The Mandalorian

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Ahhh, the social sciences. Ok
Non-Mandorelain While it may be cliche, you can know a lot about groups and still know very little or only broad outlines about an individual, and thus I have learned to take great pains to not to extrapolate too much and use language that reflects that. Otherwise, you open yourself up to attacks that even that I know Chuk isn't trying to court would come. I still don't feel right about saying "Blank" group doesn't get Star Wars.

Hell, its 2020, they would come no matter what language you use. Intention or phrasing won't stop will-to-power. All Star Wars debate is Color Somethingeny.

In summation, for my discussion point with Chuk: Chuk thinks that due to biological determinism, most if not all women can't/don't know how to write for the predominantly male SW audience. I don't think they are trying to write for a male audience. I think their gender has nothing to do with it. It's ideology and profit: They think there is more money to be made by moving to a more female-centric audience and/or it suits their political agenda; order to suit your own world view.

As always, Lithose provides another view that captures a different set of dimensions very well also.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Non-Mandorelain While it may be cliche, you can know a lot about groups and still know very little or only broad outlines about an individual, and thus I have learned to take great pains to not to extrapolate too much and use language that reflects that. Otherwise, you open yourself up to attacks that even that I know Chuk isn't trying to court would come. I still don't feel right about saying "Blank" group doesn't get Star Wars.

Hell, its 2020, they would come no matter what language you use. Intention or phrasing won't stop will-to-power. All Star Wars debate is Color Somethingeny.

In summation, for my discussion point with Chuk: Chuk thinks that due to biological determinism, most if not all women can't/don't know how to write for the predominantly male SW audience. I don't think they are trying to write for a male audience. I think their gender has nothing to do with it. It's ideology and profit: They think there is more money to be made by moving to a more female-centric audience and/or it suits their political agenda; order to suit your own world view.

As always, Lithose provides another view that captures a different set of dimensions very well also.
its either nature or nurture, i'm just saying Star Wars is a boy thing because its got fighting, guns, explosions and monsters, chicks by majority arent into that. before the prequels if you tried to have a discussion with a girl/woman about Star Wars, basically the only thing they would talk about is how cute they thought Han or Luke was. i never met a chick who liked the ewoks, i was 12 when RotJ hit the screen and back then i thought they were for babies. i still think ewoks was Lucas trolling people. did anyone here like the ewoks a lot?

Cybsled

That is mostly down to nurture and what their peers are doing. There isn't some biological pre-determination at play for the most part, it's culture and what you are taught.

-Parents have a concept of what is appropriate, as a result of their own upbringing and experiences. As a result, from a very early age, they put these concepts towards upbringing the child
-This goes for other parents of other kids, who the child interacts with
-This is further magnified and reinforced when the child gets older and there is a much stronger push to fit in. Other children will bully to ensure conformity.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
That is mostly down to nurture and what their peers are doing. There isn't some biological pre-determination at play for the most part, it's culture and what you are taught.

-Parents have a concept of what is appropriate, as a result of their own upbringing and experiences. As a result, from a very early age, they put these concepts towards upbringing the child
-This is further magnified and reinforced when the child gets older and there is a much stronger push to fit in. Other children will bully to ensure conformity.
So boys are conflict oriented because of nurture and girls play with dolls because their parents "subtly" encourage them? Can we get back to Star Wars?
Meryl Streep Cheers GIF by Cosmopolitan

Edit: Sorry if this seemed like an abrupt shift but if the other was barely on topic, this was going to go far afield and wow, I just wanted to cauterize the thread wound I had been helping to propagate.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some people need a refresher of their Jordan Peterson.

It may be more likely that women don't like Star Wars, it may even be a 80/20 split as someone else mentioned, but you can't generalise ALL women because that is what fuels SJW Marxism. Why give them ammunition?

There's plenty of women invovled in The Mandalorian who love Star Wars and have done a great job with it. There's one man who ruined Star Wars with The Last Jedi. Yes the Lucasfilm all female story group was cancer, as is Kathleen Kennedy. Why deal in absolutes here?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Corporate hacks being corporate hacks were swayed by the promise of new market share and the political correctness cover they could get through adopting this ideology. Just like these companies were all family value Christian companies when the moral majority held power--they will adopt whatever religion is dominant.

I mean I've realized this, but never seen it so clearly written. I think I prefer the Christian mantra. At least when they were preaching about whatever it was done nicely, and without condescension, or figuratively ass-fucking a franchise into the abyss.

• 2Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

my ex used to be a nanny for our/her friends' kids. our son would play with dinosaurs and legos so that was the majority of the toys we had at the house. there was a girl my son's age that my ex would nanny for and her parents would pack dolls and stuff for her. she'd come over and just play with legos and dinosaurs with my son. no one really cared all that much, just wanted them to have fun. one time her grandparents picked her up and saw that she was running around with a t-rex growling and "eating" other toys and her grandma was like... SO disturbed... she kept mumbling to herself "little girls don't growl... why is she doing that??"

they also had some pretend lightsabers and they'd have pretend duels. they didn't really know much about star wars, they just liked fighting. girls are absolutely NOT conflict averse. they are just taught to be subtle about it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean I've realized this, but never seen it so clearly written. I think I prefer the Christian mantra. At least when they were preaching about whatever it was done nicely, and without condescension, or figuratively ass-fucking a franchise into the abyss.
the christian mantra is very in line with fantasy stories. i'm a christian, so i'm not trying to say that christianity is fantasy, just that the tenants are ALL about good vs evil and redemption. those are clearly defined things in star wars

Jive Turkey

Karen
There's an hour long Behind the Scenes Season 2 episode up on Disney+ now. Love watching those things.

edit: someone already mentioned that. Was just trying to right the ship

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
So, finished Rebels, and at the end, Sabine leaves with Ahsoka to find Ezra. Possible tie in to the Ahsoka show? Ezra disappeared with Thrawn and in Mandalorian Ahsoka was looking for Thrawn.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So, finished Rebels, and at the end, Sabine leaves with Ahsoka to find Ezra. Possible tie in to the Ahsoka show? Ezra disappeared with Thrawn and in Mandalorian Ahsoka was looking for Thrawn.
35c52796db52a94ca0be5556317ce139.gif

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Filoni mentioned that Mandalorian may take place before that Rebels end scene. I have a feeling we wil get a more concrete idea of what is going on in the Ahsoka show. Which means that Thrawn made it back from where ever they went and Ezra is still off somewhere.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
are the behind the scenes episodes available on the usual sites? digging but querying behind the scenes hits nothing.

edit: Got it. Ep 2 isn't up yet, just 1.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I just wanted to point out and laugh at the main picture and it's description.
24STAR-WARS-WOMEN1-superJumbo.jpg

Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm story group. “As a writer I was very hungry to create female characters who felt real,” she said.

While sitting next to Kylo Ren's helmet. Holy shit it all makes sense now, Kylo ren was a female character. The sequels would have been 10x better if kylo had been a pretty girl.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users