The Lord of the Rings

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
If Sauron is evil then Ar-Pharazon is evil too though? Both want to gain dominion over everyone. Both worship morgoth. Ar-Pharazon forcefully married his own cousin against her will so he could become king. Burned alive anyone who challenged why he was worshipping morgoth. The guy was dumb enough to cut down and burn the tree which was prophesised to be the end of his own family line if it was ever destroyed - and what do you know, the prophesy was right.
I'm actually amazed if they really make such a tyrannical evil maniac black, that is pretty based.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There does not appear to be one masculine hero type in this entire premise.

I know what's been happening over the last few years, but this really does feel like it's an attack on being a man at this point.

I hope this fails... hard.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
There does not appear to be one masculine hero type in this entire premise.

I know what's been happening over the last few years, but this really does feel like it's an attack on being a man at this point.

I hope this fails... hard.
Bro Sauron is our dude. He’s gonna own all these hobos.

Juvarisx

Florida
I mean it looks okay, its weird seeing epic Tolkien landscapes without Howard Score music, they really need to fix that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feien

Ploppers
I mean it looks okay, its weird seeing epic Tolkien landscapes without Howard Score music, they really need to fix that.
The very beginning of the trailer sounded a lot like Rivendell's theme. And I'm too lazy to google, but I believe Howard Shore will be working on the score for this.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Trailer looks really good and I'm definitely gonna watch, why not can see in 4K Dolby Vision at home but yeah after Wheel of Time I'm fully expecting to be fully disappointed with poor actors chosen only for their skin color doing a shit job with shit dialogue and ultimately being disappointed in a show that tries to inject modern day politics into a fantasy setting.

Since I've never read the Silmarillion and know absolutely nothing about the lord of the rings universe other than the Jackson movies I don't really feel I have any expectations going in either, which is nice.

how much rappin will there be in the Rings of Power

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This series is going to do just fine, if not exceptionally well, regardless of how much they butcher the source material. 160+ million subscribers to Prime already, and everyones already fiending for just new content after the content that lock down provided (or lack thereof). So even if the general consensus is that the show sucks, people are still going to watch the dumpster fire. I mean if you think about it, the last two years has had some real awful shit come out, so its hard to blame people for letting shit slide.

These trailers are just annoying me so far with how much they make Hobbits/Harfoots into trailer trash. This mixed bag of black, white, asian people, with just dirty ass looks and tendencies is ridiculous.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
The very beginning of the trailer sounded a lot like Rivendell's theme. And I'm too lazy to google, but I believe Howard Shore will be working on the score for this.

Yup you are right, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise on the music then. I'll watch it till it sucks, there's a lot of concepts they are touching on that interest me, Numenor most of all. As for the race stuff, if anyone expects big shows to not do this anymore they are fooling themselves and a black hobbit is not going to make or break a show of this scale anyways. Plus you can get a chuckle that all of the minority representation died at the siege Barad-dur.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This series is going to do just fine, if not exceptionally well, regardless of how much they butcher the source material. 160+ million subscribers to Prime already, and everyones already fiending for just new content after the content that lock down provided (or lack thereof). So even if the general consensus is that the show sucks, people are still going to watch the dumpster fire. I mean if you think about it, the last two years has had some real awful shit come out, so its hard to blame people for letting shit slide.

These trailers are just annoying me so far with how much they make Hobbits/Harfoots into trailer trash. This mixed bag of black, white, asian people, with just dirty ass looks and tendencies is ridiculous.
the word you're looking for is equity. uplifting less fortunate people while bringing down more fortunate. equity.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I thought trailer looked good, like great production values, enough to warrant me giving it a chance. After WoT I have serious doubt, but not going to judge it before without watching an episode or two.

spronk

FPS noob
so was there some genocidal event where Hobbit Hitler murdered all the other color hobbits so by the time Lord of the Rings comes around there are only white hobbits

same question, elves

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so was there some genocidal event where Hobbit Hitler murdered all the other color hobbits so by the time Lord of the Rings comes around there are only white hobbits

same question, elves
And dwarves...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

same question, elves
Sauron only killed jig hobbits and nog elves, because racist.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its sad. By inclusion they are essentially saying that Sauron killed off all of the black versions of the races and it took the white versions to beat him.

Fucking idiots and the need to be inclusive above all else.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its sad. By inclusion they are essentially saying that Sauron killed off all of the black versions of the races and it took the white versions to beat him.

Fucking idiots and the need to be inclusive above all else.
C310492A-8215-4AFA-8891-B0CCEA5AF539.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users