The Mandalorian

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Imagine if in Ashoka's show they go back to the time-bullshit-place and see the sequel future and this is confirmed in a single line like "this could have been the future had you died, Ashoka", in a "it's a wonderful life" style episode, before Disney tosses it all away and labels it "alternate timeline". Then have force god guys affirm Ashoka living now allows Luke to avoid falling into despair, and his training of Grogu will allow for a new Jedi order to be born with a Master who will live for centuries to see it through.

View attachment 324224
Fairy Tales Movie GIF by MOODMAN
season 2 episode 6 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime
ruth b love GIF by Columbia Records

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

My guess for next season: Mando will end up in the middle of a Mandolorian power struggle, between Death Watch and Bo Katan.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
"We were told at the Disney Investor Day that Season 3 of The Mandalorian would arrive on Christmas 2021, and it’s unlikely that Disney would schedule two Star Wars shows on top of each other, so the clear implication is that Season 3 of The Mandalorian is “The Book of Boba Fett”, and the focus of the show will shift from Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal) over to Boba Fett and whatever he’s doing, which is why the show can still be called The Mandalorian even though as we saw earlier in “The Rescue”, Boba Fett doesn’t really consider himself to be a Mandalorian."

• 1Rustled

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
"We were told at the Disney Investor Day that Season 3 of The Mandalorian would arrive on Christmas 2021, and it’s unlikely that Disney would schedule two Star Wars shows on top of each other, so the clear implication is that Season 3 of The Mandalorian is “The Book of Boba Fett”, and the focus of the show will shift from Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal) over to Boba Fett and whatever he’s doing, which is why the show can still be called The Mandalorian even though as we saw earlier in “The Rescue”, Boba Fett doesn’t really consider himself to be a Mandalorian."
Pretty reputable sources with direct links to lucasfilm are saying otherwise. Looking more like the Boba Fett thing is a limited series (4-6 episodes and done) and Mandalorian keeps going and the focus switches to reclaiming Mandalore.

• 1Solidarity

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Pretty reputable sources with direct links to lucasfilm are saying otherwise. Looking more like the Boba Fett thing is a limited series (4-6 episodes and done) and Mandalorian keeps going and the focus switches to reclaiming Mandalore
Let's hope you are right!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
This was some pretty good shit. I still do wish the show as a whole had a little more teeth to it, maybe kill off a char or something on this last episode, but I'm still enjoying the shit out of it. As for the whole girl power thing, I rather appreciated Boba dunking that one bitch right into a table with no fucks given. Tension was kind of drawn out too long in a couple spots, but overall goddamn it's nice to see some Star Wars made with love again.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is zero fucking chance they just end the Mando storyline and switch to Boba. That would be incredibly dumb, Grogu or no Grogu.

Plus they ended it with Mando having the Darksaber, and really hammered home the point that Bo Kataan has to win it in order to claim it (even though she had previously took it as a gift from Sabine in cartoons). Not only that but they obviously have more planned for Gideon. There is just too much meat on that bone to stop eating so to speak, you got Mando with Darksaber, basically back at square 1 with no ship, no Grogu and probably still has a massive bounty on his head. Gideon is still out there like I said, then Bo Kataan and her quest to get Darksaber, Luke and Grogu, I mean you cant just end it on that finale. Fans would be immensely disappointed, no matter how many other shows they put out.

If they do have the Book of Boba Fett as the 3rd Mandalorian season, Mando would have to be heavily featured a long with Fett. But then Fennec was with him? Wasnt she getting her own show? Its confusing.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think the only way possible that they switch to Boba is that Pedro Pascal rumor that he was hard to work with is true and they are ditching him for a better actor. but after that finale i'm going with hell fucking no. they cant afford another TLJ backlash right when SW is just starting to recover. Pedro will do season 3. i dont know if it will be split between Boba and Mando. but we arent not getting a Mando show because they need it as a platform to launch all these other shows. Baby Gregg will be back too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not sure what's up but the lightsaber stuff looked like he was swinging a police baton instead. Fucking weirdly short in some parts.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So a thermal vent left uncovered is used to blow up Death Star 1. An unsealed tunnel big enough that large ships can fly through is left unchecked the ENTIRE radius of Death Star 2.

...and now a huge dual hatch door is installed on the back wall that goes directly to space in the room where they house their best and most rugged anti-terrorist death robots.

Man, the empire has the worst engineers.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a thermal vent left uncovered is used to blow up Death Star 1. An unsealed tunnel big enough that large ships can fly through is left unchecked the ENTIRE radius of Death Star 2.

...and now a huge dual hatch door is installed on the back wall that goes directly to space in the room where they house their best and most rugged anti-terrorist death robots.

It goes along with their never hit storm troopers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

didnt they use that same door to launch the troopers to retrieve baby Gregg?

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The droids are stored in a cargo bay, cargo bays have airlocks. He already had an override to seal the doors which is presumably the same level of access to purge the airlock.

But this occurs in a universe where shooting door controls with a blaster disables it from the other side too, so that's a weird detail to nitpick.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
There is zero fucking chance they just end the Mando storyline and switch to Boba. That would be incredibly dumb, Grogu or no Grogu.

Plus they ended it with Mando having the Darksaber, and really hammered home the point that Bo Kataan has to win it in order to claim it (even though she had previously took it as a gift from Sabine in cartoons). Not only that but they obviously have more planned for Gideon. There is just too much meat on that bone to stop eating so to speak, you got Mando with Darksaber, basically back at square 1 with no ship, no Grogu and probably still has a massive bounty on his head. Gideon is still out there like I said, then Bo Kataan and her quest to get Darksaber, Luke and Grogu, I mean you cant just end it on that finale. Fans would be immensely disappointed, no matter how many other shows they put out.

If they do have the Book of Boba Fett as the 3rd Mandalorian season, Mando would have to be heavily featured a long with Fett. But then Fennec was with him? Wasnt she getting her own show? Its confusing.
Fennec is going to be in the Bad Batch series in some capacity, but that is immediately following Order 66 stuff, so well before this.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

It's called an airlock

• 2Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's called an airlock
I realize that.

So let's put an airlock in the room where we keep our most prized possessions of the ship that can be easily ruined with the flick of a switch.

You're the guy that thinks Michael Corleone wasn't building up nerve to shoot Solazzo though, so... your post shouldn't surprise me. It's just another Friday ultimately.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I realize that.

So let's put an airlock in the room where we keep our most prized possessions of the ship that can be easily ruined with the flick of a switch.

You're the guy that thinks Michael Corleone wasn't building up nerve to shoot Solazzo though, so... your post shouldn't surprise me. It's just another Friday ultimately.
they are secured. they also use the airlock to fly out on missions.
mandalorian-dark-troopers-1245877-1280x0.jpeg

the airlock doesnt hurt them in any way other than buying Team Mando some time.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
they are secured. they also use the airlock to fly out on missions.
mandalorian-dark-troopers-1245877-1280x0.jpeg

the airlock doesnt hurt them in any way other than buying Team Mando some time.
Aye, I see now that that makes sense. I admit it I WAS WRONG! It happens, and I'm proud to fess up and admit it when it's shown to me in clear way. It just felt so cheap to me when I was watching it and I was like, now what geniuses would keep these elite droids just right there right next to an easily opened hatch that just sucks them out and makes them null and void with the flick of a switch on the outside of the room (fyi I made that comment mid watch... as in, I paused my copy of Mando to make that post). I still say it felt cheap in the moment! I had no clue they would fly back later on~

But yes, I was wrong, that airlock was always there when they were deployed out to retrieve the kid.

• 2Like