The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean she can look good all gussied up.
unnamed (2).jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm having a hard time figuring out if that website is satire, which is usually an indicator of good satire

edit: lawl yeah, def satire. i like it.
Spectator is supposed to be a conservative leaning site. I think that is supposed to be satire, but it's 2020 so who knows?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That article is definitely satire. But what does it say about the state of our intellectual reality that we all had to check and make sure?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now we know the name

Although i think Baby Yoda still sounds better than Grogu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So much lore building in this episode. We also got a ton of answers. Also:

Ahsoka looking for Thrawn means he's definitely coming.

I enjoyed Dawson as Ahsoka. I also noticed her doing the little glances and shit Ahsoka did on Clone Wars and Rebels.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Incredible episode. This is some of the best Star Wars content I have ever seen. Even with their diversity Disney line up of directors, they are doing a great job. I like how they are exploring the Ashoka/Thrawn stuff, the world building is amazing.

Ashoka looked awesome! Couldnt ask for a better version, great casting choice, A+++ make up/costume design and the sabers looked sweet. This season gets better every episode and is turning out to be even better than the first, which is saying a lot. Im happy they are starting to get Star Wars right. Its amazing what can happen when Kathleen Kennedy isnt involved.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
My only issues were how shit her lightsabers looked? I don't know if its the format, but they seemed really dull. Also her taking so long to beat the chinese chick at the end and even losing her lightsaber was laughable. That should have been over in 10 seconds.

• 1Dislike

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought the lightsabers looked great? They even had them in a contrasted bleak, dark grey setting so you could see their visual impact even more, lol.

I dont know who the Magistrate was in terms of lore, but Ashoka clearly stated that her master is Thrawn, which means she is probably trained in combat, as she had a beskar weapon. It isnt a stretch to think she might have had some skill? Either way she lost.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Incredible episode. This is some of the best Star Wars content I have ever seen. Even with their diversity Disney line up of directors, they are doing a great job. I like how they are exploring the Ashoka/Thrawn stuff, the world building is amazing.

Ashoka looked awesome! Couldnt ask for a better version, great casting choice, A+++ make up/costume design and the sabers looked sweet. This season gets better every episode and is turning out to be even better than the first, which is saying a lot. Im happy they are starting to get Star Wars right. Its amazing what can happen when Kathleen Kennedy isnt involved.
This last episode was all Filoni. Wrote and directed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My only issues were how shit her lightsabers looked? I don't know if its the format, but they seemed really dull. Also her taking so long to beat the chinese chick at the end and even losing her lightsaber was laughable. That should have been over in 10 seconds.

I felt like that was a small call back to The Clone Wars, it was a thing Anakin teased her about being able to keep a hold of them. It got called out a few times in the cartoon.

Filoni is a fucking national treasure at this point.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
good lord rosario looked great. ahsoka had those huge lips as she got older that look great in animation but look goofy in real life. except rosario's lips were perfect.

also, tython... i don't remember them mentioning tython in any of the shows? but that's the jedi home world in SWTOR.

also also...
"there aren't many jedi left..." IS MACE WINDU GONNA SHOW UP?! sam jackson was talking a while ago about how he fully believes mace windu is still alive. jedi fall from great heights all the time without a scratch...

realistically it's probably not mace... but who else is even still alive at this point that would train baby yoda (grogu is a stupid name)? i mean we have a smattering of people here and there like ezra, but if ahsoka can't train him, why would ezra be able to? it's not like they're gonna bring luke into this...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
good lord rosario looked great. ahsoka had those huge lips as she got older that look great in animation but look goofy in real life. except rosario's lips were perfect.

also, tython... i don't remember them mentioning tython in any of the shows? but that's the jedi home world in SWTOR.

also also...
"there aren't many jedi left..." IS MACE WINDU GONNA SHOW UP?! sam jackson was talking a while ago about how he fully believes mace windu is still alive. jedi fall from great heights all the time without a scratch...

realistically it's probably not mace... but who else is even still alive at this point that would train baby yoda (grogu is a stupid name)? i mean we have a smattering of people here and there like ezra, but if ahsoka can't train him, why would ezra be able to? it's not like they're gonna bring luke into this...
Ahsoka "won't" train Grogu because she felt his fear and his attachment to Mando. Probably reminds her of Anakin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

also also...

It would seem Ezra might be the natural choice. Theoretically, this show is happening just post Endor and Luke would be getting his Jedi school going, but no way they foot the bill for CGI young Hamil. I could also the the Bendu being a possibilty since he had interactions with Thrawn and all the other characters being referenced here.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Love the Grogu name because it reminds me of Rogu from American Dad

• 2Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ahsoka "won't" train Grogu because she felt his fear and his attachment to Mando. Probably reminds her of Anakin
no, i understand that. but she's clearly more fit for the job than ezra. saying that she won't train grogu because he could turn into another anakin, but then letting someone less experienced than her train grogu seems silly.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
It would seem Ezra might be the natural choice. Theoretically, this show is happening just post Endor and Luke would be getting his Jedi school going, but no way they foot the bill for CGI young Hamil. I could also the the Bendu being a possibilty since he had interactions with Thrawn and all the other characters being referenced here.
Winter soldier makes a pretty good 80’s Luke
1730F753-265A-4525-92D5-EB18C40DBF07.jpeg

• 5Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 2Blown
Reactions: 8 users