The Last of Us

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know. It’s bad enough most of us having moobs from raid nights 5 nights a week. Now playing a dickless man with moobs? Oh fuck that.

giphy.gif

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Even if the tranny shit wasn’t part of it, it sounds terrible. What a terrible idea.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bunch of cry babies, once we get the full story I may agree but until then I looking forward to how to plays out.

You have to be trolling.

The whole tranny thing is only a small part of why this game is going to be a train wreck

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So who is left?! CDPR and....? Struggling to think of another studio not completely fucked over by dikes faggots and people who willingly lob their cocks off. Rockstar maybe?

some Norm genius to wash this stain from your minds

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ryan

Trakanon Raider
Naughty Dog consistently puts out quality shit, y'all are crazy to think this game won't be good. They have some of the best writers/story boarders in the world, and good writing is good writing even if a "woke" trans gender is part of that story. I know you guys LOVE to shit on stuff like this but lets see what they got before shitting all over it.

Once they committed to re-purpose the story for blatant promotion of degeneracy it was over, there's no good writing to be had in that context. It could still be good in terms of technical execution. But unless all those leaks are fake and/or wildly misleading, its fair to shit all over the game at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What in the fuck is this degeneracy.

Amod Amod can we make this a spoilers allowed thread? Surely this forum can't support companies who do this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So, I've been down the Last Oasis rabbit hole and completely missed this until today. But...

I went hard on Last of Us when it came out. The story of it really was awesome to me, even though the gameplay was mediocre, fairly standard stuff. I pretty much marathoned the game to completion and was really curious about the ending. It seemed to me there were a lot of reasons to think the Fireflies were garbage and that giving up Ellie would actually accomplish nothing, vs the doctors there actually curing the disease. A lot of the little logs and such hinted that they had no idea what they were doing. So.... curious and yearning for more I went out onto the internet and started searching for more information.

Who remembers the phrase, never meet your heroes?

Neil Druckman, in my opinion, is vastly overrated. He had a couple articles talking about the game and his story and if you read between the lines, Last of Us was not his story. He made the framework, but his original write up had Joel kidnapping Ellie and fleeing across the nation while Trish, his sidekick who dies in the beginning, chases them for vengeance. His original write up for Joel was not what we saw. He actually talks about how Troy Baker, the VA for Joel convinced him to change the character and how at first he was very resistant to the idea. According to Neil, Troy told him "No, I understand Joel, I get this character" and basically sold him on a pitch that eventually won him over to change Joel to more what we see now.

Basically, Neil's Last of Us story was not his own. It was heavily edited by a team, with input from the actors and team that made it the story that we all got to see. What we have now though, is a Neil Druckman who can do no wrong. He is now solely in charge of the story without the editing team to question him and wash away the bullshit ideas while distilling the good. He has become the famous story writer, the mastermind that gave us 'The Last of Us' and so now he is off to write his great vision. And this time no one is around to reign him in.

Add to that Neil Druckman is an SJW. Full on, bought and sold believer in the ideology that believes he should use the medium to its fullest to educate people. To make the world 'better' and to do more than just write games. That he needs to use the platform thats been given to him.

I lost interest in the Last of Us 2 quite some time ago when I learned all this, but secretly held out some small hope. I don't know if the leaks are true. They seem to be odd with other leaks reporting that a right wing religious fascist group was going to be the antagonists, and yet Joel and Ellie end up dying being the bad guys? There are some rather odd incongruities with Ellie being aligned with an anti gay faction, but even if they aren't true, this game is going to be a story disaster. Druckman believes his own bullshit too much to not use it as a platform, and you all know the story. Get woke, go broke.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I've been down the Last Oasis rabbit hole and completely missed this until today. But...

I went hard on Last of Us when it came out. The story of it really was awesome to me, even though the gameplay was mediocre, fairly standard stuff. I pretty much marathoned the game to completion and was really curious about the ending. It seemed to me there were a lot of reasons to think the Fireflies were garbage and that giving up Ellie would actually accomplish nothing, vs the doctors there actually curing the disease. A lot of the little logs and such hinted that they had no idea what they were doing. So.... curious and yearning for more I went out onto the internet and started searching for more information.

Who remembers the phrase, never meet your heroes?

Neil Druckman, in my opinion, is vastly overrated. He had a couple articles talking about the game and his story and if you read between the lines, Last of Us was not his story. He made the framework, but his original write up had Joel kidnapping Ellie and fleeing across the nation while Trish, his sidekick who dies in the beginning, chases them for vengeance. His original write up for Joel was not what we saw. He actually talks about how Troy Baker, the VA for Joel convinced him to change the character and how at first he was very resistant to the idea. According to Neil, Troy told him "No, I understand Joel, I get this character" and basically sold him on a pitch that eventually won him over to change Joel to more what we see now.

Basically, Neil's Last of Us story was not his own. It was heavily edited by a team, with input from the actors and team that made it the story that we all got to see. What we have now though, is a Neil Druckman who can do no wrong. He is now solely in charge of the story without the editing team to question him and wash away the bullshit ideas while distilling the good. He has become the famous story writer, the mastermind that gave us 'The Last of Us' and so now he is off to write his great vision. And this time no one is around to reign him in.

Add to that Neil Druckman is an SJW. Full on, bought and sold believer in the ideology that believes he should use the medium to its fullest to educate people. To make the world 'better' and to do more than just write games. That he needs to use the platform thats been given to him.

I lost interest in the Last of Us 2 quite some time ago when I learned all this, but secretly held out some small hope. I don't know if the leaks are true. They seem to be odd with other leaks reporting that a right wing religious fascist group was going to be the antagonists, and yet Joel and Ellie end up dying being the bad guys? There are some rather odd incongruities with Ellie being aligned with an anti gay faction, but even if they aren't true, this game is going to be a story disaster. Druckman believes his own bullshit too much to not use it as a platform, and you all know the story. Get woke, go broke.
Joel and Ellie are only the bad guys in the eyes of a deranged psychopath who hates the world as much as they hate themselves.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
What's slightly more amusing about this whole thing, is in the original story you wondered in some part if they actually would be able to use Ellie to find the cure. But no. The doctor that we killed who was supposed to be the one doing the research? His daughter is a transexual, who he apparently supported (if not performed) the transition /after/ the fall of mankind and the outbreak of the zombie virus, knowing that they wouldn't have access to ready hormones and health care?

Yeah, that fucker is dumb as shit and his medical opinion is suspect. He deserved all the murder he got. He wasn't finding the cure, and Joel was right to murder him and save Ellie all along.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Joel and Ellie are only the bad guys in the eyes of a deranged psychopath who hates the world as much as they hate themselves.
A number of people have said that Joel is actually the villain and doomed mankind from ever finding a cure. That he is selfish and couldn't get over his previous loss, and therefore has kidnapped Ellie and denied her freedom of choice. Denying her growing into her own person and making her own decisions. Not allowing her to grow up and be her own person. (Which, would be tough if she was dead, but whatever).

Amusingly enough I'd have to search for the article, but the above is pretty close to Neil Druckman's position on the ending, and might help explain why he decided to make the next story about how Joel's killing comes back to repay him.

In an odd twist, the voice actress for Ellie talking about shooting the final scene, says they did it more as Joel letting her know that she has value outside just being 'the cure' and that she is trusting him to show her there is more worth living for. Funny how the writer is saying one thing, but the people doing the scenes say their acting cues were another.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

It does mention that they are being attacked by some cult. That this cult is the post-apocalypse KKK is just perfect.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's slightly more amusing about this whole thing, is in the original story you wondered in some part if they actually would be able to use Ellie to find the cure. But no. The doctor that we killed who was supposed to be the one doing the research? His daughter is a transexual, who he apparently supported (if not performed) the transition /after/ the fall of mankind and the outbreak of the zombie virus, knowing that they wouldn't have access to ready hormones and health care?

Yeah, that fucker is dumb as shit and his medical opinion is suspect. He deserved all the murder he got. He wasn't finding the cure, and Joel was right to murder him and save Ellie all along.

World being eaten alive by mushroom zombies as society collapses, "Daddy I can't LIVE ANOTHER SINGLE DAY as a man trapped in a woman's body. Please dickchop me."

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
From all the trailers, I am guessing the story is something like this:

Ellie and Dina fell in love, Ellie and Dina went out for an mission and Dina got killed by people from another group of faction. Ellie wants revenge and trace the other faction all the way to Washington state. Joel joins up with her when she got into big trouble. The pair discover a lot about the world with different factions etc. (Maybe even Ellie found out about Joel lying about saving her from Firefly?)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
From all the trailers, I am guessing the story is something like this:

Ellie and Dina fell in love, Ellie and Dina went out for an mission and Dina got killed by people from another group of faction. Ellie wants revenge and trace the other faction all the way to Washington state. Joel joins up with her when she got into big trouble. The pair discover a lot about the world with different factions etc. (Maybe even Ellie found out about Joel lying about saving her from Firefly?)
I mean that sounds awesome so we know that isn’t it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Naughty Dog consistently puts out quality shit, y'all are crazy to think this game won't be good. They have some of the best writers/story boarders in the world, and good writing is good writing even if a "woke" trans gender is part of that story. I know you guys LOVE to shit on stuff like this but lets see what they got before shitting all over it.
Quite a lot of the reactions seem to be less about who is going it, and more about what is being done.

To paraphrase a reaction video: "With uncharted's amount of cutscenes, I thought the lead dev of ND wanted to do movies. Now, I think he wants to do snuff movies."