The Lord of the Rings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kate from Lost the elf was fine, not her fault they showhorned in a dumb romance - they promised her they wouldn't have a dumb romance at the start even.

The real bad character from The Hobbit was that Laketown comedy relief guy.
Gotta shove in lots of pointless filler when you're stretching a relatively short book into three movies. There was no point in turning the Master into an inept joke of a villain either except to stretch out the runtime farther.

Or the best lol .

no

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
PS-- I had a massive network outage thanks to Xfinity. So, I watched good old fashioned over-the-air TV. You know what you can watch over the airways without cable or subscriptions? Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You know what? I watched the episode that introduced Angel to the franchise. Gee-zus Key-rist was Joss Whedon smart. Dialogue, conflict, character development, charisma, pacing, and risk. I can see in that one episode a great singular story with a dozen seedling tenets that would take months and years to develop because he is (was) a brilliant story teller and writer.

That's just not present (yet). And having re-watched the last episode I have a feeling I am going to have to eat a lot of crow when the show continues on it's current path of aimlessness.

I suppose it is possible to take a lithographic plate of MC Escher's and hand it over to an 8-year old with a screwdriver. And, like the thought experiment with monkeys and typewriters, it may be possible for a greater work of art to come from nothingness like in the tiniest spaces of the quantum world.

But yeah-- the show is suffering from lack of writing. It oozes visual creativity frequently (even if, even in many of these instances, it lacks originality). But how hard is it to hire a talented WRITER?!? Joss, my hat's off to you for doing more hard work creating Buffy than a billion dollar crew has yet to achieve.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Dwarves….I thought they were on par with elves for lifespan or at least closer to elves vs humans. Can a bro clarify for us pls ?

Maybe their diet of beer and sausage cuts em short?

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah, they are about the same as vaxxed Numenorians who died from the sudden death syndrome (~200 years).

• 2Worf

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Elves are immortal (unless killed).

Dwarves are just long-lived, probably 200-300 years for the older ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
ROP_Recap.jpg

Last edited:
  • 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Soapy bullshit, teenage Galadriel and mysteries. I hope they disrespect the lore enough to just let the orcs win. This and the hobbit I just root for them, because they are the least annoying and have a clear cut goal, they work towards.

In LotR there were no mysteries and soapy crap. Conflict arised from understandable motivations. Sauruman out of fear, Boromir to protect Gondor, Frodo and Gollum under the influence of the ring. Not because someone failed his math test or didn't visit his friend for a few years. This story is as epic as a school play at times.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
PS-- I had a massive network outage thanks to Xfinity. So, I watched good old fashioned over-the-air TV. You know what you can watch over the airways without cable or subscriptions? Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You know what? I watched the episode that introduced Angel to the franchise. Gee-zus Key-rist was Joss Whedon smart. Dialogue, conflict, character development, charisma, pacing, and risk. I can see in that one episode a great singular story with a dozen seedling tenets that would take months and years to develop because he is (was) a brilliant story teller and writer.

That's just not present (yet). And having re-watched the last episode I have a feeling I am going to have to eat a lot of crow when the show continues on it's current path of aimlessness.

I suppose it is possible to take a lithographic plate of MC Escher's and hand it over to an 8-year old with a screwdriver. And, like the thought experiment with monkeys and typewriters, it may be possible for a greater work of art to come from nothingness like in the tiniest spaces of the quantum world.

But yeah-- the show is suffering from lack of writing. It oozes visual creativity frequently (even if, even in many of these instances, it lacks originality). But how hard is it to hire a talented WRITER?!? Joss, my hat's off to you for doing more hard work creating Buffy than a billion dollar crew has yet to achieve.
But Joss is mean to people so we must call him bad things now....

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Amazon dun goofed. instead of stealthy removing some bad reviews. they decided to purge ALL of them at once. only good reviews count.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but look how much better the show is now. Four stars out of five! I might even watch it now.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah but look how much better the show is now. Four stars out of five! I might even watch it now.
you know thats what these morons are thinking. "the show has terrible ratings , not because it sucks, but because of bad reviews. delete the bad reviews!"

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
They way they pronounce Lieutenant triggers me (LeftTenant) . Show is still kinda boring for the budget I was hoping for better writing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They way they pronounce Lieutenant triggers me (LeftTenant) . Show is still kinda boring for the budget I was hoping for better writing.
That's the British way of saying it. Even some Canadians say it that way. It is wrong though.