The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Who is it that does flawless JR impressions?

"That dude is JACKED! How big you think his hog is? Hey Jaime, see if you can find out how big that dude's hog is..."

xf6yajz9vz121.jpg

20c79y8tdub21.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

first 10s joe rogan with no shame

charlamane, radio is dead, you the last good host!!!

latest one wasn't bad, still not done, could have gone w/o andrew schultz he was the least useful player.

we learned that jaimie pulled an elizabeth warren, he said he was indian and thats how he got into ohio state.

fucking libs are all hypocritical crooks, not like i give a shit about injuns, but he stole a slot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

we learned that jaimie pulled an elizabeth warren, he said he was indian and thats how he got into ohio state.

Life is just a game. Don't be mad you lost or put yourself at a disadvantage.

I.E. not seeing a dyslexia diagnosis for your child is going to lower his performance on tests via not allowing additional time etc. Most states have disability laws and dyslexia is difficult to prove and sometimes asymptomatic.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I listened to the Bob Lazar JRE-episode last night. Then, found the documentary on Netflix. So, this story has now consumed 4 hours of my life. Here is my take.

In his Favor
Bob Lazar comes across as a non-attention seeking and truthful person. He doesn't seem to make sensational claims (outside of the base-claim, which is pretty sensational). He stays within he realm of expertise and what he says to have seen. He doesn't ever claim larger conspiracies.

His most compelling argument comes in the form of knowing what element 115 and the hand-scanners where, decades before they became public knowledge. A lot of the stuff he claimed has since been revealed to be true. If he has a bunch of bullshit as well, it was not presented in the documentary or brought up in the podcast.

There has been a severe reaction to him by the authorities. He has been targeted, black balled, his past has largely been erased, friends and family have been persecuted to varying degrees. Why would any effort be put into someone that was just simply a lunatic?

An Argument against Him
I can "mostly" buy that he came forward for reasons of self-protection and preservation, rather than fame or fortune. But, still that does not explain why over 20 years later, he is willingly digging up the past and putting himself back in the spotlight once again.

His background and resume are pretty suspect. Even if he did get his schooling credentials wiped off the record, why would they hire someone off the street and day 1 show them the biggest secret and proof of conspiracy in human history? People in these positions come up in the military and government agencies because they have time to get sucked into the culture of secrecy and develop trust. Bob was just a smart guy that built his own rocket bikes on the weekend.

From what I can tell, the scientific community is pretty against him. The best show of support he can seem to muster is a "shrug of the shoulders and a 'maybe' " Nobody from the same plant has ever come forward to substantiate any of his claims. No friends, no coworkers, no pilots, nobody. He is something between an outcast Pariah and a ghost to them.

His documentarian is definitely an attention seeking douche that no doubt would sensationalize things for fame & fortune. He has the intense confidence of a straight up shyster.

Verdict
90% chance this is bullshit. I think Bob is a very intelligent person that was involved in some military research. He probably got himself into some shit and made these claims as a cover-up/re-direct story for something he could have really gotten in trouble for.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So, I listened to the Bob Lazar JRE-episode last night. Then, found the documentary on Netflix. So, this story has now consumed 4 hours of my life. Here is my take.

In his Favor
Bob Lazar comes across as a non-attention seeking and truthful person. He doesn't seem to make sensational claims (outside of the base-claim, which is pretty sensational). He stays within he realm of expertise and what he says to have seen. He doesn't ever claim larger conspiracies.

His most compelling argument comes in the form of knowing what element 115 and the hand-scanners where, decades before they became public knowledge. A lot of the stuff he claimed has since been revealed to be true. If he has a bunch of bullshit as well, it was not presented in the documentary or brought up in the podcast.

There has been a severe reaction to him by the authorities. He has been targeted, black balled, his past has largely been erased, friends and family have been persecuted to varying degrees. Why would any effort be put into someone that was just simply a lunatic?

An Argument against Him
I can "mostly" buy that he came forward for reasons of self-protection and preservation, rather than fame or fortune. But, still that does not explain why over 20 years later, he is willingly digging up the past and putting himself back in the spotlight once again.

His background and resume are pretty suspect. Even if he did get his schooling credentials wiped off the record, why would they hire someone off the street and day 1 show them the biggest secret and proof of conspiracy in human history? People in these positions come up in the military and government agencies because they have time to get sucked into the culture of secrecy and develop trust. Bob was just a smart guy that built his own rocket bikes on the weekend.

From what I can tell, the scientific community is pretty against him. The best show of support he can seem to muster is a "shrug of the shoulders and a 'maybe' " Nobody from the same plant has ever come forward to substantiate any of his claims. No friends, no coworkers, no pilots, nobody. He is something between an outcast Pariah and a ghost to them.

His documentarian is definitely an attention seeking douche that no doubt would sensationalize things for fame & fortune. He has the intense confidence of a straight up shyster.

Verdict
90% chance this is bullshit. I think Bob is a very intelligent person that was involved in some military research. He probably got himself into some shit and made these claims as a cover-up/re-direct story for something he could have really gotten in trouble for.
Element 115 isn't a compelling argument. It was theoriesed that there would be heavier elements from the start of the periodic table. It was actually on periodic tables and called "Ununpentium".

It's still unknown how heavy elements can get either artificially or naturally and even 115 (Moscovium) only existed for seconds in a lab before decaying so we haven't even made it properly yet. We don't know it's going to be a magic power source either.

I could say any old bullshit and say element 123 and I'll be proven right in a few decades since it's likely they'll find a way to make it.

I'm not sure if there's evidence the government has been out to get him either. Records of the education he says he had not existing could just be down to him being full of shit and they never actually existed. I have certificates at least from both my colleges.

Him being blackballed could also be down to the education issues or his criminal convictions. Not sure what lab is going to hire a brothel owner lol.

He does sound very honest and genuine though, he did get me for a few hours.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
this ufo guy, have they filmed him being like "smart"? or a scientist? can he remember 100places of pi?

b/c this entire podcast was him talking about "the good ol days" he's just proving he was there, but he didn't prove his credentials.

Did anyone put him in a random garage and say "ok build a rocket"

(yes i'm being facetious, but he doesn't give off any vibe of being a brain)

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

mma talk

he makes ufc videos, i guess like the embedded ones, haven't listened.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

it's either gonna be good or really annoying, she's been pretty far far far left recently

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
That Bob Lazar stuff triggered the ‘I want to believe’ feelings pretty hard. Against the argument that he’s a bullshitter: I have absolutely no doubt this story he’s telling has damaged him far more than any benefits he accrued from being in the spotlight. Think part of his motivation is his own safety and the safety of those still around him— if he’s in documentary’s and sitting down with Joe, keeping up his profile, it makes it harder for him to disappear and be forgotten. If there’s any truth to the story he’s telling about the aftermath (security clearances being revoked, creepy phone calls, having his education history expunged), I think the only thing he can do is shout from the rooftops and become as exposed as possible.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It seems like lazaar has some sort of mental deviance. And I don't mean it as derogatory or to discount him.

There's a type of intelligence that begins to feed on itself. Smart crazy can get weird.

And I do think he's up there on raw intelligence. By which I mean memory, computation, pattern finding, integration.

But strong claims require strong evidence. Being smart is not evidence.

Maybe he was stripped because he's crazy, and someone decided it was the wrong kind of crazy. Or maybe he's just a really good confidence man. Proof is not "I saw things, man." You could be telling the truth and that's still not proof.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It seems like lazaar has some sort of mental deviance. And I don't mean it as derogatory or to discount him.

There's a type of intelligence that begins to feed on itself. Smart crazy can get weird.

And I do think he's up there on raw intelligence. By which I mean memory, computation, pattern finding, integration.

But strong claims require strong evidence. Being smart is not evidence.

Maybe he was stripped because he's crazy, and someone decided it was the wrong kind of crazy. Or maybe he's just a really good confidence man. Proof is not "I saw things, man." You could be telling the truth and that's still not proof.
I mean, if you are working in your second lab involving government secrets and they have fucking saucer shaped UFOs, my reaction wouldn't be to bring my friends to watch the top secret test flights. It would be to stay the fuck quiet.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Just looking at her video list, jesus: pro-palestine, pro-Venezuela, anti-jordan peterson, anti-general mattis, anti-gun maybe? I'll have to give it a shot when i have time, but I might have to bow out.

• 1Like