The Last of Us

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Finished downloading it. 2 hours to download 70% of 24 gigs (can start playing then), do not think the digital distribution is handled by the PSN servers. Seems very good. Bit more visceral Uncharted combat. Started on hard, stealth is key that is for sure. About 2 hours in, fantastic story so far. Starts off strong and not let go at all yet. Interesting characters and like uncharted lots of the dialogue is given while moving instead of cutscenes.

Elerion

N00b
How aim centric is the game? I dislike FPS/aiming on controllers, and that certainly doesn't get better with limited ammo.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
From the very little I've played so far it seems sneaking is where it's at. The shooting is pretty shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Played a good chunk of this last night.

Its great, but the shooting mechanics are indeed complete shit.

Stealth + melee kills = GLORIOUS VICTORY

It really is basically uncharted's melee and stealth sections buttressed by a good storyline.

I dunno if all the 10/10 GOTYAY stuff that's been going on with it is warranted, but as one of the last big console titles of the PS3 generation, I'd say its a nice swan song for the system

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I regretted downloading this instead of buying the actual game yesterday. Argh. 20+ hours. lol

Needless

Toe Sucker
So much.. stealth its a bit much. Great game though.
I just wish aiming wasn't such a pile of turd in this game

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Even with improved sway, at least up to the point I'm at
Bill's place
guns are useless if there's more than 1-2 of the main enemy type in an area, particularly if the area has lots of clackers. First the gun fire draws almost everything in the area. The multiple head shots to kill the clackers and the one hit kills from them at melee range make it pointless to even bother trying on a console.

I just make a bunch of shivs and sneak up to a corner near their patrol root and give them the surprise prison shank. Other times I've used cunning, fire a gun at a spot, then dash away and hide, when 3-4 of them group up, nail them with a molotov, set them all on fire, if anymore come up, they have a high chance of touching these guys already on fire, they catch fire. Then I can shoot or fist fight the rest to take out the trash.

The thing though, is the melee combat is really visceral, and flows really well. If you watched the 2012 E3 video, it was a fairly accurate depiction of the gameplay.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well yeah, you aren't supposed to use hand guns to kill clickers. The game is certainly more stealth based and your points are all valid, this is how they keep up the tension in the game.

Hey you get a shotgun at Bills place!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oh, good, that's something to look forward to when I turn the game back on later.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lame review, voice echoes and this beautiful game is captured in 4:3 for some reason.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Still not finished but already one of the best games I've ever played. This game is the everything The Walking Dead wishes it was.

Story, emotion, attention to detail...everything is just top notch.

Simply amazing stealth based gameplay. I enjoy the shooting myself, it's difficult to aim at times yes, but it probably should be or the game would be too easy. Having a great time on Hard, think I'm going to try Survival after I unlock it.

A+++ game and only an idiot would watch the fucking walkthrough instead of playing it.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Am really liking it. It has a lot of the Naughty Dog style which I was worried about after getting burnt out by the end of Uncharted 3 but the atmosphere and tension have reeled me in.

Fairly early in I was just sneaking everywhere, checking every corner for enemies and every spot for supplies and was just thinking how much it took me back to the days of Resident Evil 1, then I looked at the trophy list and busted out laughing for a few minutes when I saw the "Master of lockpicking" trophy.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The shooting gets a lot better once you upgrade the sway shit with meds.

It was my only complaint.

The game is pretty much the best PS3 game to date.

Also feels way longer than I expected it to be.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Pretty damn good game.

I honestly didn't even want to buy it until the price dropped not because I didn't think it would be a good game but it just didn't scream at me to buy it on day one. Ended up taking a shot in the dark and pre-ordered it, and am thoroughly satisfied & I haven't even beaten the game yet.

It is a lot like Uncharted but it definitely has enough of it's own elements to clearly distinguish itself as a different game although the basic mechanics are pretty much the same.

The combat is fine in my book, the shooting is definitely a bit weak but there are so many options in combat that luckily this rarely bothered me. Plus the meds as stated above.

Phenomenal story and atmosphere. Music is pretty good as well, a bit melancholy and dramatic while remaining understated.

8/10, worth picking up.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
The actual gameplay in this game - you know, the main aspect separating a GAME from watching TV or a movie - is janky as fuck. Aiming is awful, clipping is constant, and trying to figure out when you are hidden and when not is basically a guess. Not being able to run into a crouch behind objects...lol. Hilarious how far the industry has fallen if this is GOTY. Yes, the story is nice; maybe even great if, you know, you haven't read a page of literature in the last 15 years. The only stellar thing about this game is the art direction. That is definitely top notch. But GOTY? Give me a fucking break. Solid 8.5 at best if you actually care about how games play.