The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Lol this is the perfect fan reaction for this scene. Imagine the older fan super nerds that grew up with OG Luke?

I wasn't that animated but I turned to my wife who was playing WoW, and I'm like, "BABE IT'S LUKE MOTHERFUCKING SKYWALKER!" and she's like, "Oh wow. Ok." and goes back to playing.

Still geeking out about it. We get to see Luke Skywalker post Return of the Jedi THE WAY HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AND NOT DRINKING WALRUS BLUE TITTY MILK IN SELF-EXILE.

Every time I think of TLJ Luke I just think of this line from The Godfather:

massacred my boy.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Seal Team Slits was pretty solid; wasn't as bad as it could have been (aside from the trooper trope and all that).
Good episode; crediting Mark Hamill after they basically just used a CGI double was decent on them. Interested in both Mando S3 and Book of Boba Tea.

Did he do the voice?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think his own show IS the Mandalorian. They didn't announce any Boba Fett branded show in the big Disney+ thing last week plus the post-credit stinger says 'The Book of Boba Fett' coming Dec 2021. There is no way that they have a 3rd season of Mando premiering at the same time as a spin-off with Boba ergo they are one and the same.

Cara Dune and maybe even Din Djarin can scupper off to Rangers of the New Republic.
i dunno, december would be when season 3 of Mando ends? there is no way they ditch the Mando show now. Mando and Baby Yoda will be back next October and maybe Luke training montage. you also need Bo Katahn needing to win her DS from Mando and claim her throne. you also need to have Gina build up some more cred for her Rangers show. obese x wing pilots wont be enough.

btw this was the greatest Star Wars thing to happen since 1983. i fucking mean it. my geek factor was at 11. totally unbelievable how much they got right on this show. and it angers me so hard that i had to wait this fucking long and all the fucking shit movies we had to endure til this day. a fucking TV show. my feelings are so mixed right now. of course it wasnt perfect. but that shows how bad Star Wars had become since i was a little kid. a Boba show we had been promised first, then it became the mando show, now we get a boba show. lots of good times coming our way. i just hope they dont spread themselves so thin and with all these shows we get mediocre star wars in everything with different agendas.

to be honest if it all ended here i will be satisfied. it ties off the old with the new and the OT can now retire with dignity.
if they can just retcon that Palpatine didnt really die in RotJ shit Abrams did then that would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How would you retcon the sequel trilogy?

I mean I guess you just strike it from the record and never speak of it? I just dont see how that works. What they should do is just continue what they have been doing. They have subtly retconned Boba Fetts "death", it also happened with Darth Maul. I mean, JJ Abrams kind of soft retconned ep 8 with the shit he did with 9. I know it has been beaten to death so i wont go too far into it, but he was kind of forced to do some of the things he did in order to try and salvage ep 8. Thats the true problem is ep 8. If Johnson had never fucking been apart of this, or KK, it might have worked out.

Anyway, they can just keep massaging different plot points to correct shit. I dont know how they get past all of the retarded Snoke/Palpatine shit, but maybe they just dont really address it. Rey buried the Skywalker sabers and made her own, blazing her own trail. A trail that will remain unseen, good for Rey and her self discovery, now she gets to live out her destiny somewhere that no one knows of or chronicles.

They just focus on the successful parts of the series. I mean fuck, they could even turn the corner with Luke if they really wanted. He didnt REALLY die, just like Mace Windu didnt REALLY die....etc. Not only that but given Kylo Rens return to the light side and subsequent death, Luke's story fundamentally changes as he can maybe heal some of the wounds from the Jedi Order debacle now that his pupil saw the error in his ways and redeemed himself. A story of dark and light. They could pull it off.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm not gonna lie, I was tearing up a bit. You can just tell Jon Favreau is a fanboy that grew up watching the OT. Finally after all these years of dogshit live action Star Wars, an actual Star Wars story. Jon was probably just like, why can't we do that? Yeah, let's just fucking do it!

Also, watched it when it premiered and fuck had no one to talk to! Didn't want to just blurt it out here.

• 9Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How would you retcon the sequel trilogy?

I mean I guess you just strike it from the record and never speak of it? I just dont see how that works. What they should do is just continue what they have been doing. They have subtly retconned Boba Fetts "death", it also happened with Darth Maul. I mean, JJ Abrams kind of soft retconned ep 8 with the shit he did with 9. I know it has been beaten to death so i wont go too far into it, but he was kind of forced to do some of the things he did in order to try and salvage ep 8. Thats the true problem is ep 8. If Johnson had never fucking been apart of this, or KK, it might have worked out.

Anyway, they can just keep massaging different plot points to correct shit. I dont know how they get past all of the retarded Snoke/Palpatine shit, but maybe they just dont really address it. Rey buried the Skywalker sabers and made her own, blazing her own trail. A trail that will remain unseen, good for Rey and her self discovery, now she gets to live out her destiny somewhere that no one knows of or chronicles.

They just focus on the successful parts of the series. I mean fuck, they could even turn the corner with Luke if they really wanted. He didnt REALLY die, just like Mace Windu didnt REALLY die....etc. Not only that but given Kylo Rens return to the light side and subsequent death, Luke's story fundamentally changes as he can maybe heal some of the wounds from the Jedi Order debacle now that his pupil saw the error in his ways and redeemed himself. A story of dark and light. They could pull it off.
they can retcon the disney sequels with a few bits of dialog in an episode of the Mandalorian. something something luke discovers a mcguffin that sends him into an alternate timeline where Han is a deadbeat dad and their child is evil. Luke unable to go back home loses hope and starts chugging walrus titty milk. when he "dies" he returns back to the original timeline and receives the beacon from Baby Gregory, then he finds new purpose and hope. as bad as that sounds, its a million times better than the disney sequels plotline.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
they can retcon the disney sequels with a few bits of dialog in an episode of the Mandalorian. something something luke discovers a mcguffin that sends him into an alternate timeline where Han is a deadbeat dad and their child is evil. Luke unable to go back home loses hope and starts chugging walrus titty milk. when he "dies" he returns back to the original timeline and receives the beacon from Baby Gregory, then he finds new purpose and hope. as bad as that sounds, its a million times better than the disney sequels plotline.
Shit they can keep Kylo Ren as a bad guy as long as they get a new actor and have him not take his helmet off (In the retcon of course) . Dude was pretty awesome until you saw his face and he talked like a fag.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You guys and your retcon talk. It's soo cute. The best thing they can do is what they are doing. Keep plugging in shows and movies in the times before the last trilogy. Do it long enough til people just forget.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You guys and your retcon talk. It's soo cute. The best thing they can do is what they are doing. Keep plugging in shows and movies in the times before the last trilogy. Do it long enough til people just forget.
yes and no, shit is changed now with Luke returning. he is going to be training Baby Gregg and you cant have defeated and depressed Luke anymore. so they have to make a different path for him to follow. because if they dont, that means Baby Gregg is dead by the time of the disney sequels and thats a big fucking downer. its going to change and nobody will care. they want their Star Wars money to keep rolling in. everyone hates the Disney sequels, even the SJWs. no reason to keep it as canon.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Grogu could just leave at some point. Maybe Grogu is what inspired Luke to make the academy

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
There's actually a lot of room to work around the sequels.

- This episode is 9 ABY. Ben destroys the Jedi Academy at 28 ABY. That's 19 years for Luke's first class of students to be trained and graduate.
- There are 100 quadrillion sentient beings in the Star Wars galaxy during this era. The New Republic government was decapped in TFA. It doesn't have to be Republic vs. Empire; the power vacuum will mean Imperial remnants, breakaways, confederacies, corporate star federations, criminal empires, etc. As a background story you can still "save the galaxy" without having a galaxy wide spanning government.
- You could fast forward 20-40 years after Rise of Skywalker to a Master Grogu with a New Jedi Order for Episode 10.
- An aged Rey would be entirely optional. You could write her as a master on the council with Grogu, or write her out entirely (She stayed on Tatooine for a peaceful life).
- Luke still shows up as a force ghost to guide Grogu. More chances to wash the TLJ stain off by making him the voice of wisdom.
- You could add reasons why Luke went into self-imposed exile that made it seem more reasonable (He was going to go after Kylo Ren, but had to hide away to keep Ren's focus on him. Luke had met Mara Jade and she was pregnant with their baby when the academy was destroyed. Kylo Ren would have sensed the truth if he ever met Luke again in person, so Luke hid to protect Mara Jade and their child. He never brought it up before because...that would jeopardize his wife and child, obviously).

I don't think you could ever write away the events that happened, but you could write around it, add some context, and end up with a fledgling New Jedi Order trying to keep the peace in a screwed up galaxy, a cool Force Ghost Luke to wipe away TLJ stain, and (optionally) a MILF/GILF Mara Jade Skywalker and an actual genetic Skywalker child/grandchild.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Luke could literally just be a one episode or scene thing. Two seasons from now the whole journey arc for finding baby Yoda a teacher could lead him to dropping him off at Luke's academy. Unless Ahsoka is along for the trip (which is entirely possible) Mando really has nothing to discuss with Luke other than saying his goodbyes to baby and telling Luke to take care of him. It would almost seem like a throwaway appearance but it'd fit.

way earlier than I expected but my description was nearly spot on other than it being on Gideon's ship rather than Luke's academy

- This episode is 9 ABY. Ben destroys the Jedi Academy at 28 ABY. That's 19 years for Luke's first class of students to be trained and graduate.
- There are 100 quadrillion sentient beings in the Star Wars galaxy during this era. The New Republic government was decapped in TFA. It doesn't have to be Republic vs. Empire; the power vacuum will mean Imperial remnants, breakaways, confederacies, corporate star federations, criminal empires, etc. As a background story you can still "save the galaxy" without having a galaxy wide spanning government.
- You could fast forward 20-40 years after Rise of Skywalker to a Master Grogu with a New Jedi Order for Episode 10.
- An aged Rey would be entirely optional. You could write her as a master on the council with Grogu, or write her out entirely (She stayed on Tatooine for a peaceful life).
- Luke still shows up as a force ghost to guide Grogu. More chances to wash the TLJ stain off by making him the voice of wisdom.
- You could add reasons why Luke went into self-imposed exile that made it seem more reasonable (He was going to go after Kylo Ren, but had to hide away to keep Ren's focus on him. Luke had met Mara Jade and she was pregnant with their baby when the academy was destroyed. Kylo Ren would have sensed the truth if he ever met Luke again in person, so Luke hid to protect Mara Jade and their child. He never brought it up before because...that would jeopardize his wife and child, obviously).

I don't think you could ever write away the events that happened, but you could write around it, add some context, and end up with a fledgling New Jedi Order trying to keep the peace in a screwed up galaxy, a cool Force Ghost Luke to wipe away TLJ stain, and (optionally) a MILF/GILF Mara Jade Skywalker and an actual genetic Skywalker child/grandchild.

I'm curious to see what happens with Gideon. Thrawn is obviously the big dick on the Imperial block these days so I imagine he'll want Gideon back.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The show has really turned hard into a fan service show, but I am ok with that. Every character is awesome, I like where its going, THE BOOK OF BOBA sounds fucking awesome, nothing wrong with getting your dick sucked by a fat girl after the tranny dong shows of TLJ/Rise of Skywalker.

It is funny however that Mandalorian is basically kind of an autistic retard.

I don't give a shit about retcons, as far as I'm concerned TFA, TLJ, and TROS don't exist. I do wanna watch videos about how the last episode was made though, shit looked good.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

you guys are setting up a Captain Marvel plothole. now that baby Gregg exists, you cant unexist him. in Captain Marvel, they set up an "oh shit" beacon for whenever Fury desperately needed her he would push the button and she would come save the day. that means shit didnt really go down until Thanos snapped his fingers and Fury had no idea this was happening until the very last minute. like wtf qualified as "oh shit"? think of all the world ending events that could have almost happened in the MCU up until that point and Fury was like, "nah Tony or Cap got this. " in the Disney sequel you have Luke as still the only hope, then he shit the bed and it was Rey. where was baby Gregg? he was "somewhere"? yeah that doesnt work. they will have to do some retconning. its not an unheard of thing, even in this show.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
you guys are setting up a Captain Marvel plothole. now that baby Gregg exists, you cant unexist him. in Captain Marvel, they set up an "oh shit" beacon for whenever Fury desperately needed her he would push the button and she would come save the day. that means shit didnt really go down until Thanos snapped his fingers and Fury had no idea this was happening until the very last minute. like wtf qualified as "oh shit"? think of all the world ending events that could have almost happened in the MCU up until that point and Fury was like, "nah Tony or Cap got this. " in the Disney sequel you have Luke as still the only hope, then he shit the bed and it was Rey. where was baby Gregg? he was "somewhere"? yeah that doesnt work. they will have to do some retconning. its not an unheard of thing, even in this show.

well that's the biggest issue Star Wars has had since the beginning. well maybe not the beginning, but the prequels release until now. all of this storytelling scattered all over the timeline leads to a LOT of "where was X when Y happened?". just have to accept that there's going to be gaps in logic and continuity errors for the sake of good storytelling.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Great episode. Kind of wish Luke teared through those fuckers faster, but I get the direction. It was the calm and composed Jedi Master just working through. The rippin' and tearin' is more the Dark Side style, which I hope we get to see from SOMEBODY in a non-shit movie soon. Pretty sure a lot of us predicted Luke showing up for Grogu, definitely awesome it actually happened. CGI was shitty, but whatever. Maybe they'll do a recast for an actual Jedi Academy episode or something.

Boba being a gang boss half make sense to me. Like, he's a feared combatant and he's going to just run shit? That's not what people want. We want the most badass T-Visored motherfucker out there rocket-kneeing people. I don't want him playing Godfather. I want him playing John Wick. I get it though, he's pretty old at this point and this way he could contract Mando to do the bounties for him.

I'm shocked more of you aren't reeing about Girl Power, but I'm sure it's coming from somewhere. Honestly noticed it instantly and didn't really bother me. You've got the brawler, the sharpshooter, and the two general combatants. They just all had vaginas. Whether targeted it or not, worked out fine. I did laugh when Dune is essentially swearing up a storm fixing her gun then says "Excuse me" and opens fire on like 12 troopers.

I like Mando not being a complete stoic badass. The whole time you're supposed to think he's completely calm and coolheaded because of his, pun intended, steely composure. But then everytime his helmets on you realize he's just as fucking scared as the rest of us would be, but he just keeps fighting. He doesn't know what the fuck is going on, but he knows what he has to do to survive. I like that. The nothing-can-faze-me heroes are great, but I like the direction they went. His Tonto style speaking probably isn't because he's a cool-handed badass. He probably just isn't a strategic genius every other protagonist in these series seems to be.

Great show, episode definitely got a little dusty at the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
TCW/Rebels was pretty heavy with badass females so this episode didn't bother me any. Bo-Katan, Ahsoka and Sabine were all featured heavily and could hold their own. Plus they mainly stuck to using their ranged weapons so it helped. Speakin' of females I assume we'll see the rest of the Rebels crew next season if they dive right into the Thrawn plot thread.

• 1Like