The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thanks!

Look, I still think post-Lucas/KK Star Wars is shit and while the Mandalorian does have a positive Favreau'ian influence which makes it palatable (this series humor is straight out of *any* Marvel movie, and that's a good thing), it's still post-Lucas/KK Star Wars so I'm only slightly invested in this series but I still try to understand things.

I googled Bo-Katan to make sure that was who I was thinking about and this came up:

View attachment 320237

This picture represents exactly why I groan when it comes to Star Wars anymore. No clue what is canon to Disney or not. Cartoons are now considered canon and I think I read that her possession of the darkblade is canon but all I know is that Gus Fring actually has the darkblade and oy... it's just frustrating. I'm legit not trying to be a hater or troll, but being a Star Wars fan in current times feels like work.
The Clone Wars and Rebels are the canon animated shows that they are drawing characters from. Bo-Kataan was the last leader of Mandalore and she was the owner of the Darksaber. This was before the Empire purged the Mandalorians and Moff Gideon somehow ends up with the Darksaber. Clone Wars and Rebels are pretty good. They both take a season to get going though and both vastly improve as they go on. If you are complaining about female Mandalorians, I don't really ever remember there being backlash against it. That fan art is a reproduction of the scene where the clans of Mandalore elect Bo-Kataan their leader. I don't thnk most people care about female representation as long as you aren't gender bending characters and shit. Dave Filoni ran both those shows and is co running Mandalorian with Favreau. He's also the one that directed and wrote this last episode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

Star Wars dot motha-fuggin com is now fan-art to retards.

Tell me, retard Miguex Miguex , what that says on there? Go ahead, have a gander.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

Star Wars dot motha-fuggin com is now fan-art to retards.

Tell me, retard Miguex Miguex , what that says on there? Go ahead, have a gander.
Where is the picture you posted on that site? I know exactly who that character is, you didn't. What is your point?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I doubt they'll use a heavily established Jedi to train baby Yoda. Unless Ahsoka was being purposely coy with the wording about how a jedi will hear the call and come to train, not so subtly implying that she'd do it if he succeeds at whatever it was she said needed to be done. Only other real option IMO would be Luke. Also I like the Sebastian Stan idea as a stand in for age appropriate Luke. According to the interwebs Ben Solo was born in 5 ABY so they could easily squeeze a young version of him in if they visit Luke's temple.
Luke
Ezra
Cal Kestis
That's all I can think of off hand. I am not sure if there are other Jedi alive from the books.

Fadaar

That guy
Luke
Ezra
Cal Kestis
That's all I can think of off hand. I am not sure if there are other Jedi alive from the books.

Luke is the only one left unless they pull some Mace Windu shit that isn't an auxiliary media creation. Also I just don't see Ezra being qualified as a teacher, I don't even remember if Kanan was a full fledged knight before Order 66 hit. He's even less qualified than Ahsoka imo. Which leads me to believe it'll be Luke. Don't see that being until season 4 at the earliest though since they just name dropped Grand Admiral Big Blue Dick himself which sets the stage for a grander scale and a lot of options for galaxy wide storytelling.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Luke is the only one left unless they pull some Mace Windu shit that isn't an auxiliary media creation. Also I just don't see Ezra being qualified as a teacher, I don't even remember if Kanan was a full fledged knight before Order 66 hit. He's even less qualified than Ahsoka imo. Which leads me to believe it'll be Luke. Don't see that being until season 4 at the earliest though since they just name dropped Grand Admiral Big Blue Dick himself which sets the stage for a grander scale and a lot of options for galaxy wide storytelling.
Kanan was very much a padawan when Order 66 happened, the equivalent of a S1 Ahsoka. They are still playing games dancing around the "no other Jedis left" by only having teenagers in training as survivors who are still around in OT era or later

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Kanan was made a Jedi Knight during one of the episodes in the Jedi Temple.

I have a feeling it was Mace that got Grogu out of the Jedi Temple.

My main thing with Luke is I remember them saying they were gonna stay away from the big O.T. characters.

• 2Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
If you are complaining about female Mandalorians
Not at all... not sure how you came to that conclusion LoL

If you want to say I'm complaining about something, it's the fact that interwebs/canon is telling me this Bo-Katan person is the wielder of the darkblade yet I watch Mando and see Gus Fring with it. I guess also that what is/isn't canon isn't as clear as it could/should be anymore.

So based on what you're saying, it's an opened plot point yet to be dealt with as to how she lost the darkblade and it came into Gus Fring's possession?

quit trying so hard.

Asking questions of people who are into something more than me is trying so hard. Yep.

What would prevent you or anyone from actually investing some time in that if you are such a fan?
Look, I still think post-Lucas/KK Star Wars is shit

I dunno... maybe due to the fact that I admitted I'm NOT much of a fan already (or more accurately, a let-down former huge fan), but you're retarded so this is how this convo went. Pity.

Thanks for the clarification Harshaw Harshaw , I appreciate you :) Migeux? Thanks for zilch.

• 1Garbage

Fadaar

That guy
Luke could literally just be a one episode or scene thing. Two seasons from now the whole journey arc for finding baby Yoda a teacher could lead him to dropping him off at Luke's academy. Unless Ahsoka is along for the trip (which is entirely possible) Mando really has nothing to discuss with Luke other than saying his goodbyes to baby and telling Luke to take care of him. It would almost seem like a throwaway appearance but it'd fit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So based on what you're saying, it's an opened plot point yet to be dealt with as to how she lost the darkblade and it came into Gus Fring's possession?
The attack where Mando's parents died is what they are referring to the Purge. When the Empire went and tried to wipe out all the Mandalorians. Bo-Kataan was the leader of the Mandalorian homeworld Mandalore at the time of the Purge. She had the Darksaber in her posession as it is a sign of leadership among Mandalorians. We just know that the Empire won the Purge and somehow Moff Gideon ended up with the Darksaber. Now it's wether it was stripped from Bo-Kataan, unlikely since she is still alive, or it was stolen from her by Gideon.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Did...did we just watch the best star wars in decades? Holy shit this episode is tits!

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Luke could literally just be a one episode or scene thing. Two seasons from now the whole journey arc for finding baby Yoda a teacher could lead him to dropping him off at Luke's academy. Unless Ahsoka is along for the trip (which is entirely possible) Mando really has nothing to discuss with Luke other than saying his goodbyes to baby and telling Luke to take care of him. It would almost seem like a throwaway appearance but it'd fit.
I really don't think it's gonna be Luke.. Cuz then Grogu would have died when Ben Solo destroyed Luke's temple and killed the students. He'd only be what? 75-80? He'd still be a little kid. I have a feeling Grogu is meant for something much bigger than a death like that. Knowing how powerful he is supposed to be there is no way that Kylo or Snoke would have left him living.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Despite the fact that Mando now has the weapon to square off against the darksaber, it does need to be a Bo-Katan v. Moff Gideon showdown to decide the whole thing and that seems to be one of the end points this is heading to. I think Mando is just going to be the catalyst that brings all the factions of Mandolorians together in the end, potentially even totally outliers/non Mandolorians like Boba Fett.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Despite the fact that Mando now has the weapon to square off against the darksaber, it does need to be a Bo-Katan v. Moff Gideon showdown to decide the whole thing and that seems to be one of the end points this is heading to. I think Mando is just going to be the catalyst that brings all the factions of Mandolorians together in the end, potentially even totally outliers/non Mandolorians like Boba Fett.
I agree. We will see Mando and Gideon fight, but Gideon's demise should be at Bo-Kataan or Sabine if she shows up.

I think of Mando as a Han Solo in this situation. He's just doing his thing and gets sucked into something so much bigger.

• 2Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
I mean it's the Star Wars version of like Vibranium in Marvel. There's no reason to try and find logic in it.

Beskar is made out of Midichlorianium. See? Everything explained all in one sentence.

• 1Solidarity