The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I landed on this survival island thing where it takes all your gear. It doesn't let you save your game there? It was late and I had to go to bed and I basically lost all my progress there. I'm guessing that's on purpose? How long does it take to complete that area?

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
April 2nd patch of CEMU has the game pretty much 100% playable. Currently the only major pending issues are cut scenes do not play and the camera can not be used. That means you can not do memory quest. Divine beasts/shrines/ganon/etc all good to go. Crazy progress.

This is very good news. As someone who doesn't like the idea of buying a new console just for one damn game, I'll definitely keep my eyes on the CEMU project

Siliconemelons

So I landed on this survival island thing where it takes all your gear. It doesn't let you save your game there? It was late and I had to go to bed and I basically lost all my progress there. I'm guessing that's on purpose? How long does it take to complete that area?

no you cannot save- and if you fail or die it alll resets... it made me be very careful lol

There are 3 orbs and places to put them - all of them can be done without really doing much of the fighting - although it really is not that bad... The Hynox you can sneak or just awaken and run in and jack the ball outta his crotch lol.... or you can kill him the ez way (collect all the metal boxes - 2 near him and I think 2 off on the shore somewhere - and use magnet power to levitate them and whack him with them- eye shot does most dmg... I umm...lost all but 1 of my boxes and didnt wanna reset - I still managed to kill him (time stop +) and it took quite a while but I got him!

There is a hearty durion tree, and there is a campfire and cook pot with bobkins up the hill by the hynox -- the elements are also scaled against you, don't climb the BIG mountain yet- that will trigger rain (lol fuck your climbing! - at least it did for me) - and that puts out the campfire to cook- the durion's are + hearts and full recovery when you cook ONE, I think the one tree i found had 3-4, there may be another tree...

Also @ the top or, what was my "last" orb was a fairly large collection of bobkins and 1 of the bigger dudes and he has royal or knight level sword/sheild and will wreck your face- by then I had collected and saved enough arrows to cheese him- there is a big slate over the last (or top) orb holder- its not magnetic,--- spoiler solution--- you time stop it and beat it and it will go off.. yay! To me this was one of the most fun things having been "in the game" for a while and gotten comfortable / OP-ish - if this was found early on, it would have just been annoying.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
About 10-15 minutes if you don't dick around too much

Siliconemelons

I do agree - it does have a nice soundtrack, it just is not really "memorable" - you wont find yourself humming BOTW's XYZ music... it does fit, and he is spot on in the theme and overall style of music. BOTW is a story of the backup plan - the entire thing failed ...
namely, Zelda herself failed and caused directly the death of many of her people, the 4 heroes, her father and even Link - it was a last ditch effort to keep him alive as she - and he are the core and last ditch chance to actually win.. I have not gotten all the memories yet- I don't want to look them up so it is taking some time.

The music is indeed good and there was a ton of effort put in into it - it fits perfectly and the attention to detail is awesome, the castle music is awesome - it just not "BOOM THIS is the BOTW theme!"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Haha I came across this too when I was like... "Hey what's out there on
Gilligan's island...
"

I need to go back and try that again. I just finished a 3rd dungeon last night. I only have the fire/hot area left. But I keep burning up. Is there an easy way to get some fire resist clothes?

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably pick this up along with a Switch once they're available in stores again.. I was trying to resist buying a new console just for this game, but I'm failing..

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Gilligan's island...
"

I need to go back and try that again. I just finished a 3rd dungeon last night. I only have the fire/hot area left. But I keep burning up. Is there an easy way to get some fire resist clothes?
I just ran directly to the town using food to stay alive. Once there you can buy flame resist armor. I'm pretty sure flame resist is different than heat resist, as the armor you get from the Gorons doesn't reduce your heat bar and you will still get heat exhaustion in places like Gerudo

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Someone at a stable on the path to death mountain will sell you three flame proof elixirs that are more than enough to get you to Goron City and buy the armor.

• 1Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Gilligan's island...
"

There is a stable near by the entrance to death mountain that you can get some potions that prevent burning.

Edit - didn't see they already said something about this!

Chris

Potato del Grande
I didn't realise till the end that stables have quests and useful shit, roads also have events and telegraphing of what to do.

I just climbed mountains all the way!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah thanks everyone. I ended up getting what I needed to get for armor. Now I have to figure out
How to get the guy out of his cave in

And then it will be off to complete the final dungeon before going after Ganon.

Siliconemelons

Ut - spoiler for answer
Its the cannons bro, they say not to use them, only the boss knows how...guess gorons are stupid... summon a round bomb and drop it in the cannon inlet and then detonate and it shoots a big cannon ball - smack the switch to move it- there is one that is kinda off on the side--- and neither of the positions from the switch will hit the place the moron is stuck - you have to detonate your bomb to shoot while its moving

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Haven't played this and I'm sure it's been discussed. I don't have the WiiU nor the Switch -- which one of these is better for this game?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean unless you literally never plan to play anything other than this Zelda release, get the Switch. The WiiU has hacked full game access I guess but it really is a shitty console, while at least the Switch is a decent handheld on top of being a shitty console.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, just get the Switch. As long as you have a decent TV it'll look better, and while it still can't maintain a solid 30fps while docked (those low-resolution circa 2009 cartoon graphics sure are demanding) it's much less of a stutter-fest than the Wii U is. Also, the portable mode is actually surprisingly viable and fun.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I went ahead and beat it. I don't think this is a spoiler to say, but Hyrule Castle is SUPER disappointing after the shrines and divine beast dungeons. The ending cutscenes are ok. The boss battle was easier than I expected, imo a couple of the divine beast fights were actually harder than that. But I chalk that up to gear/experience with the mechanics. I just can't get over how disappointing it is to go from one of the divine beast dungeons, which i felt could have been better but were pretty decent dungeons, to Hyrule Castle.

I'm not sure how I feel about the game right now. Amazing, of course. But the dungeon thing does bother me more now. it's hard to be too shitty about that given the breadth of the open world content, but I did expect more from the dungeons. Definitely not going to 100% it, those korok seeds can get fucked.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well generally one of the problems with legitimately open worlds is that the pacing is either hamfisted (the NPC doesn't know you've taken 8 years in game to get there and still says thank you for arriving just in time) or the story is tailored so that it doesn't exist on purpose - either way no urgency. Then you add a variable 'power' level for everything and it's sure to be a wildly different experience for different types of players. Very few games do it exceptionally well, its just you either have to live with it or not play that genre. TBH it's why I don't usually care for most of the genre despite everyone ranting and raving over Elder Scrolls titles it always felt stupid that I could just you know, not go to the evil place yet and go steal 100% of anything not nailed down and fleece the entire game world out of their supply of currency.