the jre audience he was probably already really pushing it.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I like him but wanted to like him more.

He got caught in the politispeak trap of talking about "this is a hard conversation for people". True, but it's not really what Joe was asking. I don't think he did a very good job of disabusing Joe of his direct democracy fantasy either.

But he spoke very responsibly. He stuck to core principles and avoided the mud of (theoretical) specific policy positions.

I do appreciate what he said and even the manner he said it. I think he could have been a tad more assertive... But honestly for the jre audience he was probably already really pushing it.

After watching the way he handled the whole SNL episode and listening to him in other areas I get the idea that despite being an ex-Navy Seal he isn't very assertive in general. The thing I do really appreciate about him is after he votes on big pieces of legislation he explains why he voted and the legislation itself in a video on social media. He mentions it in the podcast and i have listened to them. He is very transparent about why he does what he does.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you got more politician stuff from one eye, than you did listening to the crazy jew running for president.

Of course joe always manages to fuck up the conversation by steering towards legal marijuana.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll