The Last of Us

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So I just watched the cutscenes, because I'm not going to buy it now...HOLY SHIT.....

These fuckers don't just die, that tranny brutalizes them in their final moments and leaves them to die slowly. Ellie is almost helpless against her, its full on man beating a woman, she tries to fight and he just fucking crushes her and them pummels her to death. My god. LOL. This genuinely does look like one of those 70's revenge snuff films with over-the top violence.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So, I've been down the Last Oasis rabbit hole and completely missed this until today. But...

I went hard on Last of Us when it came out. The story of it really was awesome to me, even though the gameplay was mediocre, fairly standard stuff. I pretty much marathoned the game to completion and was really curious about the ending. It seemed to me there were a lot of reasons to think the Fireflies were garbage and that giving up Ellie would actually accomplish nothing, vs the doctors there actually curing the disease. A lot of the little logs and such hinted that they had no idea what they were doing. So.... curious and yearning for more I went out onto the internet and started searching for more information.

Who remembers the phrase, never meet your heroes?

Neil Druckman, in my opinion, is vastly overrated. He had a couple articles talking about the game and his story and if you read between the lines, Last of Us was not his story. He made the framework, but his original write up had Joel kidnapping Ellie and fleeing across the nation while Trish, his sidekick who dies in the beginning, chases them for vengeance. His original write up for Joel was not what we saw. He actually talks about how Troy Baker, the VA for Joel convinced him to change the character and how at first he was very resistant to the idea. According to Neil, Troy told him "No, I understand Joel, I get this character" and basically sold him on a pitch that eventually won him over to change Joel to more what we see now.

Basically, Neil's Last of Us story was not his own. It was heavily edited by a team, with input from the actors and team that made it the story that we all got to see. What we have now though, is a Neil Druckman who can do no wrong. He is now solely in charge of the story without the editing team to question him and wash away the bullshit ideas while distilling the good. He has become the famous story writer, the mastermind that gave us 'The Last of Us' and so now he is off to write his great vision. And this time no one is around to reign him in.

Add to that Neil Druckman is an SJW. Full on, bought and sold believer in the ideology that believes he should use the medium to its fullest to educate people. To make the world 'better' and to do more than just write games. That he needs to use the platform thats been given to him.

I lost interest in the Last of Us 2 quite some time ago when I learned all this, but secretly held out some small hope. I don't know if the leaks are true. They seem to be odd with other leaks reporting that a right wing religious fascist group was going to be the antagonists, and yet Joel and Ellie end up dying being the bad guys? There are some rather odd incongruities with Ellie being aligned with an anti gay faction, but even if they aren't true, this game is going to be a story disaster. Druckman believes his own bullshit too much to not use it as a platform, and you all know the story. Get woke, go broke.

Its funny how you describe Druckman's original vision.

Because that's literally the plot of the sequel just with slight alterations. Looks like its exactly as you said, not that he has some success, he wants to show everyone his original vision was correct and people would have loved it. Full on Lucas effect, it seems.

I said in the TV forum the other day, narcissism and nihilism are absolutely ruining story telling. Every story seemed to get mired in the worst of mankind while also trying to shove the writers ideology down your throat in some ham fisted manner. It looks like without others around, the nihilism of the SJW cult has genuinely gone unchecked here, and Druckman was free to really run with how shitty and oppressive and terrible he thinks humanity is.

Szlia

Mao Mao I have a secret for you : the vast majority of stories written for any sort of large scale performance medium evolves in contact with the execution. In part because things that worked on the page end up not working on the screen/scene/game/whatever, in part because the time it takes for such endeavor means you can very much no longer be in love with ideas you had months ago, in part because a bazillion people come in contact with the story and give feedbacks/inputs, in part because you have new ideas during the process... and I am not even touching on external pressures such as "shareholders want this" or "focus groups did not like that", etc. So saying that Druckmann's story evolved and was a collective effort during the production of Last of Us and therefor was not really his story is a bit absurd as this is the normal process for all these types of projects.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mao Mao I have a secret for you : the vast majority of stories written for any sort of large scale performance medium evolves in contact with the execution. In part because things that worked on the page end up not working on the screen/scene/game/whatever, in part because the time it takes for such endeavor means you can very much no longer be in love with ideas you had months ago, in part because a bazillion people come in contact with the story and give feedbacks/inputs, in part because you have new ideas during the process... and I am not even touching on external pressures such as "shareholders want this" or "focus groups did not like that", etc. So saying that Druckmann's story evolved and was a collective effort during the production of Last of Us and therefor was not really his story is a bit absurd as this is the normal process for all these types of projects.

*whoosh*

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That mindset is fairly common it seems. From Lucas himself to Mass Effect. Their initial leadership is reigned in by competent teams that provide constructive criticism throughout the process resulting in masterpiece level work.

But by the time the next sequel or whatever comes around and the big man was able to get enough credit for the work those competent teams can now be ignored. As they are just attributed to curtailing their genius. It would have been even more awesome and superior if those writers didn't have the power to tell him their were serious flaws in the story that he wanted to tell.

So you get the True Vision and now we have this bullshit. Which is obviously terrible.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I would say generally sure. But in this case EVERYTHING points to Druckman being in complete control and having the ability to tell those on his team to fuck off if they questioned his genius. Just like in Mass Effect 3 and Star Wars.

• 1Solidarity

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tranny stuff aside, in what universe is this a good idea ? Someone took ‘must subvert expectations’ too far and then doubled down.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hilariously, Sony has scrubbed all LoU2 links off their PS Store and its a huge pain in the ass to cancel. I wonder if the Sony Execs got blindsided by all of this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hilariously, Sony has scrubbed all LoU2 links off their PS Store and its a huge pain in the ass to cancel. I wonder if the Sony Execs got blindsided by all of this.

That’s pretty fucked up. Assholes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
@Fedor 's Take:

5ADA0138-F6BF-4E7C-9D65-451AF1802899.jpeg

Looks like the character for a new woke Tomb Raider. Larry Croft.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty funny how pretty much every gaming “journalist” has already blamed people as being homophobic and transphobic for thinking the plot is fucking stupid.

alliwantedtodowasplayvideogames.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty funny how pretty much every gaming “journalist” has already blamed people as being homophobic and transphobic for thinking the plot is fucking stupid.

alliwantedtodowasplayvideogames.jpg

I sent it to a couple normie friends and they didn’t even comment on the tranny, just “Those characters deserve better than that.”

They did comment on the tranny after I sent the picture. “I don’t want to look at that for 30 hours.”

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is it actually confirmed as a tranny, or just a very masculine female?

• 1Seriously?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So I just watched the cutscenes, because I'm not going to buy it now...HOLY SHIT.....

These fuckers don't just die, that tranny brutalizes them in their final moments and leaves them to die slowly. Ellie is almost helpless against her, its full on man beating a woman, she tries to fight and he just fucking crushes her and them pummels her to death. My god. LOL. This genuinely does look like one of those 70's revenge snuff films with over-the top violence.
That clip is what makes the whole thing seem a little fucky. That's not a death scene, or at least it's not presented as one. Ellie and Dina are both obviously fucked up, but Ellie is conscious and Abby didn't cut Dina's throat after her pal walks in on the whole thing. If the whole idea was to get your revenge as this other character and keep the vicious cycle going, you wouldn't just stop beating them and have them die afterwards. This seems more like a mid game scene, probably after Ellie sees them kill Joel. Maybe the leaks are still accurate, but if so this looks more like right before Ellie carves her way through Abby's friends to escape.

Caliane

Is it actually confirmed as a tranny, or just a very masculine female?
theres a KIA reddit post claiming its not actually a trans, for sure. possibly just a woman on steroids. and ellie doesn't die. some of the leaks were incorrect.

here

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This gonna be one of those lazy movie edits where the char you think is dead smiles in the back ground and waves at the end. See you stupid mongloid, you got it all wrong!