The Last of Us

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I would totally opt out of the WoW movie to direct The Last of Us.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Anyone happen to know how they did all of their environmental props assets (examples: eye wash station, microscopes, etc)? I'm curious if they did them all by hand (there has to be literally THOUSANDS of unique art assets...). I'm thinking they had to have streamlined it in some way (maybe outsourced the environmental art?). I've tried googling but my google-fu is weak.
I was super impressed with how many unique art assets there were in game. I fully expected to see copy/pasted items, but it seemed like every house and room had different items, new pictures, and it's own little story. I normally don't hit up 100% of a game, but I tried to leave no stone unturned.

Brad2770

As long as they stick to the source material, it will be great. This means everyone stomping around except Joel.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
7hPZMVe.jpg

The Road (2009) - IMDb
Variation on the theme?

nuday

Golden Squire
It's going to be difficult for me not to be a purist on this one. I really, really enjoyed the story line of the game. If we end up with World War Z infected I might burn something down.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
"the road" is one of my all time favorite books. "the last of us" is one of my all time favorite video games. if someone can combine the two, it could be epic.

Szlia

As I mentioned in the Last of Us thread in Other Games: assume this movie will not be made until they start shooting. We're still waiting on Uncharted turned into a family of art dealers btw...

kudos

<Banned>
Would be rather hypocritical of Ellen Page to play the role considering what she said about the character in the game and how the company used her likeness.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
having played the last of us and played beyond two souls, ellen page would have made a horrible ellie. her "acting" in beyond two souls was horrible, but everything about that game was horrible.

also has there ever been a video game movie that was at least a C grade? they've all been horrible.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How about Dungeons & Dragons? I kinda liked it - a Wakandan thief, a white thief and an annoying moralizing mage chick. And that adorable dragon girl. What's not to like?

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
It's going to be difficult for me not to be a purist on this one. I really, really enjoyed the story line of the game. If we end up with World War Z infected I might burn something down.
This, exactly. The only version of this movie that I could stand is if it was based on someone else in the same universe. But I know that won't happen...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have little hope for this movie if it's about Joel and Ellie. I hope they make it a new story, but set in the same world / outbreak.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This will be as bad the Dragonball Z live action move...
It's out on parole. Did you enter a plea bargain?
smile.png

Didn't Keg love the Dragonball Z? I seem to recall him saying something about banging a chick, coked up and then as you're laying there, king of the world, then look up at a poster of a Dragonball Z character. I can't recall the cool part. Hilarious though.