The Last of Us

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd never try to get her to watch me play games. Several years ago I did try to find some we could play together, but I eventually gave up cause she's not super interested in it.
maybe you buy a ps3 and let her play tlou w/ the threat of her spoiling it for you

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
maybe you buy a ps3 and let her play tlou w/ the threat of her spoiling it for you

Or even better you can purchase one of the 4 remasters or remakes of the same fucking game. (Druckman can fuck off - buy a used PS3 and get the game used so this asshat doesn't see any more cash)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Never played the game since I'm not a console person, but always wanted to (although hearing about TLOU2 kind of soured that). Kind of feel like I can't read this thread though because of all the fags who want to talk about the game and will inevitably spoil it (I've only been skimming a lot of posts cause I can tell it's happened already).

Anyway, the first 30-35 minutes or whatever was good shit. Oddly, I thought the kid actor in that was really good and kept thinking, "for once I don't hate a child actor." But then I realized Ellie is the main kid and...I'm not sure about that one. I'd agree that the 2023 stuff seemed to drag a bit more, but it still seemed better than 99% of TV these days. Didn't have any issues following anything like some of you said.

It's definitely one of those things where I want to say to my wife, "See, video games have surpassed movies and tv shows for storytelling. They're on a whole different level now." Since she's kind of one of those wives who tolerate my gaming but I think secretly hates it. I'm about 50 hours into Death Stranding (thanks Epic Games), and I mentioned to her that it's all a bunch of actors and has Norman Reedus, so it seems like good timing to drop that line about storytelling.

Death Stranding's story was pretty cool actually.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Ellie actress just seemed wrong. Her know she was a fan fave in GoT but she’s a weird looking kid.
The thing she had in GoT was this bizarrely intense gravitas that made you believe a bunch of hardass northern lords would actually respect a 12 year old ruler of a house as a social equal instead of telling her to fuck off and go play with her dolls. I wasn't entirely sold on her when Jon and Sansa first begged her for help on Bear Island or even at the Battle of the Bastards when she's sneering in disgust right in Ramsay's face, but god damn does she ever steal the scene in the season six finale. Not sure that particular quirk of hers is of much value portraying Ellie and I think they should have gone with Kaitlyn Dever but they apparently wanted someone younger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
My wife watched this with me who has never played a video game in her life including this one, she was fucking lost as to what was going on after the flash forward in time. They did a shit job explaining any baseline factions or what the fuck was going on. So unless you played the game you were lost so that doesn’t make a good TV series.

I thought the casting of Ellie fucking sucked as well as Sarah and the only part I enjoyed was the section in 2003. Guarantee you this goes down the shitter very quickly
I'm in the same boat. My wife watched it with me and even though I never played the game I can follow because I'm a geek, she can't and needs everything explained although there is a lot of we don't know yet in there.

The casting didn't bother me very much. The main guy is Chilean I think but he is relatable so far. They've done a solid job of telling enough backstory for most of the the important characters that you don't have to assume stupid shit to understand them. It could easily go off the rails though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
i didn't mean it as a gripe, i just meant it must be amazing going in blind to this, game of thrones, etc. I was pretty amazed at sandman.
Yeah, I'm kind of jealous of those who are watching this without knowing anything about it, but then again, the game was amazing in its time and I'm glad I was there to play it. I also went into Sandman blind and really enjoyed it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The girl who played Sarah was amazing. Who cares what the fuck race she is.
Honestly, the casting of this entire first episode was perfect. I'm stoked for the entire season.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
The girl who played Sarah was amazing. Who cares what the fuck race she is.

she's thandie newtons daughter, who played maeve in westworld. wonder if she has a british accent too then, which means its yet another fucking limey who can pull off an american access flawlessly, damn

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Best known for his minor role in this:

i thought he was the andor guy
ef07a1259556c9440d6f54c842e0abdd.jpg

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
she's thandie newtons daughter, who played maeve in westworld. wonder if she has a british accent too then, which means its yet another fucking limey who can pull off an american access flawlessly, damn

I didnt play the game so the race switch didnt bother me. But fuck that tweet.

"expected her to be played by a white actress?" Gee, I wonder what could possibly have led to that expectation. Must be racism!

ryan gosling as barack obama.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didnt play the game so the race switch didnt bother me. But fuck that tweet.

"expected her to be played by a white actress?" Gee, I wonder what could possibly have led to that expectation. Must be racism!

ryan gosling as barack obama.jpg
She is being played by a white actress.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

This right here is why this show and everyone like her can go right to hell in a hand basket. No matter what the outcome (And most here actually do not mind) they will STILL fucking tweet this shit regardless. That alone is why people should be pissed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

She is British, yes. Watched the behind the scenes/after the episode thing on HBO Max and they interview her.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
If Hollywood actually wanted to do something kind for black actresses they would cast them in roles written for black women.

This little girl, who did a great job in the role, has been set up by Hollywood to be a punching bag so they can call people racists and virtue signal in the process.

The girl (who did nothing at all wrong) gets shit on in international media (as expected and intended); the studio execs get to virtue signal. Fuck these racist fucks, setting out girls as bait to feel better about themselves.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users