Harshaw

Throbbing Member
EoiQrKHUcAE02SY.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Watching A New Hope, and its hilarious how Luke is first introduced to his fathers lightsaber. Obi Wan says he has "something" for him, that his father wanted him to have, as if it was an old pocket watch or something. Then Luke grabs it, and instantly seems to understand how to activate it, and swings it around a bit with absolutely zero input or wariness from Obi Wan lol. Then after he switches it off and sits next to him, he has it pointing right into his chest. Like, there was zero respect or admiration for the most legendary weapon in the entire galaxy.

Nerd complaint, but its just funny rewatching the originals. Still WAY better than ep 7, 8 and 9 though.
If you have ever been around newbs with guns you would see the same thing. Muzzle just pointed at at someone as they lay it down. I refuse to be around newbs with guns because of that but yeah obi didn't give a shit. Dude probobly thought he could force speed away if it activated lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is an interesting show. Some episodes are great and you finally get that "This is Star Wars" feeling again from an actual Star Wars story. Other episodes it's very clear the writers are just phoning it in with stupid, pointless storylines and the laziest dialogue and plot development of all time.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So no official story as to how he actually got out of the belly of the beast (so to speak), just fan gossip?

In the books he had killed the sarlacc. But that's all part of the legends universe now so we don't know the current story. In legends he escaped with (and because of) his armor. So something clearly changed.

Mayfeld: Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly.
Looks like a Canto Bight slot machine.

Mayfeld used to run with mando and recruited him for the prison break specifically because of his ship. It would have been weird if he didn't know it's name. Don't know about mythrol. I remember that line as some of the forced introductory shit you have to do in the beginning of a movie or show. I rolled my eyes a little and assumed he knew it because he saw it written down somewhere.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember some comic back in the 90s that was set after RotJ which had Boba in it. Needless to say I no longer have it.

Conversely, I still have my boxed Darth Vader signed by David Prowse.

Goatface

Conversely, I still have my boxed Darth Vader signed by David Prowse.

little off topic, went to a con in the mid 90's, Prowse was supposedly there, but i never saw him at his table. Kenny Baker and Uncle Owen were setup next to him and were there all the time. one point walked by, Uncle Owen was about 10 feet behind the table laying down on some boxes with like a towel or shirt over his face. there was a sign on the table, Uncle Owen isn't dead, he is just resting.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My only major complaint is that they need to up the threat level of Stormtroopers. The shooting duck gallery level of ease with which these guys go down en masse is just plain comical.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The fact that Jango didnt look at any of the stormtroopers faces is a fucking retarded crime.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The fact that Jango didnt look at any of the stormtroopers faces is a fucking retarded crime.

Stormtroopers were mostly non-clones as early as the OT. Clones had artificially reduced lifespans and most of them died in battles or from "old age" before the OT began. By the time The Mandalorian happens, the Imperial Remnant is using a mix of normal human soldiers and some early brainwashed youths, a process that will be exclusively used by the time the First Order rolls in.

So even if there was still a face to check out after taking a fucking gaffii stick to the schnoz, odds are he wouldn't be looking at himself.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Stormtroopers were mostly non-clones as early as the OT. Clones had artificially reduced lifespans and most of them died in battles or from "old age" before the OT began. By the time The Mandalorian happens, the Imperial Remnant that's going to become the First Order is using a mix of normal human soldiers and some early brainwashed youths.

So even if there was still a face to check out after taking a fucking gaffii stick to the schnoz, odds are he wouldn't be looking at himself.
Either way that would be a good thing to communicate to the audience no?

• 1Pathetic

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Either way that would be a good thing to communicate to the audience no?

Sure. I guess, why not? But this show tends to skip non-essential exposition, at least most of the time. Also, the audience is clearly meant to be at least a little familiar with Clone Wars/Rebels since they're throwing around names and characters that appeared in none of the movies as if they're big drops, so they probably expect a lot of their audience knows about the clones' limited lifespan.

Even Boba is getting old and he wasn't genetically modified to have a shorter lifespan.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It was specifically mentioned that Boba Fett wasn't modified to have an artificial life span, accelerated (he was a kid when he picked up Jango's helmet), or be able to be controlled. His dad was just murdered by the Jedi so he had some beef - then the entirety of the original trilogy happens. He gets tossed in a Sarlac pit and somehow survives (written about in a couple different novels, about how him or others might have survived). Using the original prequel trilogy actor is convenient.

All the same. I'm not hung up on it. He was a background character who had no words, and one line or dialog written to him. "No disintegrations."nevee told us shit a iut Mandalorians. Or if he even was one. Just that he wore their armor. That whole lore is wishy washy, and like the Jedi, most are dead anyway.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was specifically mentioned that Boba Fett wasn't modified to have an artificial life span, accelerated (he was a kid when he picked up Jango's helmet), or be able to be controlled. His dad was just murdered by the Jedi so he had some beef - then the entirety of the original trilogy happens. He gets tossed in a Sarlac pit and somehow survives (written about in a couple different novels, about how him or others might have survived). Using the original prequel trilogy actor is convenient.

All the same. I'm not hung up on it. He was a background character who had no words, and one line or dialog written to him. "No disintegrations."nevee told us shit a iut Mandalorians. Or if he even was one. Just that he wore their armor. That whole lore is wishy washy, and like the Jedi, most are dead anyway.
"he's no good to me dead"

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking at that clip you can see the Mandalore symbol on his left shoulder.

Also, fuck George Lucas for that awful scene with Jabba in New Hope.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Back of the box of cereal reminds me of the credits in Mandalorian.

IMG_20201207_030837562.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to admit I do envy the myriad of food choices you guys have over there to shorten your lives versus the pathetically limited ways available to us Brits.

I'd give my left nut to be able to have access to Coffee-Mate creamer over here. My mornings aren't the same without some French Vanilla in my coffee.

• 1Mother of God