The Ketogenic Diet/Recipe Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just found these in bulk at Costco making them very cost effective. Where do you get the real version?

I just get them at my local grocer. Interesting that Costco has the chicken sausages but not the pork.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Chef John's Bacon Jam. Just leave out the brown sugar:

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Just made this stuff and it was really good. Definitely one of the better bread substitutes I've had, though I haven't done the cloud bread yet. The nice thing about this recipe is how you can mix it all together and just portion it out as you want it. Now I want to find some good low-carb sausage gravy and go to town.

Khane

For sausage gravy I would say just use any sausage gravy recipe, leave out the flour and use cream instead of milk, and just reduce it more than you normally would.

Or, make a buerre blanc and just pour it directly over sausage and biscuits.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just found these in bulk at Costco making them very cost effective. Where do you get the real version?
I was annoyed that Costco didn't have any pork breakfast sausages. Like WTF? 90% of their customers are massive. You'd think they would have the fatty version there.

• 1Like

Khane

Coincidentally those Jones pork breakfast sausages taste like real sausage with a nice snap from the casing when you bite into them. Instead of that weird, mealy style breakfast sausage that you usually find in a frozen food section (looking at you Jimmy Dean)

• 1Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I was annoyed that Costco didn't have any pork breakfast sausages. Like WTF? 90% of their customers are massive. You'd think they would have the fatty version there.

Odd. Costco where I go has had raw pork breakfast sausages in the meat department for as long as I can remember. And Farmer John's pre-cooked in the refrigerated section for many years.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Odd. Costco where I go has had raw pork breakfast sausages in the meat department for as long as I can remember. And Farmer John's pre-cooked in the refrigerated section for many years.
Hmm. I didn't check the actual butcher area(though I don't recall seeing them). I'm talking about the frozen food section. The only ones at the Costco near me were those chicken ones posted earlier.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is yours a Costco Business location?

Went to one that was and they have cases of pork breakfast sausage and a number of other things that "normal" Costco's didn't have despite them both being open to all club members.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Is yours a Costco Business location?

Went to one that was and they have cases of pork breakfast sausage and a number of other things that "normal" Costco's didn't have despite them both being open to all club members.
It's a regular one, in southern California

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
My Costco changed from the Jones pork sausages to the chicken ones and they tasted awful by comparison.

They did however switch from those to their own Kirkland brand type and these things are bigger and pork. They taste pretty good.

I couldn't find a picture of it online, so I took some photos.

costcosausage1.jpg
costcosausage2.jpg

Some size comparison:

costcosausage3.jpg

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
My Costco changed from the Jones pork sausages to the chicken ones and they tasted awful by comparison.

They did however switch from those to their own Kirkland brand type and these things are bigger and pork. They taste pretty good.

I couldn't find a picture of it online, so I took some photos.

View attachment 251869View attachment 251870

Some size comparison:

View attachment 251872

Sucks these have canola oil and maltodextrin in them.

• 1Truth!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Chef John's Bacon Jam. Just leave out the brown sugar:

Just replace it with some of this. I use it in substitute of brown sugar, works great.
1583299016711.png