The Ketogenic Diet/Recipe Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs | Ketogenic Snacks Without The Horrid Coconut Taste

I make these a lot. Delicious and easy to eat, 32g fat, 3g protein, 1g carbs.
c1d5883b-c100-40c7-abda-30b031849973-gif.173415

(skip to recipe)

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
c1d5883b-c100-40c7-abda-30b031849973-gif.173415

(skip to recipe)

This has been driving me crazy since I started looking up keto recipes, to the point that it's a running joke between me and my girlfriend. Glad there's a meme, thx.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
looked around for a good carb-free candy that is sweetened with something that won't kick me out of ketosis... settled on Sugar Free Jolly Ranchers. sweetened with isomalt. they taste just like the real thing, they're helping my sugar cravings a lot. (even after two months of the diet with almost no cheating, i still get sugar cravings pretty bad).

just don't eat too many, isomalt is a laxative.

Be careful with Isomalt it can cause gastrointestinal distress - lots of gas and bloating and I have seen a few people talk about it making their blood sugar spike which is what you are trying to prevent on this diet.

You can make your own choices as to what you want to eat, but at least you are aware about it.

rush02112

They have plenty of flatbreads/wraps on the market now with like 5-8 net carbs, that its not even worth making shitty tasting breads at home.

When trying to stay under 7g carb for each meal these are no gos for me and my wife.

rush02112

Keto Fries

A co-worker went visit family in Egypt and brought me back 2 kg of Halloumi so I did this with it.

1. Slice the halloumi (8 oz or 225 g) into fries at least 1/4" thick and sit on paper towel to dry.
  2. Place lard/tallow into a large non-stick frying pan and place over medium to high heat. You want the tallow to be around 340F.
  3. Gently add the halloumi pieces, I suggest using a pair of tongs as the tallow will spit hot fat.
  4. Once all the haloumi is added, cover the pan with a splatter guard.
  5. Cook the halloumi for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crunchy.
  6. Serve with a side of Low Carb Marinara Sauce for dipping.
8-15-2018 10-29-05 AM.png

Low Carb Marinara Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
  • 1 clove of Garlic, crushed
  • 2 teaspoons of Onion Flakes/Powder
  • 2 teaspoons of Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoons of Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
  • 24 ounces of Tomato Puree
  • 2 teaspoons of Erythritol
  • 1 teaspoon of Pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of Salt
  • 1 tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped

Directions:

1. In a saucepan, place the oil, garlic, onion flakes, thyme and oregano. Saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
  2. Add the tomato puree and stir well.
  3. Add the erythritol, pepper, salt and red wine vinegar and bring to a simmer.
  4. Turn off the heat and stir through the parsley.
  5. Cool the sauce and store in an airtight jar in the fridge.

8-15-2018 10-29-28 AM.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Be careful with Isomalt it can cause gastrointestinal distress - lots of gas and bloating and I have seen a few people talk about it making their blood sugar spike which is what you are trying to prevent on this diet.

You can make your own choices as to what you want to eat, but at least you are aware about it.

Yeah, I keep it under four pieces and can tell I stay in ketosis. The one time I ate ten I was up all night with ridiculous gas.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been drinking a bunch of Mio lately to replace the sugary drinks I used to drink. Didn't look at the label on the Iced Java Mocha flavor (which turns out is pretty gross anyway), and just drank a triple serving of it in some unsweetened almond+coconut milk. Looked at the back of it after I realized it tasted kind of funny compared to most artificially sweetened stuff... 4g carbs per serving. Fuuuuuck guess I'm fasting the rest of the day.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Mmmmm bone broth.

1 cup of broth. Added a half teaspoon of iodized sea salt, half teaspoon of "low sodium" Lawry's seasoning salt (seems counterintuitive at first, but the sodium they take out is replaced with potassium salt), two tablespoons of butter, and two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.

Before I first made this I thought it was something I was going to have to force myself to drink. But it's honestly delicious.

Tried adding garlic powder once but didn't like it that way.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mmmmm bone broth.

1 cup of broth. Added a half teaspoon of iodized sea salt, half teaspoon of "low sodium" Lawry's seasoning salt (seems counterintuitive at first, but the sodium they take out is replaced with potassium salt), two tablespoons of butter, and two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.

Before I first made this I thought it was something I was going to have to force myself to drink. But it's honestly delicious.

Tried adding garlic powder once but didn't like it that way.
Depending upon the brands used, that looks like about 30g of fat, which would go a long way towards fixing my "fat bomb" problem. Is that about what numbers you are using for it?

And is it really that good? It sounds fucking horrible.

EDIT: And is it "filling" at all? I am hoping to find something that also fills me up, not just pumps my fat numbers up.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Depending upon the brands used, that looks like about 30g of fat, which would go a long way towards fixing my "fat bomb" problem. Is that about what numbers you are using for it?

And is it really that good? It sounds fucking horrible.

EDIT: And is it "filling" at all? I am hoping to find something that also fills me up, not just pumps my fat numbers up.

the only macro i keep track of is carbs, for my fat/protein ratios i just sort of wing it, honestly.

i do think it's really good. tastes like slurping the last of a delicious bowl of soup.

seen some guys say they add hotsauce to theirs, i haven't tried that yet tho.

it's more filling than you'd expect for being 8-10oz of liquid, but doesn't stick with you for as long as a real meal does.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just had an idea, not sure how well it'll work, but i'm going to try adding some parmesan cheese to it next time :D

rush02112

Yeah this one is slightly different than the one I posted earlier. Fathead dough is great and versatile, we also use it to wrap hot dogs to make pigs in a blanket as well as wrapping it around mozzarella and the deep fry it for cheese sticks/balls

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Apologize if this isn't the right thread.

Is keto a bad idea for losing weight if you're genetically predisposed to high cholesterol?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Apologize if this isn't the right thread.

Is keto a bad idea for losing weight if you're genetically predisposed to high cholesterol?
Carbs against Cardio: More Evidence that Refined Carbohydrates, not Fats, Threaten the Heart
a low-fat, calorie-restricted diet based on American Heart Association guidelines; a Mediterranean, restricted-calorie diet rich in vegetables and low in red meat; and a low-carbohydrate, nonrestricted-calorie diet. Although the subjects on the low-carb diet ate the most saturated fat, they ended up with the healthiest ratio of HDL to LDL cholesterol and lost twice as much weight as their low-fat-eating counterparts.

“If you reduce saturated fat and replace it with high glycemic-index carbohydrates, you may not only not get benefits—you might actually produce harm,” Ludwig argues. The next time you eat a piece of buttered toast, he says, consider that “butter is actually the more healthful component.”

• 1Like