The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i will say that they gave Mando better fighting skills this season. they started him off as a clown when it came to h2h combat. that scene with Cara in the bar in episode s1e3 kind of made him look like an idiot.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
She is nowhere near as bad as Rei, but a 14 year old girl as a general in the armies stretches credibility a bit. But she is basically good at just about everything in Star Wars and never experiences any major tragedies, at least not compared to the other main characters. I mean even Obi Wan had his slam piece executed in front of him by Maul. Ashoka not only manages to escape order 66, but miraculously saves Rex from the chip despite having no participation in the side arc involving it. He had similar problems with Sabine in Rebels too, they were just less egregious. Mando needs its characters to be flawed and a bit dark to keep its current feel. I think they can do this with Ashoka, but Filnoni is going to have to dirty up the character a bit if he intends to use her long term (and why would he not if they cast Dawson).
Was Obi in the rebels series at all? I just couldnt get into it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was just looking through Youtube and the reactors are going crazy over Ahsoka. It's pretty crazy that she went from a character almost as hated as JarJar to one of the most loved characters in Star Wars.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I was just looking through Youtube and the reactors are going crazy over Ahsoka. It's pretty crazy that she went from a character almost as hated as JarJar to one of the most loved characters in Star Wars.
Yeah, she actually had real character development over time and wasn't a 1 note throw away character.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Quick Q's and I know I can rely on you guys!

I saw all the episodes but very much had many moments throughout of the show being relegated to background fodder and half-attention given.

Help me understand just one main thing:

What is Mando's endgame here with The Child?

What I understand, even through half-assing many parts of viewing, is thus:

He broke his vow of bounty hunting code of ethics or whatever when he got a heart and stole baby Yoda from the rightful purchaser. Now he's hunted by various folks. If he loves the baby, why doesn't he just disappear into some far off galaxy with him and that's that? Or is that literally what he's trying to do, and just keeps getting into shit luck?

Also, the female mandalors or whatever they're called (redhead girl etc)... why are they helping him? I feel that since there's a strict code of only "doing the job" so to speak, that he would be outcast by EVERY bounty hunter, including them. Why are they in allegiance to him?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I saw all the episodes but very much had many moments throughout of the show being relegated to background fodder and half-attention given.

He broke his vow of bounty hunting code of ethics or whatever when he got a heart and stole baby Yoda from the rightful purchaser. Now he's hunted by various folks. If he loves the baby, why doesn't he just disappear into some far off galaxy with him and that's that? Or is that literally what he's trying to do, and just keeps getting into shit luck?

Also, the female mandalors or whatever they're called (redhead girl etc)... why are they helping him? I feel that since there's a strict code of only "doing the job" so to speak, that he would be outcast by EVERY bounty hunter, including them. Why are they in allegiance to him?

Mando has/had two objectives. one was finding all the Mandoes who left the compound. the other is getting Baby Yoda back to where he belongs, with jedi or his race.
Moff Gideon wants baby Yoda for his clone experiements. Boba Fett is a "mando". those plotlines have yet to be resolved. and may not be this season.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Mando's duty is to return Grogu to his people, aka the Jedi. Til that time Grogu is considered a foundling and part of his clan. He's basically his son and their relationship has grown in that respect.

He's not being hunted by the Bounty Hunters because he broke the code, but because Moff Gideon wants Grogu back.

All Mandalorians are not Bounty Hunters. It's just a job like any other, they are just especially good at it. Bo-Katan and the Night Owls are soldiers trying to reclaim the planet Mandalore. They mainly helped him because they used him to help serve their goals. Eventhough they aren't the same "clan" they aren't necessarily enemies.

• 2Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was pretty disappointed with this episode. Mando meeting a Jedi has been building up for a season and a half and when he does its basically just another episode of the week. There was no payoff for the anticipation built up at all. Ahsoka may as well have been just another NPC with a ? above her head. Not very good story telling at all.

• 3Garbage
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 8 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Are we not talking about

Grand Admiral Thrawn???

All in all I was quite impressed with the episode. Rosario Dawson had a number of the movement tics etc down pat. Obviously having Filoni direct made this much easier, but the half turn head cock at the very end was just perfect.

Amusing seeing normies now scrambling to understand Clone Wars and Rebels.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Are we not talking about

Grand Admiral Thrawn???

All in all I was quite impressed with the episode. Rosario Dawson had a number of the movement tics etc down pat. Obviously having Filoni direct made this much easier, but the half turn head cock at the very end was just perfect.

That reveal was good. I think that was the "if people love Ahsoka she's getting spin-off" reveal of the episode. The bigger reveal will be if that he is Moff Gideon's boss. I can actually see them doing a few spin offs easily from just this season. You can do a Bo-Kataan/Night Owl show with their fight for Mandalore, an Ahsoka show to have her hunt for Thrawn, and possibly a Republic Army show with Cara Dune. Then you have a mega Avengers-like season of Mandalorian where you bring them all together for the final battle with the Empire.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are we not talking about

Grand Admiral Thrawn???

not much to discuss, all we got was his name being dropped. right now people only barely know Moff Gideon and he's been in a handful of episodes. we know nothing about this other guy and almost nothing about Ahsoka. im talking from a Live Action perspective. its not a "normy" thing, you can be a star wars fan without reading any of the books or watching the cartoons.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
not much to discuss, all we got was his name being dropped. right now people only barely know Moff Gideon and he's been in a handful of episodes. we know nothing about this other guy and almost nothing about Ahsoka. im talking from a Live Action perspective. its not a "normy" thing, you can be a star wars fan without reading any of the books or watching the cartoons.
Mandalorian definitely has to be getting more and more people that skipped Rebels and Clone Wars to go back and watch them though. Hell, the Thrawn name drop pretty much guarantees we that Ezra and Sabine show up. I almost get a boner at the thought of a live action Rebels crew all making it. Hera, Chopper, and Zeb are probably less likely though.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's interesting they went with a "HERE SHE IS FUCKING DUDES UP" IMMEDIATELY. Everyone else would've had some final reveal of her lighting up her lightsabers and everyone going OH SHIT into the next episode. Filoni actually did the right thing and went "Fuck that, here's the character doing what she does for the entire episode!" Great fucking episode and the tie in at the end will definitely be huge. They better get a fucking A+++ actor to play him.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

I just realized something: Pedro Pascal used a spear in GoT, and now he has one in this show lol

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The spear is a dumb weapon though, in reality with no guard or any protection whatsoever fingers would be sliced off.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The spear is a dumb weapon though, in reality with no guard or any protection whatsoever fingers would be sliced off.

The very simple design of it made me think it was probably a ceremonial weapon, doesn't seem that easy to wield with it being pure beskar too. That said, I'm going to guess that whoever could afford crafting a spear fully out of pure beskar can afford some beskar gauntlets to protect them waggly sausages.

Also, let's not argue weapon handling safety in the same universe as lightfuckingsabers.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You mean "Fighting with a spear like it's a staff because it looks better cinematically" is dumb. Spears were very effective weapons. That's why they were used for thousands of years.