The Lord of the Rings

Goatface

isn't khazad-dum to lindon like weeks of walking? that elrond/durin storyline has to have covered 6+ months now, while seems like the numenor and southland have covered couple weeks.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
isn't khazad-dum to lindon like weeks of walking? that elrond/durin storyline has to have covered 6+ months now, while seems like the numenor and southland have covered couple weeks.
The writers/producers are going to say that they implied time passing on Gladelfreals timeline by showing troops getting trained and totally_not_Aragon making a sword. That sword surely took a month to make!

They also showed a map montage of the riverfolk/hobbitz that actually gave the impression of weeks/months of time passing; so it's not like they are unaware of how to properly do it...unless that was an unintended consequence of just trying to show distance traveled.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
With the state of the Elves and Morfydd's take on a protagonist it's hard to give a fuck.

Botching Sauron will snuff out the Hobbit movies before they are even done being conceptualized. The Rings of Power showrunners are playing with a billion dollars worth of fire here.

Caliane

Wtf are you talking about?
M&M is probably the Mouth of Sauron.

Sauron is a shapeshifter, so could be.. but 99% sure Halbrand is Sauron, and Girl-glad helping him out is supposed to be her big comeuppance with all this girl boss energy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The thread itself has moved to misdirection after this past episode. This doesn't bode well.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was pretty sure he was referring to the elf looking leader of the orcs?
Budget Slim Shady investigating Sky Hobo here is one of the mystery box Saurons (or his agents):
2022-09-24 16.01.23 www.amazon.com 49cbaa20f81f.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
M&M is probably the Mouth of Sauron.

Sauron is a shapeshifter, so could be.. but 99% sure Halbrand is Sauron, and Girl-glad helping him out is supposed to be her big comeuppance with all this girl boss energy.
Small chance Halbrand is Sauron imo. I was thinking more like Witch King maybe. Doesn't really make sense on multiple levels for Halbrand to be Sauron. Him saving Galadriel...and her not being able to sense him. The only thing that makes me think maybe is that he appears to be an expert smith.

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sauron is in disguise as an elf called Annatar, who helps Celebrimbor forge the rings. He is none of these mystery boxes.

Halbrand is a ring wraith and probably the Witch King for sure though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
The mystery box stuff isn't even one of the bad aspects of the show. They are turning less than 10 pages of source text into five seasons of teevee, and anyone who watched LoTR already knows rings of power get made, Sauron makes the ruling ring, and then loses it (along with some fingers). It's a good call to keep certain things nebulous and mysterious.

Of course, they'll almost certainly go JJ Abrams and the payoffs will be shit, but to this point it's fine.

Goatface

1664055508265.png
1664055475788.png

don't know if spoiler, but they are from Rhûn

supposedly this is the actor playing Sauron/Annatar, if so, he has not shown up yet
1664055841214.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sauron is in disguise as an elf called Annatar, who helps Celebrimbor forge the rings. He is none of these mystery boxes.

Halbrand is a ring wraith and probably the Witch King for sure though.
Now that I think about it, is Annatar even in the appendices? I assume so but don't wanna go dig up my copy.