The Last of Us

Szlia

Vaio exclusive!
smile.png

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If you're buying a PS3 just for this, don't forget to grab another great PS3 exclusive - Ni No Kuni.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Beat the game last night. 9/10, will be playing again, mostly because I was a wuss and didn't play on hard the first time through. Campaign is going to run most people 10-12 hrs depending on difficulty and exploration. It is possible to miss some weapons and never see them again, so make sure you scope out areas good before you move on to the next.

Only trophies I got were for beating the game. The rest are all mp, completing collections, or beating on NG+.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Good to hear, would you recommend playing it on hard right from the get go? What does NG+ change? How long did it take you (not sure if it took you 10-12 hrs or if that was your opinion)? Did you explore pretty much everything?

I got some buddies coming over tomorrow and we're going to have 3 tvs going at the same time. Fuckin nerds.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Having played it on normal, yeah I think I would recommend hard. NG+ I haven't started yet, I assume it just starts you off at the beginning with all your acquired gear and will give you a chance to max your weapon/character upgrades, which seems impossible to do from a normal play through. My play time was just north of 11 hours and I felt that I explored a lot. I did miss one weapon somewhere along the way, though.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Watched the entire walkthrough on YouTube. The combat part of the game is nothing new so I'm glad I didn't buy it to play myself - story, characters, dialogue were all amazing though.

Obvious plan for a sequel though.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
My order from Amazon arrived today (hooray for living 20mins away from an Amazon warehouse) and played it till my controller battery died. Amazing so far which is no surprise after seeing all the reviews. Ill second the previous comment for playing it on hard though. They put so much detail into the world to make it feel realistic that it just seems out of place to soak 6-8 bullets before falling over.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I only decided to do it after playing the demo and not being impressed with the combat.

I was mostly interested in the story. Played one over the shoulder shooter you've played em all.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Having played, I can't really argue that. This is Uncharted combat in a different genre.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I actually bought a PS3 for this and other exclusives to tide me over. Sold my 360. Cancelled live, love psn already grabbed a bunch of games on there.

Gamefly just shipped me this today. Can't wait to play it.

Caliane

What? This is a thing? A thing that people do?
sure why not?
1. if you don't own the system. or just dont have the time/money to invest into playing a highly reviewed or lowly reviewed game yourself. lets play's and all. commentary sometimes is good. other times not.
2. Lets face it. games like this are largely cutscenes to cutscenes with some gameplay in between. Its one of the many complaints of modern AAA gaming. you really can pretty much experience a game just by watching it on youtube.