The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't care for Redban. I love Tony Hinchcliffe though and have considered watching his show, but I have too much shit going on anyway

The new episode with that Jonas guy is pretty good. The outdoorsman episodes usually are.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Jesus Trejo is a comedian, actor and writer. His new special "Stay At Home Son" premieres on Showtime on May 29.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is this Jonas one worth listening? Seems like a good topic
I normally love when Joe has survival/hunting types on. For some reason, I found this dude somewhat boring and his constant, "huh huh huh" laughter started to get on my nerves. Only made it about an hour and a half.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Reggie Watts is a musician, singer, beatboxer, actor, and comedian. His improvised musical sets are created using only his voice, a keyboard, and a looping machine. He is also currently the announcer and band leader on The Late Late Show with James Corden. @Reggie Watts

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You would think given today Rogan could find something better than 15/20 "comedians".

But those are who he idolizes so . . . expected.

Too bad we cant dig up Carlin's corpse to go on his show.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
They burned down Eddie's gym.
That shit burns me up. Worst part is the conspiracy portion of my brain wants to say he was targeted. Regardless it's terrible.

Rogan does a pretty good job IMO clarifying why social media censorship is a serious problem

May be a good way of explaining to someone that doesn't get it without being confrontational.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Krystal & Saagar are the hosts of Rising, an American daily news and opinion web series produced by Washington, D.C. political newspaper The Hill. @The Hill

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Krystal & Saagar are the hosts of Rising, an American daily news and opinion web series produced by Washington, D.C. political newspaper The Hill. @The Hill

53 minutes into this right now and I found it really interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
53 minutes into this right now and I found it really interesting.
I watch their show daily. Their honesty is so refreshing, they even admit early in this show they get it wrong sometimes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I watch their show daily. Their honesty is so refreshing, they even admit early in this show they get it wrong sometimes.

Yeah based on the first hour I am going to start watching their show.

• 1Solidarity

Mandriana

The chick is annoying me. No real answers or solutions for immediate problems, just fee-fees and extremely broad hypothetical solutions that have been tried, and been proven time and time again to not work, and no actual ground level experience in dealing with the shitters of society on a regular basis.

"We should just de-escalate," "Trump said maybe army," "The police used it 3/5 more on blacks," "Trump with his fragile masculinity has no plan" "We need UBI, a massive federal jobs program, and universal healthcare..."

Okay, how?

/JohnTravoltaLookingAroundMeme

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The chick is annoying me. No real answers or solutions for immediate problems, just fee-fees and extremely broad hypothetical solutions that have been tried, and been proven time and time again to not work, and no actual ground level experience in dealing with the shitters of society on a regular basis.

"We should just de-escalate," "Trump said maybe army," "The police used it 3/5 more on blacks," "Trump with his fragile masculinity has no plan" "We need UBI, a massive federal jobs program, and universal healthcare..."

Okay, how?

/JohnTravoltaLookingAroundMeme

And her one solution I have heard was Trump take a knee for 8 minutes and it might deescalate things. I don't know what fucking world she lives in but that wouldn't work, the left would shit all over him for it and just blame him for everything more than they already do

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
that's part of the problem with politics in general, right? Why bother trying anything other than hard line, partisan bullshit because $group will just $reaction anyway so fuck it.

I've watched them a bit, started watching them back in January since they were the only ones I saw talking about the media, specifically the media's treatment of the Biden sexual assault allegations. Or even the allegations themselves. They're ok but if you're watching it expecting them, or any media, to rattle off formulated policy ideas to transform the nation you're probably going to have a bad time.

• 2Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think the main point of the show is differing views with civil discourse, which is something we need more of.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think the main point of the show is differing views with civil discourse, which is something we need more of.
Yeah, they talk about their interactions a lot, even in the Rogan episode. Their discourse starts with listening to the other person, some thing you never ever see in media or politics, which I think has a lot to do with it. If you have to limit yourself to responding to what a person actually says or believes rather than some strawman or some theoretical thing, it changes the interaction from a contest that a person is trying to win into a dialogue. But even they fuck that up a lot, limited time segments and stuff dictate how conversations will happen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they talk about their interactions a lot, even in the Rogan episode. Their discourse starts with listening to the other person, some thing you never ever see in media or politics, which I think has a lot to do with it. If you have to limit yourself to responding to what a person actually says or believes rather than some strawman or some theoretical thing, it changes the interaction from a contest that a person is trying to win into a dialogue. But even they fuck that up a lot, limited time segments and stuff dictate how conversations will happen.
I agree, they need to break away from your typical cable news format. Long form conversation like they had with Joe yesterday was way better. It is just hard to cover daily topics that way though, people want news and they want it now. People are are too busy or too lazy or to indifferent to invest that kind of time though, so for the short term until their popularity grows they are stuck in this format.

Last edited:
  • 2Like