The Ketogenic Diet/Recipe Thread

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
So much Keto discussion going on in Gravy's cooking thread, I think it deserves it's on thread now.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

rush02112

Sweet Dutch Baby with Vanilla and Cinnamon

MAKES: 6 servings

BATTER:
½ cup heavy cream, room temperature
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 ounces cream cheese
(¼ cup), softened
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 drops liquid sweetener
¼ cup granulated sweetener
2 tablespoons unflavored whey protein isolate
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, for the pan

TOPPINGS (OPTIONAL):
Fresh berries
Ground cinnamon, for dusting
Powdered sweetener, for dusting

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the ingredients for the batter in a blender and blend until creamy and foamy, about 1 minute.
3. Put the butter in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet or baking dish and place the pan in the oven. As soon as the butter begins to sizzle and brown, remove the pan from the oven. Make sure that the butter is evenly distributed throughout the pan.
4. Pour the batter into the center of the hot skillet so that the batter runs to the edges and some of the butter is pushed onto the top of the batter. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the Dutch baby is puffy and dark brown. The center should be just set. The Dutch baby is likely to rise in a lopsided fashion and will deflate somewhat as it cools.
5. Serve hot from the oven, topped with a few fresh berries and a dusting of cinnamon or powdered sweetener, if desired. Leftovers can be eaten cold.

Sweet-Dutch-Baby-.jpg

rush02112

Living in south Louisiana means giving up corn meal based batter for fried seafood. This is the closest thing I have found to such batters:

• 3 parts parmesan cheese (wood dust type in a bottle)
  • 2 parts golden flaxseed meal
  • 1 part almond flour
Smells like ass when it is frying but tastes great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rush02112

Pancake/Waffles (I use this one for Waffles)

Totals: 800kcal, 60g fat, 36g protein, 20g total carbs – 12g fiber = 8g net carbs.

Divide these totals by how ever many you make. My waffle iron makes 2 big waffles with 4 sections so for us a serving size is 1/2 a waffle since we go by total carbs and not net carbs.

Batter:
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon sugar substitute, or more to taste
  • 4 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
  • almond milk (or equiv) as needed
For pancakes only:
  • 1/2 teaspoon additional baking powder
For waffles only:
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter (optional, but recommended)
Instructions
  1. Combine cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar substitute, maple extract, and cinnamon with a blender or mixer. Add melted butter to waffle batter if desired.
  2. Add baking powder and coconut flour, blending again until well combined.
  3. NOTE: The matter may thicken if left to sit for more than a few minutes. If this happens, just add a splash of almond milk, cream, or half and half to thin it again.
For Pancakes:
  1. Using an electric griddle set to 300F or a greased pan over medium heat, pour batter to form circles between 4 and 6 inches in diameter.
  2. Flip pancakes when the edges begin to harden and the surface begins to bubble. Cook on the other side 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
For Waffles:
  1. Add batter to preheated waffle iron. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
  2. Serve with butter, sugar free syrup, and/or fruit/jam.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I had the almond flour bread in a mug thing yesterday and was pleasantly surprised
30g almond flour
10g salted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg

mix in the mug and nuke for 90 seconds. It literally slid right out of the mug when I turned it upside down and was a viable bread/muffin alternative that tasted great still warm with some more butter. I can't wait to try some of the variants like adding jalapenos and cheese.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone who likes cheesecake and can't bear to give it up, I got you covered. These things are delicious. Use Swerve for best results.

NO BAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BITES RECIPE:

Ingredients:

Coating Ingredients

• ⅓ cup pecans or walnuts, finely minced
  • 2 tbsp sweetener (erythritol granular for low carb & coconut sugar for primal)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
Directions:

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
  2. Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, combine the first 6 ingredients and beat until thoroughly blended.
  3. Freeze the mixture in the bowl or in a round candy mold (or ice cube tray) for 15 to 20 minutes or more until just firm enough to form into balls.
  4. In a medium bowl combine all the coating ingredients and stir together. Set aside.
  5. Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form a ball or mound with the chilled pumpkin cheesecake mixture ( or release from the candy mold).
  6. Roll each cheesecake ball in the coating until covered, and place on lined baking sheet. Re-freeze for 20 minutes or more until somewhat firm, then serve. Store these in the fridge in a covered container (may need to refreeze to get firmer).
Pics from my latest batch:

IMG_20180715_074145.jpg

rush02112

Fathead Dough

Use this for pizza dough, pigs in a blanket, calzone, etc.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (5 oz)
  • 2 oz cream cheese
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/4 cup almond flour (4.5 oz)
  • 2 tbsp whey protein isolate (I use Isopure) (or almond flour, coconut flour or oat fiber)
Add the mozzarella cheese to a medium microwaveable bowl (or double boiler).
Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and add to the mozzarella cheese.
If using microwave, 1-1/2 minutes on high power. Stir. If the cheese hasn't melted, cook for an additional 20-30 seconds more.
Put the cheese in a food processor and add the egg. Process until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and process into a very sticky dough.

I find sticking the dough in the freezer for about 5-10 mins helps being able to work it easier or rolling it between sheets of wax paper.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Steak

Ingredients
  • Your favorite cut of beef

Apply a generous amount of salt and black pepper. Sear in a cast iron pan over high heat. Finish in a 250 degree oven.

Enjoy.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Steak

Ingredients

Apply a generous amount of salt and black pepper. Sear in a cast iron pan over high heat. Finish in a 250 degree oven.

Enjoy.

Smother it in butter and put a large dollop of sour cream on the side of your plate to dip each bite in, to up the fat :: protein ratio. :)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Steak

Ingredients

Enjoy.
Asian-Style
+ 1/2tsp MSG

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is pretty much the same as Paelo Diet right?

Each time I do this lose lots of weight. Started 2-3 months ago and lost 2 stone. Do Americans use stone as a unit of measurement? Only ever heard pounds be used.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Keto and Paleo have similarities in some executions, but are not the same thing.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Keto is very low carb. As long as the carbs are low or artificial, Keto is cool with it.

Paleo restricts processed foods, whole and refined grains, legumes, and dairy. As long as caveman ate it you're alright.

Keto is about dietary macros, Paleo is about eating healthy foods.

rush02112

dsc_0987.jpg

This really helped curb a taco craving I had.

Keto Pork Rind Tortillas
  • Servings: 12 six inch tortillas
  • Time: 20 minutes
  • Difficulty: easy

Ingredients
  • 4 oz. Hot & Spicy Pork Rinds (regular work just fine, too)
  • 1 (eight oz.) package cream cheese, softened
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
Method:
  1. Place pork rinds into a food processor and blitz for about 10 seconds, until they are dust.
  2. Add all other ingredients to food processor and blitz for about 45 more seconds. Until you have a nice smooth batter.
  3. Preheat an electric griddle to high. (Using a non-stick pan on the stove top would work also, I would just set the heat to medium-high)
  4. Spray cooking surface with a little spray oil (I use either coconut oil or olive oil spray) and pour 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle.
  5. Gently spread the batter as thin as you can with a rubber spatula and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Flip tortilla and continue to cook for about 45 more seconds.
  7. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
7-27-2018 12-52-42 PM.png

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
looked around for a good carb-free candy that is sweetened with something that won't kick me out of ketosis... settled on Sugar Free Jolly Ranchers. sweetened with isomalt. they taste just like the real thing, they're helping my sugar cravings a lot. (even after two months of the diet with almost no cheating, i still get sugar cravings pretty bad).

just don't eat too many, isomalt is a laxative.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm a simple man when it comes to my ultra low carb recipes.

Fried eggs topped with cheese, some tomatoes, and pickled peppers. Amounts depend on how below my 20 net carbs/day I am.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for this thread. As someone just getting into Keto, I struggle with finding things different to make. Apparently I could dig through Gravy's thread, but I've never really ever read it purposely, so I'd have no idea where to start. I like the idea of getting them all in one place here, since they share a common theme.

I had the almond flour bread in a mug thing yesterday and was pleasantly surprised
30g almond flour
10g salted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg

mix in the mug and nuke for 90 seconds. It literally slid right out of the mug when I turned it upside down and was a viable bread/muffin alternative that tasted great still warm with some more butter. I can't wait to try some of the variants like adding jalapenos and cheese.
I really want to try this now. I could go for a good muffin-type snack for breakfast once in awhile.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for this thread. As someone just getting into Keto, I struggle with finding things different to make. Apparently I could dig through Gravy's thread, but I've never really ever read it purposely, so I'd have no idea where to start. I like the idea of getting them all in one place here, since they share a common theme.

I really want to try this now. I could go for a good muffin-type snack for breakfast once in awhile.
I've started making these and then throwing in the toaster to use for sandwiches

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They have plenty of flatbreads/wraps on the market now with like 5-8 net carbs, that its not even worth making shitty tasting breads at home.