The Legend of Korra

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's not retarded, she's just ignorant of what all is going on. And making a retarded decision because of that ignorance.

There's a thread on reddit with people speculating that Korra could go to Zaheer for help, even if it only ended up being to talk and not the profoundly nonsensical idea of letting him out of prison to actually help directly. This was my favorite response to the idea.

"Sup Zaheer."
"Ah, Korra. A welcome sight in this dark cavern. Why did you come?"
"To talk about the Earth Kingdom that you beheaded."
"Ah. Well, as I said before, Korra - the natural order is disorder. Soon, all the world will..."
"It's a dictatorship."
"...Say what?"
"Yeah, turns out people didn't just revert to anarchy because you kill one Queen. Some chick showed up and reunited everything. It's an industrialized, conformist movement following the ideals of material progress and social unity. They have complete control of the populace and already began imprisoning those with differing opinions. It's the very antithesis of everything you wanted for the world and the exact opposite of what you predicted as a result for your coup."
"So....you want my help defeating her?"
"Nope, just felt like rubbing your nose in it. Let's call it payback for the mercury."
"You got to be kidding me."
"Nope. Bye!"
lol @ how close this was

Cybsled

I do like the fact that Zaheer was still true to his ideals and was ok helping Korra just so she could battle the very thing he was trying to fight against.

Cybsled

Well, I guess that explains why Toph wasn't doing anything about the Spirit Tree.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Varrick and Asami are gonna do something spectacular I bet. Was good to see Zaheer realize that his actions backfired in perhaps the worst possible way, and yet in many ways he has been a better Air Bending master than Tenzin...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Continuing my tradition of wrong guesses this season, I'm gonna guess Baatar Jr finishes the superweapon and they fire it at Korra and she spiritbends it harmlessly away or back at them or something.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I quite liked Firelord Izumi stating outright that the Fire Nation spent too many years fighting dumb wars and she was not about to initiate another one. Shame that Korra really never got much into this eras Fire Nation as it would be nice to further see how it contrasts with the history we know. Clearly both the Earth and Water nations are substantially different.

Then again I'm also hoping for a scene with Asami and Varrick where they talk about being non-benders in a society still dominated by elemental benders and how they have to work twice as hard to compete with and supass bending with technology.

Cybsled

Lol such teases with Toph, although she had a good point about old folks and the younger ones
wink.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Them addressing the whole "why isn't Gaang active anymore" question was nice touch, but Toph showing off with just a single move was a bit disappointing. There's never enough Toph.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
kinda predictable

except for the godzilla sized mech suit partially powered by metal bending that she somehow managed to construct in secret without Zhu Li knowing despite being heavily involved in the superweapon project

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Excellent episode. Someone def died in the explosion though. I think it may be Tenzin's wife since she intentionally stayed to help and they made a scene of it. Batar will spill the beans because Kuvira doesn't give a fuck about him and just wants power. Well written though, as expected!

Cybsled

I missed it, but someone else pointed it out to me

The metal domes are what was used to make the super mech. Wasn't Tenzin's wife at the train station? I thought they were just as a dockside warehouse where they were making the flying mech suits

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I missed it, but someone else pointed it out to me

The metal domes are what was used to make the super mech. Wasn't Tenzin's wife at the train station? I thought they were just as a dockside warehouse where they were making the flying mech suits
It's been all day I think we can dispense with the spoiler tags. I only used them cause I watched it first thing this morning.

Pema was indeed at the train station, not at the warehouse. And yes, presumably the domes have to be where the metal came from, although that still doesn't explain how she was able to construct something so fucking big in secret, especially from Zhu Li who was working directly on the super weapon that was going to end up attached to the things arm. But I guess I'm being nitpicky.

Unless Zhu Li is lying about not knowing about the giant mech, and is actually a TRIPLE agent.

Also this.

rrr_img_84904.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know what the solution is. They need an even more equally big monster! That mech would be no match for a giant metal Bender.

rrr_img_84905.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think it's a nice way to even the playing field without having to rely on Korra being weak again and again, because really, she should be able to wipe out Kuvirra if she is at full power.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It will indeed be very bittersweet to see the end. Having two books in one year has been a treat, but now we won't have any more at all and even if they do come back to the Avatar world in a few years it wont be with Korra etc.

I have never seen someone watch the show and not be interested in what was going on nor have I seen any bad reviews of it...It just mystifies me how this not only not a megahit but not even considered average. It is without any doubt the best animated show in the U.S. at this point and every aspect of it has been class and quality. Hell they even had a clip-show that managed to be pretty damn nice.

I suspect in 15 years Nick and its partners will still be selling copies of Korra and everyone will treat it with the reverence we currently have for Batman the Animated Series and the Timmverse.