The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm honestly not sure. I was able to download it fairly quickly at midnight on launch night. What class of memory card did you get? I think it can only download as fast as it can write to your memory card.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Yea I got mine in like 40 min at launch from the estore too. Sorry bro. Try pausing it and reseting the DS?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Fuck, this game is awesome. Only reason I stop now and then is because those fucking handhelds make my thumbs cramp up after a while. This one is ranking up there with LTTP and OOT for me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Fuck, this game is awesome. Only reason I stop now and then is because those fucking handhelds make my thumbs cramp up after a while. This one is ranking up there with LTTP and OOT for me.
Yeah, my wrists/hands are jacked up in general and handhelds really aggravate them. Just gotta' find the sweet spot to hold it, I guess.

As for the game download, I downloaded it on release day around 7pm EST without issue. Took about 30 min, if that, on the stock memory card.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
Many props to you fuckers for convincing me to get 3DS and Zelda btw, 24 hour shift on a sunday and I don't even care. will be playing this and OOT

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I guess it's a problem with uverse. It downloaded over night and I dot really plan on buying many digital games from the store so problem solved.

This game plays almost exactly like a link to the past, which is awesome. It's pretty hard going from the nice oled vita screen to the 3ds screen though

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Well LTTP was my favorite game ever. This game is freaking awesome. So good. Been a long time since I sat and played 10-12 hours in one sitting. Fuck yes.

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hero mode is a decent challenge, you take much more damage. Unfortunately you have to beat the game to unlock it, which mitigates most of the difficulty.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
several hours in after getting this yesterday. It's very hard to put this game down, Loving it with a passion. The item rental stuff is kind if an eyebrow raiser, but you do eventually get to buy them outright instead of find in a dungeon which is different(did they do this in a previous title or is this new? admittedly I haven't played some zelda titles due to lack of funds for the console it came on at the time).

Highly recommended if you own a 3DS, consider buying the system if you don't, I'd say its worth it if not for pokemon then definitely this title.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The renting items is a new thing. I thought it was kind of hokey at first, but there are so many cool new puzzles that it doesn't really deter from how good the game is. It's also come to bite me in my ass a couple of times when I got a little too gung-ho and died.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Pffft, I'm always rollin around, mad balling, out of control, full rental gear; boppin baddies.
makin' it hail on hoes with phat silver rupees. Savin bitches.
#ididntchoosethethuglifethethuglifechoseme

I'm getting bored roughly 3 sages into the dark world though. Its a fantastic game for sure but I guess the whole zelda style is getting stale to me lol

Bruman

Golden Squire
So much I love about this game.

Being able to own everything so much earlier gets rid of a lot of the tedium of back-tracking. It's Zelda, I know how to play, just let me play. Pick-and-chose what dungeon you feel like going to. The stamina meter I was skeptical about, but I've really liked how it worked out. The collecting side-quest is really well done too - having a rough idea of where to hunt down things helps a lot.

Also, not to mention, it's MISSING several of the annoyances that becomes staples since OoT - annoying gameflow-breaking puzzle-spoilering sidekick, hours until your first dungeon, more hours until the world is explorable, cutscene and dialogs out the wazoo. Skyward Sword was good, but I always felt it was overrated at the same time - I spent so much of my time being annoyed instead of being able to play.

spronk

FPS noob
for some reason nintendo wouldn't sell amazon the gold bundles, maybe they hate them or something. Its still available at most best buys around the country, but will probably all be gone by christmas since its a limited edition SKU. 3ds XL will be $150 on black friday at target/amazon/etc though, and the bundle is nice but you get a digital version of the game instead of a cart, depends which you prefer I guess.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Amazon does not directly sell Nintendo products. They havnt for awhile. When the first 3ds price drop happened Amazon was upset since Nintendo announced the price drop awhile before it happened and allowed Walmart to start selling the 3DS cheaper first. After that they stopped getting Nintedo products directly from Nintendo.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Finished it 100% on Normal, amazing as fuck game. Quite possibly the best Zelda they've ever done.

Will save Hero Mode for another time, have so much stuff to go through now that I've got a 3DS + need to finish Killzone, Knack, and a bunch of PS3 games.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
for some reason nintendo wouldn't sell amazon the gold bundles, maybe they hate them or something. Its still available at most best buys around the country, but will probably all be gone by christmas since its a limited edition SKU. 3ds XL will be $150 on black friday at target/amazon/etc though, and the bundle is nice but you get a digital version of the game instead of a cart, depends which you prefer I guess.
They do sell directly. Just look at the non bundle 3DS XL, shipped and sold by amazon

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Really fun game so far. My only gripe is seeing that snake boss where I have to hit it's tail. How many times am I going to have that boss across Zelda games? Either way, reminded me of when I played the original NES version decades ago. With that said, the originality in some the dungeons and the puzzles there more than make up for it.