The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its an item made of pure Beskar, it could be melted down and made into anything.
Great... next episode is a side quest to find the Armourer for a weapon remodel!

What we really want is it melted down for Grogu armor. Since he lost his hover-stroller.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Perhaps it can deflect sabers for a short period, but would eventually have a melting point like any other material.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Perhaps it can deflect sabers for a short period, but would eventually have a melting point like any other material.
I mean it's the Star Wars version of like Vibranium in Marvel. There's no reason to try and find logic in it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EIther way they did a fucking incredible job on Ashoka. Her skirmish with mando was very well done, better than almost anything in the movies. Her character portrayal as a whole was phenomenal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
im still amazed that light sabers have weight to them.
Yeah, it was just a thing that Lucas wanted. People have been trying to come up with explanations like that the saber hilts have gyroscopic elements in them and are heavier than you think. Then there are the ones that say it's because of the force of the lightsaber producing the plasma to make the blade that causes it.
There is even stuff like the more you get used to your lightsaber the lighter it feels.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can block lightsabers, but can also be melted.
Remember in the Prequels when they had to take like 20 minutes to cut through a steel wall with their lightsabers? Sustained high temperatures will work, but glancing blows doesn't do much.

You can melt tungsten if you really try, but it ain't fuckin' easy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, it was just a thing that Lucas wanted. People have been trying to come up with explanations like that the saber hilts have gyroscopic elements in them and are heavier than you think. Then there are the ones that say it's because of the force of the lightsaber producing the plasma to make the blade that causes it.
There is even stuff like the more you get used to your lightsaber the lighter it feels.
VjdlWH8.gif

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
You mean she's a main character in a story and has plot armor? Although she stood up to Vader for a bit she was losing. She had to be saved by a time traveling Ezra and then she dissappears for all of the O.T.

Also, I have to go back and watch the episode but did anyone see the owl that has followed Ahoska?
Yeah, you can see Morai on a tree limb on the left of the screen about 10 seconds before the first time you see Ahsoka.

edit: it was left screen, not right

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
She is nowhere near as bad as Rei, but a 14 year old girl as a general in the armies stretches credibility a bit. But she is basically good at just about everything in Star Wars and never experiences any major tragedies, at least not compared to the other main characters. I mean even Obi Wan had his slam piece executed in front of him by Maul. Ashoka not only manages to escape order 66, but miraculously saves Rex from the chip despite having no participation in the side arc involving it. He had similar problems with Sabine in Rebels too, they were just less egregious. Mando needs its characters to be flawed and a bit dark to keep its current feel. I think they can do this with Ashoka, but Filnoni is going to have to dirty up the character a bit if he intends to use her long term (and why would he not if they cast Dawson).
WTF you talking about? She gets completely shit on by the council, the only family she knows and has no choice but to follow her integrity and leave when they back pedal, those motherfuckers. Then when she comes back to help clean up the mess at the end of the clone wars, they make a point of showing how much respect the clones all still have for her because of the way she treated them as real people (even Obi-Wan treats them as disposable during the fight over Coruscant in ep3). And for all that, she gets to live through them trying to kill her, her refusing to actively kill any of the soldiers in her division, and still has to watch them all die right in front of her. She experienced as much tragedy as any of them if not more because she was the most true to the jedi ideal during the point in time when they were all going way off course.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Here we go again with "transphobia". Trans people already got their own blockbuster movie series full of "genderfluid" robots in the TRANSformers franchise
they're linking gina and rosario to make it look like The Mandolorian is some kind of tranny hate show. i dont think anyone is buying into it though. too many people like this show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Mando's duty is to return Grogu to his people, aka the Jedi. Til that time Grogu is considered a foundling and part of his clan. He's basically his son and their relationship has grown in that respect.

He's not being hunted by the Bounty Hunters because he broke the code, but because Moff Gideon wants Grogu back.

Bo-Katan and the Night Owls are soldiers trying to reclaim the planet Mandalore. They mainly helped him because they used him to help serve their goals. Eventhough they aren't the same "clan" they aren't necessarily enemies.
Thanks!

Look, I still think post-Lucas/KK Star Wars is shit and while the Mandalorian does have a positive Favreau'ian influence which makes it palatable (this series humor is straight out of *any* Marvel movie, and that's a good thing), it's still post-Lucas/KK Star Wars so I'm only slightly invested in this series but I still try to understand things.

I googled Bo-Katan to make sure that was who I was thinking about and this came up:

Unify-SoH.png

This picture represents exactly why I groan when it comes to Star Wars anymore. No clue what is canon to Disney or not. Cartoons are now considered canon and I think I read that her possession of the darkblade is canon but all I know is that Gus Fring actually has the darkblade and oy... it's just frustrating. I'm legit not trying to be a hater or troll, but being a Star Wars fan in current times feels like work.

• 2Garbage
  • 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
I doubt they'll use a heavily established Jedi to train baby Yoda. Unless Ahsoka was being purposely coy with the wording about how a jedi will hear the call and come to train, not so subtly implying that she'd do it if he succeeds at whatever it was she said needed to be done. Only other real option IMO would be Luke. Also I like the Sebastian Stan idea as a stand in for age appropriate Luke. According to the interwebs Ben Solo was born in 5 ABY so they could easily squeeze a young version of him in if they visit Luke's temple.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Thanks!

Look, I still think post-Lucas/KK Star Wars is shit and while the Mandalorian does have a positive Favreau'ian influence which makes it palatable (this series humor is straight out of *any* Marvel movie, and that's a good thing), it's still post-Lucas/KK Star Wars so I'm only slightly invested in this series but I still try to understand things.

I googled Bo-Katan to make sure that was who I was thinking about and this came up:

View attachment 320237

This picture represents exactly why I groan when it comes to Star Wars anymore. No clue what is canon to Disney or not. Cartoons are now considered canon and I think I read that her possession of the darkblade is canon but all I know is that Gus Fring actually has the darkblade and oy... it's just frustrating. I'm legit not trying to be a hater or troll, but being a Star Wars fan in current times feels like work.
Please get the fuck out of here and quit trying so hard. That's nothing but fan art. That's what you get for googling shit and not actually watching it. You want to be a Star Wars fan, then be a Star Wars fan and watch the good with the bad, there's plenty of both. Fuck you are insufferable.
This is the same kind of crap that is leading #ASHOKA to trend on twitter. Fans that don't even know how to spell characters names right because they ping pong back and forth.
The consensus is largely that Clone Wars, and to some degree Rebels, are for the most part the best Star Wars has been since the OT. What would prevent you or anyone from actually investing some time in that if you are such a fan?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users