The LEGO thread - or how to step on bricks in the dark

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I also collect Monster High Dolls (wheel in the fag reacts! Love it) and the one's they're still releasing are the same thing... new ones are instantly sold out and instantly double the price. Weird.

It's fascinating that merely buying and selling via Ebay can be a legitimate job. More power to the people who do this and take it seriously and get into it. Capitalism baby!

I'll upload a pic or two of this Delorean in a typical Vanessa fashion soon enough... time to get building ^_^

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Nerd version of scalping tickets!

Oh, and post relevant... this was an absolutely righteous set:

View attachment 406994

Missed getting this one before it was discontinued, but thankfully found one new off eBay. Such a fun build, but sadly I didn't have any room to display it so I ended up selling it right before this thread started. Really wished I'd checked here first to see if someone wanted it.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This is the most complex set I've built. It's absolutely batshit how Lego has evolved since I was a kid, but I love it... I relish it. It feels like I'm actually building a fucking clock instead of a 80's movie car at the moment. I know what I'm building... the smooth mechanism which makes the wheels go into fly mode on the car, but unless you knew that ahead of time, you'd just be building a clock as far as you knew. God bless Lego designers~

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Alright, all done with the Delorean... pictures of the set won't do justice to the build... this is truly the next level type of build that needs to be handled and manipulated to appreciate it as fluently as it can be. That sounds odd but I'm telling you... these type of Lego sets are NOT what we built as kids LoL... nowhere fucking close. I'll try to be terse as there's a bevy of content for this set on YouTube of course.

While (as I said above) pictures don't do the build justice, one pic with a description might:

277898195_403296771142603_7221664795953282380_n (1).jpg

The functionality of this car is off the fucking wall. It is tight (i.e. in no way does it feel like it's just going to come apart when you pick it up; it's chunky feeling), and as you can see in the pic, I opened up the hood to then open up the case of plutonium, all the while the glow of the flux capacitor is shining it's amber hue on the time circuits which are ingeniously dovetailed just like the movie car.

Then, you just pull a red handle on the bottom of the car which is completely out of sight, and all 4 tires simultaneously flip down into flying mode. Gull wing doors fully functional and tight as a tick.

A+++++++++++ set. I was going to sell this but now? ROFL... hell no. This is incredible.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Alright, all done with the Delorean... pictures of the set won't do justice to the build... this is truly the next level type of build that needs to be handled and manipulated to appreciate it as fluently as it can be. That sounds odd but I'm telling you... these type of Lego sets are NOT what we built as kids LoL... nowhere fucking close. I'll try to be terse as there's a bevy of content for this set on YouTube of course.

While (as I said above) pictures don't do the build justice, one pic with a description might:

View attachment 407103

The functionality of this car is off the fucking wall. It is tight (i.e. in no way does it feel like it's just going to come apart when you pick it up; it's chunky feeling), and as you can see in the pic, I opened up the hood to then open up the case of plutonium, all the while the glow of the flux capacitor is shining it's amber hue on the time circuits which are ingeniously dovetailed just like the movie car.

Then, you just pull a red handle on the bottom of the car which is completely out of sight, and all 4 tires simultaneously flip down into flying mode. Gull wing doors fully functional and tight as a tick.

A+++++++++++ set. I was going to sell this but now? ROFL... hell no. This is incredible.
Hmm I usually only do the technic sets but I may have to try and find one of these. I still have 3 still in the box to do though. This being old and responsible shit keeps getting in the way of my fun!

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Mad Max "bricks" can be found here.
Mad Max Collection
Just instructions though.

I finally found the right combination of search terms if you want the (knockoff) bricks to build them.

Notes based on my experience with the Interceptor:
- Although it comes with technical pieces like motors, don't expect them to be high quality or even work
- You will get a PDF of the plans, but there may be some slight variations from the originals.
- Overall, as a display piece, you won't be able to tell the difference from authentic bricks (some of the plans use rare or hard to find pieces which will run up the cost)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just in case you guys didn't know about it, there is a LEGO show hosted by Will Arnett.

My wife and kids love the show. I watched season one with them but I found other things to do during their viewing of season 2.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Any suggestions on ways to sell other than ebay?

Wife has London Bridge, imperial admiral whatever flagship from pirates carribean, 2 older pirate ships, and trying to get her to ditch the older small titanic.
Mine i expect worth not much, but a big tie interceptor, a wing and i think a snowspeeder. Even without sun i learned those dang stickers curl and peel over time on the a wing.

Both to free up a lot of moving room, but also helping with the high moving costs.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
BrickLink. Can buy or sell anything on there. Most of the custom MOCs you see out there have links to the entire bill of materials that you can purchase from any number of sellers. It's pretty amazing, but also not surprising how deep Lego nerds go.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BrickLink. Can buy or sell anything on there. Most of the custom MOCs you see out there have links to the entire bill of materials that you can purchase from any number of sellers. It's pretty amazing, but also not surprising how deep Lego nerds go.
Gay. Looks like I gotta buy and be active some before I can even sell on there.

Anyone interested in these, like $180 for Queen Anne's Revenge, The black pearl $220, Imperial Flagship $400, and Tower Bridge 10214-1 $80 Wife dumped the bridge after cleaning it so no pics. Complete minus one chimney tip and one other tiny piece.
20220424_174328.jpg
20220424_175503.jpg
20220424_174226.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The sails on that last one look so cool; that's a very fair price. Someone scoop this up!

I wasn't a fan myself of the POTC franchise, but I saw the first one and bits and pieces of all the sequels; they're great films. I'm sure your wife is keeping up with the trial? I think Johnny (while a bit crazy himself) is crushing it. Flawed, as we all are, but seems like such a cool guy.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

This looks soooo impressive; absolutely getting this upon release (The timing of this release right around Moon Knight's popularity is... coincidence?).

Getting the Orchids today by mail; Only cost me $10 due to VIP savings perks.

Just built the Mustang below v

10265_alt10.jpg

It's just like the DeLorean... exact same size, meaty, very stable, super-tight door function, working steering, and absolutely fantastic engine detail.

10265-LEGO-Creator-Expert-Ford-Mustang-Review-39-1024x683.jpg

...with an alternate, "souped-up" drag-racing engine option to put on if you so desire (along with spoiler and side exhausts... lights not included, it just looks so damn cool):

be5a0ea6-dadb-498c-9a98-9a7cb67d60fc.17b4805cb77e1242569f2e49dcbff972.jpeg

A+++ model / fun for the price. Can't keep repeating myself enough: Legos today are simply on a whole 'nutha level of complexity and detail. Get some and start building, guys~

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1652718680803.jpeg

Awesome architecture model, V. I got the orchids for Mrs. Izo too, well, in the mail, 2-3 days. Speaking of vechicles, getting this day one - AUTOBOTS, TRANSFOR AND ROLL OUT!:

• 1Like