The Magnificent Seven (2016)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Magnificent Seven

Tagline: Justice has a number.

Genre: Adventure, Action, Western

Director: Antoine Fuqua

Cast: Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio, Lee Byung-hun, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Martin Sensmeier, Peter Sarsgaard, Haley Bennett, Matt Bomer, Luke Grimes, Jonathan Joss, Cam Gigandet, Sean Bridgers, Dylan Kenin, Kevin Wayne, Carrie Lazar, David Kallaway, Alix Angelis, Billy Slaughter, Vic Browder, Emil Beheshti, Mark Ashworth, Dodge Prince, Matthew Posey, Jody Mullins, Clint James, Dane Rhodes, Ritchie Montgomery, William Lee Scott, Griff Furst, Sean Boyd, Walker Babington, Thomas Blake Jr., Rob Mello, Chad Randall, Wally Welch, Ed Lowry, David Manzanares, Kevin Wiggins, Jackson Beals, David Miller, Emily LaGroue, Shona Gastian, Mary Peyton Stewart, Vinnie Jones

Release: 2016-09-14

Runtime: 132

Plot: Seven gun men in the old west gradually come together to help a poor village against savage thieves.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 93049[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Magnificent Seven (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Western[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Antoine Fuqua[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Denzel Washington[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Pratt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ethan Hawke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vincent D'Onofrio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Byung-hun[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Manuel Garcia-Rulfo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Martin Sensmeier[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Sarsgaard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Haley Bennett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Bomer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luke Grimes[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonathan Joss[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cam Gigandet[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Bridgers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dylan Kenin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Wayne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Lazar[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Kallaway[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vinnie Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alix Angelis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billy Slaughter[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-09-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]132[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A big screen remake of John Sturges' classic western The Magnificent Seven, itself a remake of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. Seven gun men in the old west gradually come together to help a poor village against savage thieves.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

I did not see a previous topic on this (If I missed, please merge)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
z6BP8yLwck8mN9dtdYKkZ4XGa3D.jpg

Title: The Magnificent Seven

Genre: Adventure, Action, Western

Director: Antoine Fuqua

Cast: Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio, Lee Byung-hun, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Martin Sensmeier, Peter Sarsgaard, Haley Bennett, Matt Bomer, Luke Grimes, Jonathan Joss, Cam Gigandet, Sean Bridgers, Dylan Kenin, Kevin Wayne, Carrie Lazar, David Kallaway, Alix Angelis, Billy Slaughter, Vic Browder, Emil Beheshti, Mark Ashworth, Dodge Prince, Matthew Posey, Jody Mullins, Clint James, Dane Rhodes, Ritchie Montgomery, William Lee Scott, Griff Furst, Sean Boyd, Walker Babington, Thomas Blake Jr., Rob Mello, Chad Randall, Wally Welch, Ed Lowry, David Manzanares, Kevin Wiggins, Jackson Beals, David Miller, Emily LaGroue, Shona Gastian, Mary Peyton Stewart, Vinnie Jones

Release: 2016-09-14

Runtime: 132

Plot: Seven gun men in the old west gradually come together to help a poor village against savage thieves.

View attachment 93049

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That just seemed like a shitty trailer, but I'll see it for the cast and because it's a western...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Damn I really want to see this movie. Trailer was ok for me, but yeah the cast really does it. Among all the other awesome actors that I won't bother lauding, I'm so glad to see D'Onofrio in more stuff again that isn't Criminal Minds or whatever he was in. He's been in a lot of awesome rolls (FMJ, Adventures in Babysitting, MiB, DD just to name a few) that it annoyed me seeing him do TV that I never cared to watch for so long.

I've also been a big fan of the chick, Haley Bennett, since I saw her in The Haunting of Molly Hartley and The Hole. She was great in Hardcore Henry recently too.

Unless a lot of other stuff is coming out around the same time, it is likely I'll go see this in the theater. I'm pretty excited to see that cast together.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of my favorite movies from childhood.

The trailer pretty much sucked. The music was awful and was completely tone deaf for the movie... but it looks like they have a great cast. Please be awesome.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm not a big fan of remakes but I love westerns. I'm excited. I hope I like it as much as the original Magnificent Seven.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really loved the original, hopefully this film can bring some of that quality to the genre. There are just so few westerns out there. The casting looks great as well.. The original cast for the Magnifecent seven:

Yul Brynneras Chris Adams
Eli Wallachas Calvera (the ugly from the good the bad an the ugly)
Steve McQueenas Vin
Horst Buchholz as Chico
Charles Bronsonas Bernardo O'Reilly
Robert Vaughnas Lee
James Coburnas Britt
Brad Dexter as Harry Luck
Vladimir Sokoloff as The Old Man

Really want this cast to live up to the original,Denzel Hawke and co have big shoes to fill. Either way I am going to see this one.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man the original is one of my favorite movies and the reason I left hundreds of knife holes in the walls of my adolescent homes trying to throw knives like James Coburn. However, that trailer looked like some corny, over the top, cartoony shit which was not what the original was like at all. Feeling skeptical.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That cast looks appropriately diverse. I think it will be unfair to compare this version to the original, but maybe it will be surprising. Maybe.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
That trailer looks pretty poor, doesn't touch on any of the themes that make the original so good. But that could be just the trailer. The cast looks good, but doesn't hold a candle to the original's cast. Plus, where's the epic theme music? The original magnificent seven theme is an all-timer.

If you're going to do remakes, this is how you do them. Go back 50, 60 years for material, then redo it slightly. Don't go back to the 80s movies that everyone knows by heart and still watches all the time.

All of that said, Seven Samurai is a superior movie.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Denzel in a revenge/defense movie? He's really breaking new ground. lol.

Cast is good enough to pull it off, but huge grain of salt.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Definitely will watch but not expecting much. You can't beat the original or it's base movie. As said by others, Ill support a western especially one with this name.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database