The Mandalorian

Khane

Got something right about marriage
George has stated multiple times the role of Anakin Skywalker didn't call for a good actor, it called for someone with a certain darkness to them.

He didn't cast Hayden to be a good actor, he only cared about presentation. Get the fuck over it.

Hahahahahahahaha

My movies don't call for good actors!! Acting is inconsequential in film!!! Acting has nothing to do with presentation!

Sterling

El Presidente
George has stated multiple times the role of Anakin Skywalker didn't call for a good actor, it called for someone with a certain darkness to them.

He didn't cast Hayden to be a good actor, he only cared about presentation. Get the fuck over it.
I somewhat defended him and this is how you respond. Well done.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's all there in the "making of" DVD feature/Prequel documentary.

Responding to a question about the casting
"I needed someone with a darkness already to them"
He thought about what looked good on screen aesthetic-wise.

It has other comments on the visual presentation of the prequels, mostly about CGI and being able to "show people things", and indirectly, Hayden's eyes and overall appearance being important. Acting didn't get top bill.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And somehow Natpo ended up in that train wreck.

Question for the edge lords in the thread, can you guys name some scifi out there that actually meets these standards you are setting?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i understand the points about Burr's character, but my point is people are talking about how cool Burr was in that scene where he's sitting at the table with the Night King and he just gets angrier and angrier til he finally pops the Night King with his blaster. that is a mirror of the scene in The Godfather where Michael is working himself up to kill Sollozzo. Clemenza told him earlier not to sit down, but to come out of the bathroom blasting both of them. Michael at that point wasnt a hardened killer. he basically choked and it was only when he got more and more angry because he was listening to Sollozzo talk to him about his dad and Michael knew he tried to have his father killed. thats when Michael snapped and blasted Sollozzo and the bodyguard police captain. i wont call it a ripoff, its more of an homage. i am just explaining why that scene makes Burr look so cool, because it was a cool scene from a cool movie.

Please never post again. He didn't work himself up. It was pre-meditated, he volunteered.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
He didn't work himself up.
You are out of your mind. That scene was so classic because you could feel Michael's hesitation and inner fight/flight. The slow zoom on his face, his whipping eyes having a hard time locking in on Solozzos, the A-train/subway cars squeaking brakes being a parallel to his own inner friction. Damn, are you serious that you don't think that that scene is all about Michael gathering the testicular fortitude to do what he was planning to do?

It was pre-meditated, he volunteered.
Who cares, you robot? That doesn't mean that just because he's conscious of what he has to do that it makes the act any easier. This was his first murder for the family.

I can't believe I'm explaining this.

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You are out of your mind. That scene was so classic because you could feel Michael's hesitation and inner fight/flight. The slow zoom on his face, his whipping eyes having a hard time locking in on Solozzos, the A-train/subway cars squeaking brakes being a parallel to his own inner friction. Damn, are you serious that you don't think that that scene is all about Michael gathering the testicular fortitude to do what he was planning to do?

Who cares, you robot? That doesn't mean that just because he's conscious of what he has to do that it makes the act any easier. This was his first murder for the family.

I can't believe I'm explaining this.
Irrelevant, you either agree the two scenes are similar and a homage, or you don't

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This is true, but there are some really, really poorly written scenes, and even entire episodes in The Mandalorian. Worse than even some of the garbage we endured in the prequels. Grogu eating the frog eggs over and over and being scolded was Jar Jar levels of terrible "comedic" relief.
Eh I dunno I thought that was cute and not ha-ha funny, but amusing.

This isn't a serious show. It's fairly absurd in the first place. Need to just enjoy it for what it is.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, sometimes it is a serious show. Sometimes it isn't. I'm on board with it, I like it and will continue watching. However, I think that episode, and that comedic relief... was atrocious. And I think that's fair criticism.

"Hey you need to take this person with you!"
"I don't do that, I'm a Mandalorian"
"I vouch for them"
"Well Okay, I know I've only had about 20 minutes worth of interaction with you but if you vouch!"
"Well, I only just met her but don't be a jerk!"
"Sigh... fine. This is basically Tool Time in space after all"
"GROGU!!!! STOP EATING THOSE EGGS!"
"But I'm Alf and these eggs are cats!"

That episode was objectively terrible from start to finish. And that's only like the first 5 minutes. Forget about all the throwaway dialogue and screen time with the X-Wing pilots. If that was the first episode of the show I'd never watch another second.

• 1Pathetic

Xevy

Log Wizard
The mask thing was definitely the "how can we get him to take off his mask" and lazy writing ensued. But what this does mean is that Moff Gideon can now show his face to the entire Galaxy because it's in the scan. I'm sure that will be the plot at some point. He shows his face to everyone and his sect of Mandalorians shuns him and he has to find his new "home".

Bill Burr was fine, I liked him better than in S1, but whoever wants to blow him for his acting chops should probably tone it down a little. I will say, he was about 4x better than Chris Rock in the latest Fargo, but that's not saying much.

"Hey Bill, can you act like you're mad about something and have disdain about it? OKAY COOL!"

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Caught up on this show, really enjoyed it. Maybe the bar for star wars is so low after the last couple of movies, but this show is really fun to watch.

I want to watch the blooper reel where bill burr is just ranting and talking shit to the different characters. They obviously use him for that a bit but he's not really cutting loose.

Svingen999

Golden Baronet of the Realm
D7AC37C0-86AC-4541-BF15-E49F266DC283.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So uhh, I kind of lost interest in the Star Wars lore after watching The Last Jedi. I didn't even watch the Rise of Skywalker because TLJ sucked so bad.

This show takes place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, right? But it's part of the same timeline / universe?

Personally I wish they'd just decanonize the 3 sequel movies. Not only did they suck on their own, but they devalue great shows like this and anything else that gets created. If they make live-spinoffs with Ahsoka Tano / Thrawn, it's hard to really care beyond seeing the action scenes because you know it's going to end in a trio of dumpsters.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So uhh, I kind of lost interest in the Star Wars lore after watching The Last Jedi. I didn't even watch the Rise of Skywalker because TLJ sucked so bad.

This show takes place between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, right? But it's part of the same timeline / universe?

Personally I wish they'd just decanonize the 3 sequel movies. Not only did they suck on their own, but they devalue great shows like this and anything else that gets created. If they make live-spinoffs with Ahsoka Tano / Thrawn, it's hard to really care beyond seeing the action scenes because you know it's going to end in a trio of dumpsters.
if the rumors are to be believed, they are retconning the disney sequels

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
if the rumors are to be believed, they are retconning the disney sequels
If in the next episode a de-aged Mark Hamill pops in to help rescue Grogu and mentions Princess Leia's unfortunate death it'd be the greatest thing to happen to the Star Wars franchise since the lightsaber.

• 1Like