The Lord of the Rings

Quaid

Trump's Staff
lol they dropped a commercial in this thing - a forced viewing of a trailer for another Prime show

edit: wait…. Maybe some weird shit just happened to my stream and it skipped to the end of the episode.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
First 30 minutes of this season finale are fucking delivering

• 1Seriously?

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I THINK the wizards came separately, otherwise gandalf probably would have told cirdan to give the ring to saruman since he was the head of the istari. Cirdan gave his ring to gandalf because he instantly recognized gandalf as a maiar (or at the very least, recognized him as someone of comparable power and strength to withstand sauron.) If they were all together he probably would have recognized saruman as their leader as well (despite gandalf's maiar form being stronger than saruman's).

I don't know if the blue wizards would work as acceleration it's specifically because they knew they WERE the valar's way of interfering with sauron. Last time they personally showed up they sank a bunch of continents.

BUT it's definitely better than what we're getting so...

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
awesome season finale. They knew what they were doing the whole time.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So the forging of the elven rings was kinda bunk? Like wasn’t Sauron supposed to teach the elves about ringcraft and all sorts of magic as Anatar? But instead he like shows up for like 30 seconds and gives a small suggestion then bounces?

other than that episode was ok. The harfoot goodbye was way too drawn out and wasn’t earned. Like I literally didn’t care about them and they tried to play it super dramatic when secretly I was happy we wouldn’t have to see them all outside the 1 girl again.

i assume the old dude is def Gandalf at this point or Saruman which I think would be a cooler reveal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So the forging of the elven rings was kinda bunk? Like wasn’t Sauron supposed to teach the elves about ringcraft and all sorts of magic as Anatar? But instead he like shows up for like 30 seconds and gives a small suggestion then bounces?
They don't have the rights to use Annatar.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a joke
It's such profound stupidity to try and make a show about the second age without all the rights to the major events of that time period, including the major event that your show is fucking named after.

"“There’s a version of everything we need for the Second Age in the books we have the rights to. As long as we’re painting within those lines and not egregiously contradicting something we don’t have the rights to, there’s a lot of leeway and room to dramatize and tell some of the best stories that [Tolkien] ever came up with.”"

lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's such profound stupidity to try and make a show about the second age without all the rights to the major events of that time period, including the major event that your show is fucking named after.

"“There’s a version of everything we need for the Second Age in the books we have the rights to. As long as we’re painting within those lines and not egregiously contradicting something we don’t have the rights to, there’s a lot of leeway and room to dramatize and tell some of the best stories that [Tolkien] ever came up with.”"

lol
Lol "best stories" when Second Age is basically just filler to have some establishing backstory and time pass between 1st and 3rd Ages where he was writing all the real stories.

Oldbased

> Than U
The episode itself wasn't terrible and I thank them for tying in 50 plot lines with answers we already knew, but it doesn't change the fact we sat in 7 lands of shit to get to it to have a whole episode of epic reveals we already knew.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I mean some awesome stuff happens in the 2nd age. Last alliance of elves and men, rise and fall of numenor, founding of Gondor, and... You know... The rings being made... Shame it seems that they didn't actually pick up the rights for ANY of that...

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
not a Tolkien nerd but yeah, the whole epic forging of the rings doesn't sync with what a casual viewer learned from LOTR.

Galadriel knew he was Sauron but went ahead with their creation anyway? Do they have the rights to him making the rings for the other races?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

lol

Disgusted

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Daniel Weyman got 20x more dialogue in this episode than he had in the previous 7 combined. The motivation for Galadriel seemed a bit off, but she seemed to be trying to link to a greater good and the whole astral dream sequence ties in nicely with her chat with Frodo a few thousand years later. Sort of a 'well we can't do shit if we are all dead...so I guess we try and make the best of it...'

Personally I think it would have made a ton more sense to have no idea and to craft a story where the elves naively accept the assistance and lord knows they hamfisted the whole 'gift giver' business but at least they got the rings into the hands of the people they needed to.

Not quite sure how they are gonna tackle the dwarf lords. I'm guessing preying on Durin's whole daddy issues schtick?

As master of deception Charlie Vickers is doing a good job. Try Googling the man's height (since he's supposed to be "greater than any of the race of Numenor in stature") and you get anything between 5'10" and 6'2". They did make him look tall in all the Numenor scenes, however, so that tracks at least.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
This is the part where I go back and watch it all again undisturbed to take it all in and catch the things I missed.
I did it with Wheel of Time even, 1883 several times ( best part of that for me was all the life lessons spoken by Elsa ), GoT and more.
I didn't hate this show but I have no interest in sitting through 8-9 hours of it again, especially since they would focus on some relationships hard an episode then barely show it again or just move on. Starting to think the producers got into my opiate pills.

• 1Tiresome

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider

lol
Only $250M for ~10 pages of text. What a bargain!

B9tB.gif

• 1Worf