The Mandalorian

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Moderator based or did Foler suck enough Joggerville Brats for the items to ban you?

Moderator based but Foler did spend some soybucks or whatever to change my title to Karen for a few days

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I dunno why they didn't use Ahsoka's voice actress, she's hot and short. Will give Dawson a chance so will withhold judgment for now.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dunno why they didn't use Ahsoka's voice actress, she's hot and short. Will give Dawson a chance so will withhold judgment for now.
Because she isn't a teenager from Clone Wars era any more. Quick wiki check shows her starting at 5'3" and end of rebels she's supposed to be 6'2"

Cybsled

VA and Life Action are also different beasts. Bo Katan was easy because Sackoff does live action primarily. Plus Ashoka is a major character, so it makes sense they would want a more established actor

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
She is not that tall in Rebels, which is also Filoni and cannon. In fact she is still pretty wirely and squirrley. A fully grown member of her race in Clone Wars (Shokti?) was also pretty short standing next to troopers. Her original VA would have been cool, but she has like almost no live action experience and probably lacks the look. Dawson (and this is not a anti woke thing or black washing critique) is just not the right look, voice, or attitude to pull off the character. Basically, the last episode of Rebels is the version of her we should be getting in Mandolorian, since the time lines are basically the exact same.

Plus, Dawson is a huge fucking drama magnet and I think casting her in such a major role is a bad move long term as a result. If I had to pick someone who would be good long term, it would probably be Moretz who has the action and action chops for it, plus would not be too expensive as a long term option in the role. This is especially true because if they ever get Filoni doing movies, you know Tano will be in most of them. But I think Polaki would be a good bargain option, based on her work on John Wick 1.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because she isn't a teenager from Clone Wars era any more. Quick wiki check shows her starting at 5'3" and end of rebels she's supposed to be 6'2"
Dawson is 5'7" , i dont think height is really an issue as Tom Cruise is a midget (also 5'7") and very few people realize it because they can make people look taller on screen.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dawson is 5'7" , i dont think height is really an issue as Tom Cruise is a midget (also 5'7") and very few people realize it because they can make people look taller on screen.
Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka VA) is even shorter at 5'2" which is the problem. Teen Ahsoka, sure she'd fit. Adult post-ROTJ Ahsoka they needed to go someone else.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The height is completely unimportant, but her race are all wirey spider monkey types and the two onscreen examples have been young looking. I am concerned about a Dawson casting because she is batshit and does fit the character at all, specifically the older Tano we see at the end of the Rebels epilogue.

Fucker

Log Wizard
LMAO @ "Wookie Wakandans"

By the way, calling out Folger's trailer home earned me a one week ban from politics thread so I'll be spending the holidays in this section.
LMAO. I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice there is a huge disconnect between that he posts in the home improvement thread and what he posts everywhere else. The first thing anyone with any money buys is a nice crib.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
LMAO. I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice there is a huge disconnect between that he posts in the home improvement thread and what he posts everywhere else. The first thing anyone with any money buys is a nice crib.

Lmao, go check his shawed thread for the most hilarious explanation of that, including his manservant Miguel

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Folder loves him some fantasy, dont we all.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Troler is sad already.

If your gonna lean in to a hard troll, at least mix it up.

Gina isnt THAT fat. Like someone else said, her body in that costume works in the sense of her basically looking like a Gears of War character IRL. And it works very well. The only thing that I really noticed was her arm fat. Other than that she nailed the girl soldier look better than almost any woman character I have ever seen.

It's a retread too. I already ran the overweight Gina troll during S1 pre-production.

I keep saying I'm going to sue Foler for copyright infringement-- we're getting close.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Wtf Ahsoka got that tall? Wasn't aware of that.
That height is kind of deceptive. At least 8 inches of that is the tips of her montrails.
475ebc0a03999f3e905d3742aa52b7f9.jpg

Not counting that shes probably pretty average height.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Foler Foler wouldn't complain if this show was called The Mandingolorian and it was about a guy cruising from planet to planet looking for soyboys to suck his cock in exchange for a pat on the head

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users