The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well aside from the fact that the left timeline is also the only one that actually can make some sense(even though I think LTTP should be after original Zelda). Even the adult/child era split doesn't jibe.

So the "Child" era timeline is the one you achieve at the end of Zelda by going back in time after you defeat Ganon and Ganon is somehow defeated there because you defeated him in the future? And the Adult timeline is one where you didn't show up in the Adult era because you went back in time after defeating Ganon so now Ganon is free to rule the world? What!?

It's nonsense.

You are right about the clear progression present in each of the individual timelines that you edited into your post, it's trying to shoehorn OOT into the mix and create a "split" that doesn't make sense. All because of that stupid OOT ending.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I pay zero attention to Zelda's shitty story.

Sean_sl

shitlord
It's nonsense.

You are right about the clear progression present in each of the individual timelines that you edited into your post, it's trying to shoehorn OOT into the mix and create a "split" that doesn't make sense. All because of that stupid OOT ending.
Yeah, the OoT split stuff is stupid. But the separate timeline progressions make pretty good sense imo.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I really liked the end scene with Link putting the Master Sword back in the pedestal - I guess that's why it's always for the next hero.

Great game - might be my new favorite Zelda, Windwaker is bumped to #2.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I pay zero attention to Zelda's shitty story.
Me too bro, me too.

Last night I was stuck in the Dark Palace for 2.5 hours because i couldn't find why 1 beam of light wasn't reaching the boss' door to access the boss.
Then i realized I should check the 2nd room of the dungeon to make sure i didn't miss anything there.

One. Fucking. Square. of. bombable. flooring.
God. Damnit.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I kinda wish they would have deviated a little more from link to the past. I like being able to explore new worlds, but Hyrule was almost exactly the same and the dark worlds were nearly the same. Gotta go back and get the two pieces of heart that I havent found yet, along with like 40 of the little squid things.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Be glad it wasn't just a straight up remake like it originally was going to be until Miyamoto stepped in.

spronk

FPS noob
if you live on west coast target is selling the zelda 3ds xl bundles (retail $220) for $150 tonight, target stores open at 8pm. up in the air if your target has any in stock, no way to check online. some people are also grabbing the luigi and mario bundles which aren't supposed to go on sale until dec 2nd.

since its a limited edition sku you could try holding on and selling in a few months, but i have a feeling its not going to be as in demand as the pikachu or animal crossing versions

Siliconemelons

Nice, Target ad just shows 3ds xl as 150- didnt know they where includeing whatever bundles they had as that :p nicceee if u can snag one at that! I got mine during the 200$ walmart deal

just got the 3rd pendant- great zelda thus far!

Siliconemelons

Random bump- lots of 3dsXL cyber monday deals, the mario xl bundel is like 180 at I think walmart, there are also 200$ bundels that come with 1 or 2 other cheap 3DS games or whatnot- one comes with the new paper mario sticker game... good time to grab one if your looking at this zelda, and or 3ds OOT (I hear its very good with redone visuals etc)

Re: Zelda Timeline - my wife was like "wtf are these zoras where are my nekked chicks" - got me thinking of the timelines etc- the defeated timeline really needs to be just by itself, it also could use a nice origin story that does not suck like skyward sword... all the zoras in the defeated timelines are the more-fish like ones, while all the others they are the more people like style.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Beat this last night. Really great game. I enjoyed it start to finish. I'm still missing 4 heart pieces, but after an hour of that shitty baseball game, I resigned myself to just beat the game and call it a day.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i didn't bother collecting the last 30 creatures/4 hearts just because it was insanely unnecessary. The game is already stupidly easy, even moreso when you get the blue mail, even more so when you get the red mail.
Perhaps i'll try hero mode later on but I can still see that being really easy as well lol

Maybe hero mode with no upgrades, that would be baller.
hero mode with no extra hearts or upgrades, maximum baller.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Yea normal mode is pretty ez mode. Maybe because I beat LTTP so many times as a kid. But I haven't died a single time, with like 40 mai's and less than 10 heart pieces and 1 picture left to go.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, it's very difficult to die if you're paying attention.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Beat this last night. Really great game. I enjoyed it start to finish. I'm still missing 4 heart pieces, but after an hour of that shitty baseball game, I resigned myself to just beat the game and call it a day.
I have one last heart container and it's in that baseball game. I said screw it and just went ahead and beat the game.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Finished it over the weekend myself. Got everything upgraded (even the lamp and net), all the seashells, all the bottles, max rupees, and 2 out of 3 monster parts maxed too, heh. Missing 3 heart pieces - the baseball game, Lorule rupee rush, and the racing game (which I never tried). I knew I wouldn't get the piece from baseball, so didn't really care. Awesome game. My favorite Zelda since LTTP. I loved all the changes, and I hope that the painting gimmick makes it's way into another Zelda game some day.

The Master

Bronze Squire
The racing game is pretty trivial. You can cheat by going through the crack into the other world, warp to Skull Woods, go to where the Miner's house is, use the crack there, go outside, walk behind house. My time first try was 58 seconds. Wasn't sure it'd work, had tried the overworld route 2-3 times and was getting tired of missing it by a couple of seconds.

Only needed to play baseball 10 times. I thought it was going to suck, but I figured out a strat. All the way back on the stick = outfield. All the way in = infield. No pressure = middle. The key is getting 3 in a row and then hitting the crow. To hit the crow no movement on the stick, and the ball will home in on it if you get it close enough. To get three in a row I'd hit it randomly on the infield/midfield, if I had a streak of 2 going, I'd go outfield because I could reliably hit those with a little practice. The benefit of doing it that way is if you run low on pots, odds of hitting the crabs goes up. Hit crabs, new pots, more chances for a streak. Way better than some of the RNG heart pieces I've had to deal with in the hand held Zeldas. And really that was the most difficult one. Lorule Rupee Rush was easy with the Sand Rod.

Was so disappointed with Skyward Sword, this re-invigorated my love for Zelda games.