The Lord of the Rings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really want to grab his book before it gets yanked from stores but not badly enough to shell out 15 bucks for it lmao

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I really want to grab his book before it gets yanked from stores but not badly enough to shell out 15 bucks for it lmao
Curious as well, considering his book is set after the original trilogy. Not curious enough to pay for it either. Look at this lame shit from his book's description:

"Thus begins the War Of The Rings To End All Wars Of The Rings. "

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Curious as well, considering his book is set after the original trilogy. Not curious enough to pay for it either. Look at this lame shit from his book's description:

"Thus begins the War Of The Rings To End All Wars Of The Rings. "
I also have questions about how he was able to publish it in the first place. I assume there is some sort of automated submission system for e-books but does it not get subjected to scans for profanity/obscenity/plagiarism? The book has been purchasable for over 6 months and didn't flag any kind of attention before now?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So this shit is this bad and yet the writers had to steal his work because they were not able to create something that could rise to even this level of bad. Diversity hiring in the writer's room is doing well.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So this shit is this bad and yet the writers had to steal his work because they were not able to create something that could rise to even this level of bad. Diversity hiring in the writer's room is doing well.

The showrunners have no credits. I'd guess the writers about the same.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm not sure how suing them for a quarter billion dollars would be incentive for him to lie about anything.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My new alternate theory (which can probably be immediately discarded on the grounds that it requires the guy not be retarded) is that it's just an elaborate plot to permanently embed himself into the LotR mythos, like the urban legend about some chick getting a large settlement from the Wachowskis for plagiarizing the original Matrix script.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Imagine spending 500M on a season of a show and it being so shit only 37% of people can be bothered to finish it.

Don't hire diversity show runners and don't make your dumb fuck kid a producer. Lessons still to be learned I guess.
Jokes on them, I didn’t even start it

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the thread here was pretty lively during that season. i guess it wasnt too bad if you discerning gentlemen were impressed by it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I can confirm I'm looking forward to the new season of the Witcher and I will watch S2 of ROP. I'm not sure how you can lump those two together though, Witcher is 1000% better than ROP.
I haven't seen wheel of time or dungeons and dragons.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
new shows are shitty, you guys still love them.
Of the ones mentioned ..Wheel of Time was the atrocity. Dungeons and Dragons and Witcher were both worth a watch. I got halfway through Wheel of Time and just stopped. It was awful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only reason anyone is shitting on the Witcher now is because of the recasting. Lets stop pretending season 1 and 2 werent good.