The Mandalorian

Cybsled

what did she do now? she hasnt even been on Mando this season and was only in a few episodes last season.

She's been posting a lot more political stuff in the Pro Trump/Voting Conspiracy/No Mask camp

Then a couple months ago, a bunch of people were trying to force her to put her pronouns or whatever in her twitter bio and she put like "beep/bop/boop" instead and triggered a bunch of people on Twitter also lol

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
what did she do now? she hasnt even been on Mando this season and was only in a few episodes last season.

She's based and redpilled. They can't have that from a strong female lead. She's an auntie tina.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She's been posting a lot more political stuff in the Pro Trump/Voting Conspiracy/No Mask camp

Then a couple months ago, a bunch of people were trying to force her to put her pronouns or whatever in her twitter bio and she put like "beep/bop/boop" instead and triggered a bunch of people on Twitter also lol
oh ok, i was following that. i thought it was some new controversy in the last few days. i dont think Disney is doing the woke thing too much now. they made Pedro Pascal delete this tweet.
pedro-pascal-fans-nazis.jpg

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think the difference between pedro and gina's tweets is that gina's tweets are objectionally unoffensive and level-headed, where as pedro's tweet was subjectionally offensive. regardless of whether you disagree with trump, 72 million people just voted for him. that's a lot of potential fans to offend.

gina's tweets aren't insulting anyone, even when she's fighting back. which makes it even more irritating for the people who decided to pick a fight with her. she has consistently taken the high road on every stance i've seen her take. i'll admit i don't follow her so i'm sure i've missed some things... but everything i've seen from her has shown her to be extremely classy

• 5Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think the difference between pedro and gina's tweets is that gina's tweets are objectionally unoffensive and level-headed, where as pedro's tweet was subjectionally offensive. regardless of whether you disagree with trump, 72 million people just voted for him. that's a lot of potential fans to offend.

gina's tweets aren't insulting anyone, even when she's fighting back. which makes it even more irritating for the people who decided to pick a fight with her. she has consistently taken the high road on every stance i've seen her take. i'll admit i don't follow her so i'm sure i've missed some things... but everything i've seen from her has shown her to be extremely classy
yeah, its the twitter mob, super woke maniacs looking to take anyone down who isnt crazy like them. i'm convinced its some sort of shared mental disease or its just spineless people pretending to play along so as not to be the target of it.

• 1Like

j00t

this isn't really the place for a discussion about it, though it's sort of on topic... but that's what you get in an echo chamber. it started out being something good-spirited, "finally, a place where we can speak our mind and people won't attack us for it." except when you have no access to alternative opinions, the moment you get exposed to an alternate opinion it can't BUT be taken as an attack.

when you wrap your entire identity up in something subjective, it becomes the gospel truth to you; it has to. people don't deal well with being wrong, most of the time, especially when being wrong means that you've been duped.

that's what the woke crowd is. in it's simplest form it's actually kind of a good thing... doing your best to be inclusive and non-judgmental. the problem is that it quickly turns EXCLUSIVE. "the right thing to do is to validate everyone's opinion, but if you don't think so then you're just wrong."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if you hate the Quartering check the first 15 secs of this. He hired a real editor and now his intros are usually hilarious.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
My reaction, too. You can't acknowledge that boobs exist? That's sexist? They didn't make it sexy, they just shaped it like a woman. If that is derogatory, I guess she's totally ashamed of the female form altogether.

Such bullshit.

The 'Boob Armor' complaint is usually that adding boobs to a chest plate creates weak points and funnels the force of blows into the center of your chest, instead of deflecting to either side. I.e. it's a shit design that is simply to look sexy, i.e. is probably sexist, in the same way that chainmail bikinis are.

This obviously isn't the case with the Mandalorian version, which has the raised centerpiece and perfectly reasonable deflection angles. It looks pretty good for something that is not smashing your tits, but also won't get you killed.

• 5Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Tell me more.

Well, at the ren fest for the past 50 years there's been a squad of girls who wear chainmail bikinis.

It's been pretty much the same girls for all 50 years. I can dig up some before and after pics if you like. But the good ones won't be SFW.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
this isn't really the place for a discussion about it, though it's sort of on topic... but that's what you get in an echo chamber. it started out being something good-spirited, "finally, a place where we can speak our mind and people won't attack us for it." except when you have no access to alternative opinions, the moment you get exposed to an alternate opinion it can't BUT be taken as an attack.

when you wrap your entire identity up in something subjective, it becomes the gospel truth to you; it has to. people don't deal well with being wrong, most of the time, especially when being wrong means that you've been duped.

that's what the woke crowd is. in it's simplest form it's actually kind of a good thing... doing your best to be inclusive and non-judgmental. the problem is that it quickly turns EXCLUSIVE. "the right thing to do is to validate everyone's opinion, but if you don't think so then you're just wrong."
Sorta like religion.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, at the ren fest for the past 50 years there's been a squad of girls who wear chainmail bikinis.

It's been pretty much the same girls for all 50 years. I can dig up some before and after pics if you like. But the good ones won't be SFW.
Maybe from the first 20 years, but you can save the pictures from the last 30 years.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean it's not like some wildly exaggerated RPG style female armor. What a weird thing to get worked up about.
She's a con artist. She heard that boob armour was bad in gaming and repeated the word, not understanding that it's a critisism of chainmail bikinis and the like.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
do people ever wash at Ren fests?

Yes. But they're basically camping for the weekend so they stay sweaty unless its cool out.

These are the hardcore people who wear armor. There's also day trip people like me. And no. I do not wash.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The armourer doesn't have feminine armour.

That said, there's such variety in appearance and a large part of that is down to personal preference. Equally, Mando is part of a splinter group within Mandalorian society so whatever.

2720a4ee-61b7-44e0-9a16-11935e5be43d-67d28b97-8b45-4538-b82a-54564cdf9176-the-mandalorian-the-armorer-emily-swallow-1576510182.jpeg

• 2Like

Maul

Dental Dammer

Classy AND thicc

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
mandalorians-with-helmets.png

black girl is the best armored girl i've seen on tv or cosplay, she moves on screen very nice

• 2Like

j00t

mandalorians-with-helmets.png

black girl is the best armored girl i've seen on tv or cosplay, she moves on screen very nice
She's a wrestler on WWE. I think she's the women's champion right now? Or fighting for it?

Either way, say what you want about wrestlers acting, they know how to move

• 2Like