The Legend of Korra

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
8uOOycL6r4vqOT8tgw4behO5MmB.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Legend of Korra[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2012-04-14[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The Legend of Korra is an American animated television series that premiered on the Nickelodeon television network in 2012. It was created by Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino as a sequel to their series Avatar: The Last Airbender, which aired on Nickelodeon from 2005 to 2008. Several people involved with creating Avatar, including designer Joaquim Dos Santos and composers Jeremy Zuckerman and Benjamin Wynn, returned to work on The Legend of Korra.

The series is set in a fictional universe where some people can manipulate, or "bend", the elements of water, earth, fire, or air. Only one person, the "Avatar", can bend all four elements, and is responsible for maintaining balance in the world. The series follows Avatar Korra, the successor of Aang from the previous series, as she faces political and spiritual unrest in a modernizing world.

The series, whose style is strongly influenced by Japanese animation, has been a critical and commercial success. It obtained the highest audience total for an animated series in the United States in 2012. The series was praised by reviewers for its high production values and for addressing difficult sociopolitical issues such as social unrest and terrorism. It was initially conceived as a miniseries of 12 episodes, but it is now set to run for 52 episodes separated into four seasons, each of which tells a separate story.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Book 3 trailer looks bitchin'

First 3 episodes next friday apparently. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fingz_sl

shitlord
Cool, I need something to watch now that it's the off season for a lot of shows.

Not into Korra series as much as the original but they are watchable. She got a boob reduction in season 2. Hope the girls make a return.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Super excited, by far one of the best series out there
Though Legend of Korra is more mature in tone, I'm having a harder time enjoying it as much as the original Avatar. I can't put my finger on the exact reason, but I think it's a combination of the world being a little too unrecognizable this time around and not being able to relate to an emo female protagonist.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Though Legend of Korra is more mature in tone, I'm having a harder time enjoying it as much as the original Avatar. I can't put my finger on the exact reason, but I think it's a combination of the world being a little too unrecognizable this time around and not being able to relate to an emo female protagonist.
I like how in this avatar series there is a lot better plot development as opposed to the old one and the fights, but i enjoyed the small episodes where each one they faced something they solved as opposed to now its a real series where you are left with cliffhangers etc.

Cybsled

Fuck, I forgot about this. I wonder if the Nick website will toss them up?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Apparently they released 3 episodes at once.

I think Avatar was a bit better because there was time to tell all the stories and Ang had room to fail, Korra feels a bit more packed and she has to behave like an idiot, because theoretically the avatar should own everybody.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ok, it's awesome, I wonder how many kids can read between the lines, stuff like "avatar approval rating" and what happens when Korra goes to pick up the tax money ...

Also, every nation loves creating overly complicated prisons apparently.

I was waiting for lake Laogai mention, and we got it in everything but the name.

Odds of the water bender criminal chick being a bloodbender too ?

SS Korrasami has arrived to port

The airbending basement dweller was fun

Cybsled

Pretty good 1st 3 episodes. Supposedly some station in Mexico released 4 through 6, but they are in Spanish.

As for your "shipping" mention...it would be 10000% awesome, but they would never do it ;p That is what the internet is for lol.

Btw, theories on the last "super criminal"? She sounded a lot like Asami (although obviously not her). Azula's daughter?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Azula's and Sparky sparky boom man's lovechild probably.

Sparky sparky boom ma'am.

The Zuko talk in the elevator was awesome
"Yeah, who didn't try to kill the Avatar..."

Fingz_sl

shitlord
I'm liking the combat a lot more this season. It's better all around. I really liked the water bender who they broke out of prison and how she used water like tentacle whips.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Weird. I can't find the Full Episodes on Nick.com. Where are you guys watching these?