The LEGO thread - or how to step on bricks in the dark

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Did you get some light kits for your boatymcboatface, Vanessa Vanessa ? Looks good on my lego helmets and thanos gauntlet.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Did you get some light kits for your boatymcboatface, Vanessa Vanessa ? Looks good on my lego helmets and thanos gauntlet.
Negative. Already groaning at the idea of wiring the infinity gauntlet which is 20 times smaller, but... well look:

appropriate.jpg

Is this a neat idea? Yeah. Is it really cool looking? Sorta, but... not really. Something looks off about it. Too many portholes not accounted for in the lighting as well as other main structures like the bridge, the upper deck salon rooms; and then too much emphasis on the lighting near the funnels, the top of the funnels (smoke doesn't glow) and the marconi cable running the entire gamut of the ship looks like a 3rd tier Mexican restaurant patio... idk, it just looks cheesy & chaotic versus a smooth, well thought out lighting arrangement.

Hard pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
SHE HIT A BERG!!!

20220316_052949.jpg

^ The space where the Titanic was.

lego down.jpg

^ What I woke up to one morning at like... 5am last week. It sounded like glass breaking and in fact this is what I thought had happened upon being awakened... Dittles (my cat) knocking over a Lenox vase or something.

No clue what actually happened (other than me installing the shelf not as strong as I'd thought at first).

8 hours later, and she's fine. It literally gave me a migraine rebuilding this; I had to down 800mg Ibuprofen & a BC powder to fix this.

I used larger spirals this time going into the drywall.

20220319_152949.jpg

She's purdy.... and now sturdy!

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
man I've had my Slave I bits in a shoebox for like a year since I knocked it over, making me feel bad

Fadaar

That guy
It’s probably missing one crucial piece and you don’t even know.

i actually do know Boba's helmet is missing the targeting antenna thingy, couldn't find that fucker. probably buried in the carpet somewhere.

ya know i actually DO need a few of these to fix another set that broke when i moved:

edit: ok im retarded and cant figure out how to add a quote after the fact, don't usually have this issue

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There was an incident many years ago where my ultimate collectors edition Tie Interceptor and ultimate collectors edition X-wing got smashed into a lot of pieces. I just threw them all in a box and put them under my bed. I lost the manuals in the flood in 2010.

What if... what if I built a Gundam-style mech out of putting the pieces together? How many nerds would die of nerdrage if they saw pictures of such an abomination?

• 1Rustled

Izo

Tranny Chaser
There was an incident many years ago where my ultimate collectors edition Tie Interceptor and ultimate collectors edition X-wing got smashed into a lot of pieces. I just threw them all in a box and put them under my bed. I lost the manuals in the flood in 2010.

What if... what if I built a Gundam-style mech out of putting the pieces together? How many nerds would die of nerdrage if they saw pictures of such an abomination?
Mark Margolis Rage GIF by Breaking Bad

Get your build on, Mist Mist :)

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
SHE HIT A BERG!!!

View attachment 404090

^ The space where the Titanic was.

View attachment 404091

^ What I woke up to one morning at like... 5am last week. It sounded like glass breaking and in fact this is what I thought had happened upon being awakened... Dittles (my cat) knocking over a Lenox vase or something.

No clue what actually happened (other than me installing the shelf not as strong as I'd thought at first).

8 hours later, and she's fine. It literally gave me a migraine rebuilding this; I had to down 800mg Ibuprofen & a BC powder to fix this.

I used larger spirals this time going into the drywall.

View attachment 404121

She's purdy.... and now sturdy!

I love your painting. You should get this to hang below it:

Sea-Is-For-Cookie.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
How dare you make fun of the Great Wave Off Kanagawa?

How dare you...

Thread update... my order for the Delorean is in and it just got shipped today! Don't plan to keep it... just build it, keep it around for a couple weeks, then sell it on Ebay. It simply looked amazing to build. (and now it's out of stock like I thought it would be... it'd be hella ironic if I build it, enjoy it, and actually make a profit off of it due to 0 availability. These sets tend to go IMMEDIATELY up in price due to demand)

yeppers.jpg

-edit- ...and the reason I'm not keeping it is because I have shit that I can't even display due to virtually 0 shelf-space anymore. I have tons of shit. Legos are amazing and it's just an endless string of cool set after cool set if I keep the sets.

...but... I say that then will probably freak out when the 2022 90th anniversary castle set is released and I wind up contradicting myself. Rumor is... it's an incredible set.

Last edited:

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Someone else asked about my shrine to Mad Max on another forum so this pic was handy again. The Interceptor is part of the centerpiece on my mantel.

The plans exist to build this with real Legos, but I got them through a site that sells it with bootleg parts.

145366914_239260281106606_7054267181500451895_n.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
^ I like your setup but how the HELL can you not have the Coma-Doof Warrior funko up there? He was the most epic character in the movie (at least from an over-the-top aesthetic perspective)

Anyway... just got my Delorean delivered and on a whim, looked at sold products on Ebay.

yjtyje.jpg

It seems like someone could make a living just setting up a network of multiple accounts / fake properties and literally make a living buying LEGOs and reselling them via EBAY. You'd have to have a sense of which sets will be really popular, but that's not too hard.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
^ I like your setup but how the HELL can you not have the Coma-Doof Warrior funko up there? He was the most epic character in the movie (at least from an over-the-top aesthetic perspective)
Excellent point. Will be remedied.

Now I want the Doof Wagon in Lego, but can't find the site that had them (there were several of the Mad Max vehicles available at the time). I might have to settle for the War Rig instead.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Now I want the Doof Wagon in Lego
Well LEGO never had the IP for Mad Max (for obv reasons) so you'd have to be creative but this would be the thread to share your updates! I'd love to see them! But you could do it. That's the beauty of LEGO... it can be anything you can imagine as long as you have the $, resources, creativity, and time.

Hell, a millionaire with hella creativity could create a mindboggling mini-scale version of Norrath and share the pics/look with us. It's endless. That's the joy of LEGO. It's whatever your pockets allow mixed with whatever your creativity itches you with.

Good luck Warr Warr !

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The carpet. LEGOs. The recent prison contact. My compromised identity as a fed on this site... it all makes sense...

htst.jpg

ggrg.jpg

Someone call Liz Cheney and Adam Kizinger... we found the mole.

• 1Worf

Brad2770

Anyway... just got my Delorean delivered and on a whim, looked at sold products on Ebay.

View attachment 406951

It seems like someone could make a living just setting up a network of multiple accounts / fake properties and literally make a living buying LEGOs and reselling them via EBAY. You'd have to have a sense of which sets will be really popular, but that's not too hard.

I used to do this with Japanese die cast Transforners in the early 2000’s. Usually got two to three times what I paid for them.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I used to do this with Japanese die cast Transforners in the early 2000’s. Usually got two to three times what I paid for them.
Nerd version of scalping tickets!

Oh, and post relevant... this was an absolutely righteous set:

812UGQfhRjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users