The Mandalorian

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Disney is doing the MCU format with Star Wars now. You could have a bunch of sperate shows and then you have a movie like Avengers where it all comes together.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like the theory that the sequel trilogy is the future without Ahsoka, and the Rebels episode where Ezra pulled Ahsoka through the World Between Worlds already retconned that mess out of existence. That would make Luke finding Grogu a great turning point away from the sad, old, padawan murdering, green titmilk drunk, Jake Skywalker future that ruined the sequels.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Amazing episode. Was nice to see Luke being the wise, confident, brave Jedi Master we remember...and not the cowardly, cynical piece of shit Ryan made him into.

This show is actually making me like Star Wars again by unshitting on the characters.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
you guys are setting up a Captain Marvel plothole. now that baby Gregg exists, you cant unexist him. in Captain Marvel, they set up an "oh shit" beacon for whenever Fury desperately needed her he would push the button and she would come save the day. that means shit didnt really go down until Thanos snapped his fingers and Fury had no idea this was happening until the very last minute. like wtf qualified as "oh shit"? think of all the world ending events that could have almost happened in the MCU up until that point and Fury was like, "nah Tony or Cap got this. " in the Disney sequel you have Luke as still the only hope, then he shit the bed and it was Rey. where was baby Gregg? he was "somewhere"? yeah that doesnt work. they will have to do some retconning. its not an unheard of thing, even in this show.
Even if Grogu is alive, which I 100% bet he is, he's still gonna be a little shit. He'll be what? 75 in Yoda years. He's not gonna be jumping around with a lightsaber. He certainly wouldn't be some "Captain Marvel" to call in and teach Rey/save the galaxy. We also don't know if Grogu stays with Luke.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I really like the theory that the sequel trilogy is the future without Ahsoka, and the Rebels episode where Ezra pulled Ahsoka through the World Between Worlds already retconned that mess out of existence. That would make Luke finding Grogu a great turning point away from the sad, old, padawan murdering, green titmilk drunk, Jake Skywalker future that ruined the sequels.

Imagine if in Ashoka's show they go back to the time-bullshit-place and see the sequel future and this is confirmed in a single line like "this could have been the future had you died, Ashoka", in a "it's a wonderful life" style episode, before Disney tosses it all away and labels it "alternate timeline". Then have force god guys affirm Ashoka living now allows Luke to avoid falling into despair, and his training of Grogu will allow for a new Jedi order to be born with a Master who will live for centuries to see it through.

tenor-3.9308c20d.gif

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was mildly amused by the faux-skrillex when the Black Troopers were powering up and doing stuff, right until Luke muderhobo'd them all.

• 2Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if Grogu is alive, which I 100% bet he is, he's still gonna be a little shit. He'll be what? 75 in Yoda years. He's not gonna be jumping around with a lightsaber. He certainly wouldn't be some "Captain Marvel" to call in and teach Rey/save the galaxy. We also don't know if Grogu stays with Luke.

Wookieepedia says Yoda became a Jedi Master at 100, so Grogu could be a reasonably competent Jedi Knight at 75.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That was great even the second time when I knew what was going to happen. God damn they just nailed this. Why was this so difficult? Why did they waste so much time and money on the garbage fucking bullshit sequels.

I'm absolutely just going to pretend none of it exists and I'd be fine if they get better at the CGI if they had a whole show surrounding the old cast while Harrison and Hamill are still alive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The CW comment was more to pick a "brand" known for shitty writing, not a direct comparison of similar show types.

Yes, I realize that. I was pointing out adventure serials were never known for good writing. They are heroic, engaging adventures that change from week to week. They are supposed to be a little hokey and largely devoid of cynicism.

The show masters that form of storytelling. Star Wars should not be the go to place for deep writing. Its a fantasy archetype story.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also something to point out is that R2 probably remembered Grogu from the Jedi Temple. There definitely seemed to be recognition in that little scene.

• 3Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That was great even the second time when I knew what was going to happen. God damn they just nailed this. Why was this so difficult? Why did they waste so much time and money on the garbage fucking bullshit sequels.

I'm absolutely just going to pretend none of it exists and I'd be fine if they get better at the CGI if they had a whole show surrounding the old cast while Harrison and Hamill are still alive.
Funny thing is Filoni was stuck in animated for so long because he had no live action experience and they didn't trust him. Favreau really is fucking gold. He's also the one that kicked off the MCU and now the Mando Universe.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow,

That.....that was Star Wars. That was what every movie after the first three should have been like. That is the best live action thing to do with the star wars universe to have come out since the original trilogy. We had to wait 37 years for that??? Please just let this person continue with the universe and fuck off anybody who directed those last 3 abominations of movies. So a basic review of the highlights that made it actually feel like a Return of the Jedi Sequel....a fourth movie if you will.

X-wing
Jedi Kicking ass
Jedi is actually Luke Skywalker A Master Jedi.
After 37 years we get to see how powerful Luke Skywalker really was.
A Calm, wise, I know I am powerful, Luke Skywalker.
R2-D2

About damn time.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine if in Ashoka's show they go back to the time-bullshit-place and see the sequel future and this is confirmed in a single line before Disney tosses it all away and labels it "alternate timeline". Then have force god guys affirm Ashoka living now allows Luke to avoid falling into despair, and his training of Grogu will allow for a new Jedi order to be born with a Master who will live for centuries to see it through.

View attachment 324224

We already know that they’re willing to shitcan huge swathes of lore, so they shouldn’t have any problem tossing the sequels onto the heap with the old EU.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they got rid of Kennedy and retconned ep 7, 8 and 9, Disney would have pulled off the most stunning move in the history of film. They would win over so many more fans and would gain A TON of respect. No one would even be mad about it, besides the people involved in making them. Fans would accept it as a mulligan and move on. That would be too incredible honestly, and it will never happen given how baked in all of the new heroes are.

It'll never happen because Kennedy threatened a building burning when she realized the Bob's were trying to get rid of her.

She was set to retire prior, but is now out for blood.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
A little clunky (not maclunky) in parts pacing wise but god damn if I didn't feel 10 years old again once Luke showed up. I cannot believe what Favreau and Filoni have pulled off in two seasons with such consistency. Almost every episode this season was the new best episode ever. They just keep topping themselves. Holy shit.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, I realize that. I was pointing out adventure serials were never known for good writing. They are heroic, engaging adventures that change from week to week. They are supposed to be a little hokey and largely devoid of cynicism.

The show masters that form of storytelling. Star Wars should not be the go to place for deep writing. Its a fantasy archetype story.
Maybe I haven't seen a good adventure serial lately. What's one you feel is comparable?

Do you feel the heroic adventure is compromised when stakes aren't clear? When is mando actually in trouble if he blocks lightsabers and stormtroopers only aim for his armor?

I'm certainly not looking for deep writing. But I think this show is failing in some aspects that make it hard to tell a believable narrative with relatable characters.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Edgelord

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that was utterly awesome. When the X-Wing flew up I was like "Nooo.... YES!!!!!" I was hoping for the Sebastian Stan Luke recast because, come on, that level of CGI never looks good but Mark probably has some contractual thing about it, so they just went with the easier route. And look, the future is so wide open, with so many ways to go, its amazing.

"Seal Team Slit" is some funny shit. Honestly, though, I don't mind and it made sense in the show. Gina looks so good. They all do. and capable from that perspective. I miss the Storm Troopers as described by Obi Wan, precise and feared but that ship sailed in 1981, I think. The Dark Troopers made fearsome bad guys, and all the more impressive as Luke mowed them down. I think Ant-Man Director Peyton Reed did a fantastic job with this, Pedro despite his political statements really delivered all in all it was amazing.

It's never the "women can't be badasses", its the unearned tokenist and political nature of that phony badassery that sucks. No one cared that Ripley or Sarah Conner were women and that back in the dark ages, amirite? It's just when you try to score points/virtue signal/etc that it comes off as fake, Avengers Endgame style. Seal Team Slit is hilarious, though.

The Sequel Trilogy needs to be completely retconned out. Full stop, do not pass go, do not collect 2 billion dollars. I don't think that Rian Johnson "went off the farm"; I think he gave them (Kathleen Kennedy) exactly what they wanted, and Colin Trevevorow whatever got fired because he wouldn't. The whole idea of the sequel trilogy was they were going to cast off the old fans and realign to new Woke fans since the old fans are getting old, and hey since we are doing this everyone today (I mean KK) is down for radical SJW Woke things so that's how we will write the movies. If they can flip the reset switch on 225 years of American history, we can have them do a reset of 5 years and 3 movies of Star Wars. Make it happen.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm imagining they're just gonna let Favreau do whatever the fuck he wants now. I hope he wants to take total control of this shit because he just gets it. Filoni too, keep Lucas involved as well in some fashion.

Lucas always wanted to make a live action series but the tech wasn't really there. It is now. Wonder if he could be tempted!

• 1Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
This is what I wanted from Star Wars... its not perfect, doesn't have to be, but it hits all of the notes it needs to and does so brilliantly. It just felt right and took me back to how I felt as a kid watching the originals - mouth agape, cheering at the screen, feeling that swell of emotion at the final scene. I legitimately almost had tears in my eyes at the end.

When Grogu reached out to touch him and he removed his helmet, that was such a touching moment between them. It was very well directed, acted, and scripted.

The end credits scene was amazing, nice to see the set up for next season. I am not disappointed and can't wait to see the rest of the series that are coming now. Disney is really knocking it out of the park.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm imagining they're just gonna let Favreau do whatever the fuck he wants now. I hope he wants to take total control of this shit because he just gets it. Filoni too, keep Lucas involved as well in some fashion.

Lucas always wanted to make a live action series but the tech wasn't really there. It is now. Wonder if he could be tempted!
As far as live action goes, they basically have 30ish years between RotJ and TFA they can fill up with stuff.
The basics are written but that is a great deal of time to run many series and much freedom in how it is done.