The Legend of Korra

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thus begins the struggle to get the nick website to work without disabling every browser protection setting imaginable.

Video keeps wanting to start at 7:00 and gives a double background audio stream that can't be stopped.

Cybsled

Considering the show is already free, what is the damned point of pirating?

Besides, if he is afraid of the Nick
Site, why would he go to some warez/pirate site? Lol

Malakriss

99% of the internet works fine without doing anything or simply allowing the video object. Nick's site is retarded and takes jumping through hoops with cookies, adblock, scripts, etc just to get it to work, and it has been like that for years.

Or did you guys somehow think every video on the net randomly starts midway through with duping audio you can't turn off?

edit: hasn't hit other streaming sites yet, should I watch it in IE?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
All Viacom sites are like that. If you allow nick and mtvservices to run javascript the video works fine.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This whole Red Lotus thing is an interesting development, but something about it doesn't seem quite right. Freeing Vaatu during harmonic convergence doesn't seem like the best course of action and going back to free Vaatu now using Korra seems like too much of a derivative plotline for a season titled "Change". Really at this point not much has changed other than the aftereffects of the spirit portals being open.

Cybsled

Well, Zafir did explain that the whole Dark Avatar thing (and by extension, the Vaatu thing) wasn't their original plan...they primarily just wanted to reopen the spirit portal and then cause all kingdoms/governments to collapse, essentially placing the world back into pre-nation state

Malakriss

The Republic City President may be ineffective but something definitely needs to be done about the Earth Queen. The water tribes have mainly handled their own problems in the previous seasons but we still haven't even touched on potential issues of the Fire Nation yet either. So there is some credence to what the Red Lotus preaches but again like most anarchy founded movements it completely rejects the idea of change from within the system to fix problems.

Overall this makes the enemy team weak villains, and the Earth Queen / Kingdom hasn't been built up enough to be the big bad so I feel that any climax this season will be lackluster so they might as well build up season 4 with leftover cliffhangers

Also, the problem with their website seems to be with third party cookies / Ghostery / ad-related stuff. Their coding is still retarded though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hannibal Korra. I'd watch that.

Yeah, Zaheer's arguments fall apart, the only way his plan works is if Korra gets pissed at the Earth Queen and murders her, thereby destabilizing the whole state and all the other leaders will have to be afraid of her. I mean, she has been treated like a fucking child by everybody so far.

Pirating - well, as far as Nick is concerned, my country is on the moon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do Zaheer's arguments fall apart? He wasn't trying to convert her to his way of thinking, he was stalling her while they went to grab her body.

Just watched Season 3 yesterday, glad I finally got around to catching it. Pretty good.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There's always the Avatar who is above everyone else, anarchy implies everybody is equal. Then there's also the argument of benders vs non-benders

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Slightly off topic, but has anyone read the various graphic novels that happen after the end of the hundred years war? I think there are 2 or 3, and it's some pretty interesting stuff. Goes over what happened to Ursa (Zuko's mother), and some pretty dramatic stuff with Aang.

He permanently severs his connection to Roku because Roku tried to make him kill Zuko, and then later Yangchen explains that doing this damaged his connection to all his past lives. Don't think it went any farther than that, but I only read a summary, didn't read the actual graphic novel

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Qwn3yB6.gif

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do have to say that Asami has been pretty badass overall, and I'm actually thinking that maybe Bolin can't metalbend and just being part of Team Avatar doesn't necessarily mean you have amazing abilities (which all of Aang's group seemed to have)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seeing as how there are only 3 episodes left in book 3, seems unlikely that Bolin is gonna figure out metal bending if he couldn't do it there in prison.

He could pick up lava bending from watching Ghazan though!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
As for digital distribution, my wife and I have been following it on Hulu. And it's actually showing on there without commercials.... At least it has been for us so far.