The Last of Us

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yes, it's better in every way and the original was awesome.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Forgot to ask in the first post, what's the multiplayer like? I'm having a tough time finding any real details about it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm ordering a PS4 tonight, mainly for Bloodborne, NBA2k, and Destiny.

Is the remastered version of this worth it? I never played the PS3 version either, so I'm assuming yes.
Yes, it quite possibly going to be the best PS4 game of the year, even as a remake.

And it's effectively two games in one if you enjoy the multiplayer (which is a great multiplayer - although quite grindy if you care to do the platinum - 168 matches minimum)

Vaclav

Forgot to ask in the first post, what's the multiplayer like? I'm having a tough time finding any real details about it.
Hah, crossposted the question while I was answering a sec ago.

It's alot more tactical than most shooters - there is a leveling up/skill/class building element. During matches you do craft molotovs and smoke bombs and such to supplement things (and their power is scaled pretty well to be worth the "wasting time") - and the concept behind scoring is to get supplies for your band of survivors and most of the awards are connected to that.

Honestly, I hate most multiplayer things - and I find it enjoyable to run a week or so (7 matches) a day give or take.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hah, crossposted the question while I was answering a sec ago.

It's alot more tactical than most shooters - there is a leveling up/skill/class building element. During matches you do craft molotovs and smoke bombs and such to supplement things (and their power is scaled pretty well to be worth the "wasting time") - and the concept behind scoring is to get supplies for your band of survivors and most of the awards are connected to that.

Honestly, I hate most multiplayer things - and I find it enjoyable to run a week or so (7 matches) a day give or take.
Thanks, friend and I just ordered PS4's, so we're gonna give the MP a shot after finishing the main campaign. Is the single player, with the remastered DLC, at least 40 hours of gameplay?

Vaclav

Single player is probably 12-15 hrs unless you crank the difficulty. Plus around 3 hrs for the SP DLC.

Not long, but high quality.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's not long, but not short. Honestly if they added more I think it would have felt like it dragged on.

spronk

FPS noob
fuck its almost 2am (started around 9pm) and i have to force myself to stop playing TLOU, been a long time since a games done that to me. it took me about 2 weeks of occasional 1 hour sessions before i hit that "omg i gotta play i gotta play i gotta play", around chapter 4. its not a super hard game especially for you console pros out there, but for a newb like me I spend a lot of time dying and figuring out better ways to do shit

music is also so goddamn good, could listen to the theme song all day erry day

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started it last night as well on normal. (PS4) So far, great game, its a little slow for me in the beginning hopefully it picks up; just got outside the city with my first real fight encounter and I am dieing alot.

spronk

FPS noob
Oh awesome. Make sure you post something once you finish it, always love to hear other people's impressions.
finished today afternoon the main campaign, absolutely loved it. In many ways glad I waited until remaster until I got to it, since the visuals are so goddamn impressive on PS4. What else is there really to say - its a masterpiece of video gaming, I was really tearing up at the end. I totally see and understand why so many people give it a perfect score, its definitely in the top 5 of my games played list now.

My daughter (13) was watching me play near the end (the hunting chapter... no spoilers) and sat next to me and watched me finish the game over 2 days. Now she wants to play the game from the beginning with some help from her dad. She's never expressed any interest in any video games, but I think the amazing character of Ellie really won her over. I mean, holy shit, the game actually made me mad at OTHER games for not making characters as awesome as Ellie - I'm looking at you, Ubisoft. Fucking Watch Dogs.

The only bad thing about playing TLOU is that its really hard to get back into other games. I didn't think too much of Destiny during the beta, and now I think the storyline and story mechanics at launch are gonna be even more cheesier and cringe-inducing after playing a masterpiece like this
frown.png

only question now is do I tackle Red Dead Redemption or Uncharted 1-2-3 next, I will definitely be playing both of them after seeing so many people who loved TLOU also recommend those 2. Plus neither is probably going to get a PS4 port anytime.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Red dead is great until mexico iirc.

Uncharted are all great but the first is pretty old now. Still a very good game.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Id agree, RDR is awesome. That was the last game I really felt connected to the character and the progression we made.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
only question now is do I tackle Red Dead Redemption or Uncharted 1-2-3 next, I will definitely be playing both of them after seeing so many people who loved TLOU also recommend those 2. Plus neither is probably going to get a PS4 port anytime.
RDR is like GTA western. Story, and gameplay all equal to that of a GTA game. Easily best western game I've ever played.

Uncharted games are like video game homages to the adventure movies of the 80-90s. Story and dialog equally as light and humorous. 8-12 hours a piece, and it is easy to see that TLOU got its game pace mechanic from the Uncharted series. Constant story with battle break areas. I finished them all within a day or two.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure Yoshida called uncharted a great candidate for a next gen remaster so I wouldnt be suprised if that gets announced at some point. I'd stick with RDR for now.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty sure Yoshida called uncharted a great candidate for a next gen remaster so I wouldnt be suprised if that gets announced at some point. I'd stick with RDR for now.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a 3 pack similar to halo