The Mandalorian

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i enjoy the show, but the stroomtroopers are pretty much comic relief at this point. the fight reminded me of an old web comic, bunch of bad guys sitting in hell talking.
how did you die?
-got shot in the foot
and that killed you?
-instantly
The stormtrooper who just sat there and shot at the boulder only to get run over was pretty facepalm lol

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'd spend money on great models of actual ships like HMS Bounty and people to this day buy completed or assemble models of the Titanic.
So the fact that it is gone shouldn't be a huge deal to most.

I'm shocked they vaped it due to the money spent on modeling and the cockpit building for filming.
Though they don't really throw shit like that away at Disney. It'll be saved for future films/episodes.
Well the Lego version just became a collector's item. Also apparently they had just crowd funded an expensive Razor Crest collectible.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
RC just need a bit of repairs, dent’s will buff out, it’ll be fine.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You guys know the Razor Crest is a ship TYPE and not a unique name right?

O2vM.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
It is a bit funny he had just got the ship pristine again. It was always fucked up and half functioning until the real skilled makeover then boom.
It's like driving a 25yr old car around for years with little issues then getting a Tesla and having it explode when you pull out of the lot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It is a bit funny he had just got the ship pristine again. It was always fucked up and half functioning until the real skilled makeover then boom.
It's like driving a 25yr old car around for years with little issues then getting a Tesla and having it explode when you pull out of the lot.
serves you right for letting down reliable tech for hipster dream tech.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys know the Razor Crest is a ship TYPE and not a unique name right?

O2vM.gif
are you sure? everything i'm seeing says the Razor Crest is the name of the gunship class ship din djarin flies.. gunship is exceedingly generic for a "class" of ship, though.. it's like calling it a sedan or something. yes, it qualifies as a gunship, but what make and model? you know? like slave 1 is a modified Firespray-31. the millenium falcon is a YT-1300f.

pretty sure Razor Crest is the name, but there doesn't seem to be any actual information on the make and model of it, you know?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
are you sure? everything i'm seeing says the Razor Crest is the name of the gunship class ship din djarin flies.. gunship is exceedingly generic for a "class" of ship, though.. it's like calling it a sedan or something. yes, it qualifies as a gunship, but what make and model? you know? like slave 1 is a modified Firespray-31. the millenium falcon is a YT-1300f.

pretty sure Razor Crest is the name, but there doesn't seem to be any actual information on the make and model of it, you know?
I always assumed it was like a modified version of the Republic Gunships from Clone Wars.

Forward_Command_Center_AotC.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>

I'm sure as much as the art department documents I have seen.

But if you're not, then explain these lines...

Mythrol: I like your ship. She's a classic.
Razor Crest, am I right? Pre-Empire?
I have a lot of credits, by the way. That's why I offered to hail a Cruiser.

Mayfeld: Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly.
Looks like a Canto Bight slot machine.

So either it's as famous or more famous than The Falcon (two totally disconnected people know exactly what it's called) after a single glance...or it's just a model of ship that's old.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure as much as the art department documents I have seen.

But if you're not, then explain these lines...

Mythrol: I like your ship. She's a classic.
Razor Crest, am I right? Pre-Empire?
I have a lot of credits, by the way. That's why I offered to hail a Cruiser.

Mayfeld: Razor Crest? I can't believe that thing can fly.
Looks like a Canto Bight slot machine.

So either it's as famous or more famous than The Falcon (two totally disconnected people know exactly what it's called) after a single glance...or it's just a model of ship that's old.

yeah, i remember that dialogue and it neither agrees nor disagrees with either of us. i'm not saying that to be difficult... like harshaw pointed out, it looks A LOT like the republic gunship. without knowing anything more than what we're given we can make a couple of theories.

1) razor crest is just the name of the type of ship. like serenity being a Firefly class ship.
2) razor crest is famous; the same way that say, Baby is a famous 67 impala. (Supernatural. they picked that car specifically because anyone from that era knew that if you wanted to hide a body in a trunk, that was the car to do it in.) It coulda just been some recognizable ship that was made famous by the people who've owned it. star wars is littered with ships that, internally, people recognize. as a real world example, think about the Blue Angels. they just fly F-A 18 Hornets, but everyone recognizes them immediately as Blue Angels.
3) razor crest is famous because it was the prototype for the republic gunship. there is VERY clear inspiration between the two.

i don't expect any real explanation for any of those, though we might get some in some comic or novel or something...

personally, the reason why i think razor crest is the unique name is because it's established that basically outside of luke's x-wing, every character that has a ship, calls it by it's name, not it's model.

spronk

FPS noob
apparently a helicopter can be seen in a scene, people have sharp eyes. from reddit

rb0wzdztda361.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watching A New Hope, and its hilarious how Luke is first introduced to his fathers lightsaber. Obi Wan says he has "something" for him, that his father wanted him to have, as if it was an old pocket watch or something. Then Luke grabs it, and instantly seems to understand how to activate it, and swings it around a bit with absolutely zero input or wariness from Obi Wan lol. Then after he switches it off and sits next to him, he has it pointing right into his chest. Like, there was zero respect or admiration for the most legendary weapon in the entire galaxy.

Nerd complaint, but its just funny rewatching the originals. Still WAY better than ep 7, 8 and 9 though.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user