The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where do you get that? His series on Jim Jones was the best historical series I've ever heard. Even better than any Hardcore History.
I have his on Podcast guru on android. I've listened to the first four Jim Jones and they're great. Very dark series, in his usual style.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Your Library tab
Podcasts tab

Boom, your done. All the updates are right there.
Is there a way to make it that screen by default when you open the app?

This is what i see when I open beyondpod, with the shows sorted by most recent upload. Nice and fast when I'm jumping in the car.

Screenshot_20210210-141011_BeyondPod.jpg

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Is there a way to make it that screen by default when you open the app?

This is what i see when I open beyondpod, with the shows sorted by most recent upload. Nice and fast when I'm jumping in the car.

View attachment 334206
I'm sure a Podcast specific app is always going to be better than Spotify. But I've used Spotify for 10 years now for music and don't want to install another app on my phone. I'm a total boomer when it comes to apps. I might have 10 apps total installed that didn't come with the phone.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Martyrmade is fantastic. If you're interested in the guy who makes it, he did a long interview on Jocko Willink's podcast that was pretty good.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Martyrmade is fantastic. If you're interested in the guy who makes it, he did a long interview on Jocko Willink's podcast that was pretty good.
They also have a series together called the unraveling, or the thread. It's on jocko's feed.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaking of which, Elon Musk is on today. I can't believe that Elon hasn't heard of the tic-tac video and that Joe hasn't seen the falcon 9 rocket land on reentry. it just defies logic.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Marcus Luttrell was on recently and was talking about his experiences with the production of Lone Survivor. Joe interrupts him not that far into it and they really never went back to the topic. Jimmie rustled.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
haven't listened to a single jre since the move

Just last week, Digital Music News first reported that 40 different Joe Rogan Experience podcast episodes were found missing from Spotify, now the exclusive platform for the show. Now, that number has quickly grown to 42, with potentially more shows quietly getting removed from the catalog.

Among the newly-missing is an episode (#411) with Bulletproof Coffee founder Dave Asprey, a frequent guest on The Joe Rogan Experience. Strangely, Spotify has deleted three total episodes with Asprey for reasons that aren’t entirely clear.

Asprey — who has predicted that he will live to the age of 180 — is certainly unconventional in his theories, though it appears that Spotify has decided to debunk his claims by removing his episodes entirely.

Also suddenly missing is a ‘Live from the Icehouse’ episode (#149) featuring Joe Rogan and Little Esther, Al Madrigal, Josh McDermitt, Brendon Walsh, Felicia Michaels, and Brian Redban. That sounds like a fun time, though perhaps one-too-many raunchy jokes were tossed around in the episode. Indeed, the episode may have simply contained one objectionable joke — but that was enough for Spotify’s editors to hit delete and remove the show entirely.

Earlier, Spotify deleted Joe Rogan Experience episode #276 featuring Little Esther, Al Madrigal, Josh McDermitt, Brendon Walsh, Felicia Michaels, and Brian Redban. In total, 7 different episodes featuring guest David Seaman have been nixed, while the same number of podcasts featuring Brian Redban have also been deleted.

Also squarely making Spotify’s sh-t list is Chris D’Elia: in total, four separate episodes featuring D’Elia have been removed by Spotify for reasons that are unclear. Others getting repeatedly nixed include Owen Benjamin, Joey Diaz, Gavin McInnes, and Eddie Bravo, all of whom have been repeat guests on The Joe Rogan Experience — and have had their shows removed.

Then, there are the more well-known removals. Alex Jones and Milo Yiannopoulos were notoriously stripped from the podcast early on, though Rogan tested Spotify’s censorship committee by re-inviting Jones onto the podcast this year. Spotify hasn’t removed Jones’ latest episode — not yet, at least.

• 1Rustled

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
They removed the one with Dr. Steven Greer as well. Has there been a "great" episode since the move? I've kind of stopped listening as well and can't really think of a stand out episode.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
They removed the one with Dr. Steven Greer as well. Has there been a "great" episode since the move? I've kind of stopped listening as well and can't really think of a stand out episode.
The Jim Breuer one was decent. He's basically a less entertaining/intense Eddie Bravo.

Otherwise, not really.

edit: but the Spotify move was also the same time as the LA->Austin move. Lack of good episodes isn't 100% because of moving to spotify.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i might break my streak of not giving a fuck about jre, since the current guest is GSP

but the guest before that is private faggot one eye crenshaw

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ohhhhhhh is that who he was talking about when he was talking about sketch ideas being stolen?
Yup, he's talked about that before with Dennis Miller and how Jim and Norm basically hated Kattan & McKay (and I also guessed Will Ferrell) because of the politicking and sketch thievery.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
i might break my streak of not giving a fuck about jre, since the current guest is GSP

but the guest before that is private faggot one eye crenshaw
GSP episode is pretty decent, talk about a wide range of stuff and GSP seems pretty intelligent. His nasally voice and accent though, are horrifying and hard for me to listen to.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
GSP episode is pretty decent, talk about a wide range of stuff and GSP seems pretty intelligent. His nasally voice and accent though, are horrifying and hard for me to listen to.
guy has been punched in the face 1000 times...