The Legend of Korra

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well what did you guys really expect? Korra obviously wasn't going to win that fight or else the season would be over.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well what did you guys really expect? Korra obviously wasn't going to win that fight or else the season would be over.
Yeah, but watching her getting smacked for 5 minutes is pretty anticlimactic. Kuvira has a prisoner Korra would do anything for right there, even if she was kicking Kuvira's ass, she can threaten her life and we go back to square zero. The series is at its best when people throw mountains around, this was a waste of time.

Episode would be instantly saved by Toph's appearance though.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Kuvira obviously didn't read The Two Towers. Fucking with enchanted forests is a bad move.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Are people watching this off iTunes? Nick.com appears to have the episode posted, but when I go to it the content is currently unavailable...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah Nick made it plain they aren't going to support Avatar, so I'm not going to support them by watching it on Nick.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Nice to see Korra not getting the snot beaten out of her, but yeah, the last scene was such a tophtease.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh and with the Zhu Li this and Zhu Li that, it really seems like they're setting the stage for a big sincere apology from Varrick that will win Zhu Li back at some critical moment.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kinda odd they had a "clip episode"...since when does a cartoon have a damn clip episode??

I have to admit I lol'd at the Varrick part, though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I was pretty pissed off that they tossed a clip episode into a fucking 13 episode season. Then I got to the Varrick part and it had me in stitches, so I guess it's ok?

Still pretty disappointing that we have to wait another week to see big mama toph lay the law down.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
https://archive.today/Z2CzO

Bryan Konieztko_sl said:
In a couple hours the eighth chapter of Korra Book 4 will be released online, and I suppose, if you are none the wiser, a few minutes into it you will feel duped and yell at your screen, "Hey! This is a crummy clips episode!" And that is (almost) exactly what it is--except we all worked really hard to make sure at the very least it isn't crummy. I'm here to explain why we ended up having to do one. Sometime around a year and a half ago we were similarly duped on a large scale. We got the news from the higher-ups that our Book 4 budget was getting slashed, almost to the tune of an entire episode's budget. We had two options: 1) let go a significant number of crew members several weeks early, or 2) make a clips episode. We never considered the first option.
So, Nick fucks LoK over again. That being said, I thought they did well with what they had.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya, for a clip episode it was pretty entertaining at parts. The evil conference call was funny as hell.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Fuck Nick
frown.png
For a clip episode it wasn't that bad, but come on, the seasons are short enough already.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Im very sad that Korra will not be followed up by the Varrick Mover Variety Hour