The Mandalorian

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just wanted to point out and laugh at the main picture and it's description.
24STAR-WARS-WOMEN1-superJumbo.jpg

Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm story group. “As a writer I was very hungry to create female characters who felt real,” she said.

While sitting next to Kylo Ren's helmet. Holy shit it all makes sense now, Kylo ren was a female character. The sequels would have been 10x better if kylo had been a pretty girl.

She was let go quietly after TLJ and moved to "consultant", and subsequently relocated to an office near Lord and Miller's Lucas Film offices (Lord and Miller were done with Solo but were still under contract and had office space, so moving her there is similar to putting her on the shelf). Her consulting contract was just a soft goodbye.

It was a 2 year deal. I think she's completely gone from Lucas Film now.

The blame for TLJ largely fell to Kiri Hart for whatever reason. Iger wanted heads to roll, heads rolled. That's a personal friend of Kennedy that Kennedy had to fire.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just wanted to point out and laugh at the main picture and it's description.
24STAR-WARS-WOMEN1-superJumbo.jpg

Kiri Hart, head of the Lucasfilm story group. “As a writer I was very hungry to create female characters who felt real,” she said.

While sitting next to Kylo Ren's helmet. Holy shit it all makes sense now, Kylo ren was a female character. The sequels would have been 10x better if kylo had been a pretty girl.
I can't belive that anyone thought that Rey "felt real".

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Well, sure, every Grrrrl Pwrr!!! can find her inner Tigress and then be able to do every thing *THE BESTEST EVAR* /doomcock without any training because the Force's pronouns are blargleblargle <gag> <cough>. Most. REAL. Thing. ever.

As opposed to Star Wars already having a trendsetting groundbreaking feminist character who appealed to both men and women in Leia.

The other thread, right. But at the heart of this divide is how different the Mandalorian used its female characters in a way that didn't really seem gratuitous, that provided the same (or actually far better examples) of female characters that should have served the same intended purpose, only better. Those characters felt far more real, and their victories felt more warranted and earned than any moment of the Sequel Trilogy.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sheis real you sexist haters, you just dont get it, it's mean't to be deep and shit.

She is the real queen.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Yeah it was funny on more than one level.

I'm trying to think of any female characters who did feel real. Carrie Fisher's daughter. Mas canata. Is that it? They fucked up leia.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah it was funny on more than one level.

I'm trying to think of any female characters who did feel real. Carrie Fisher's daughter. Mas canata. Is that it? They fucked up leia.

Admiral Purple acted just like how I expect a real female Admiral would act -- like a complete cunt. Forum navy bros can chime in, going from my AF experience.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Admiral Purple acted just like how I expect a real female Admiral would act -- like a complete cunt. Forum navy bros can chime in, going from my AF experience.
I mean it's like anyone else, some good, some bad. She's definitely shit though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
are the behind the scenes episodes available on the usual sites? digging but querying behind the scenes hits nothing.

edit: Got it. Ep 2 isn't up yet, just 1.
There's only a single Disney Gallery episode for the entire season 2 this year. Its not a series like last season

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the christian mantra is very in line with fantasy stories. i'm a christian, so i'm not trying to say that christianity is fantasy, just that the tenants are ALL about good vs evil and redemption. those are clearly defined things in star wars
star wars is about white ppl samurais dude

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
There's no aliens or black people who weild the force or laser swords at all. Ever.

Maybe there are, but they all eventually got whipped by white dudes. Some of the white dudes weren't even force users, just soldiers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm pretty sure George Lucas' reply to what star wars is about is Space Wizards fighting space Vietnam and American Imperialism, with a splash of Nazis.
nah, the reason we have Star Wars is because Lucas wanted to remake Flash Gordon, he tried buying the rights to it and the owner said, NO. so he did the next best thing and made his own Flash Gordon. then when it was a big fucking hit. the people who owned Flash Gordon realized they dun goofed and sold the rights to FG to make more than the 0 they made when Lucas approached them. i dont think there is any Vietnam vibe in the entire trilogy other than Vietnam was the most recent war, so maybe people thought about the two. this was definitely a good vs evil story with not so subtle hints at space nazis.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That is not "the current star wars writing staff". First off, I see KKK there and she's not a writer. Second, that's for like the high republic IIRC which has been scrubbed. I think. Even if it hasn't, It is not the writing staff for mandalorian. At best it's the writing staff for one project. But more likely it's all the girls working on one particular project because no one wanted to see a picture of the dudes. 4 of them are fuckable. At least 2 more were fuckable 10-20 years ago.
Kennedy has a story crew that ostensibly gets to approve or disapprove anything. Thats them. Its the reason JJ bailed out after E7, the original guys with the darker story noped out of Solo, and why a ton of stuff in E9 was cut and or reshot. They basically made some sort of deal where KKK gets to claim exec producer on shit she has no part of, but her woke squad cannot filter or even examine anything done by Filoni and Favereau. Its why exactly one of her shows is making it past early development, because every single thing that crew of cat ladies touched turned into shit and KKK gave them more power the more they failed. The fact that the stupid feminazi behind that recent WW disaster is doing Rogue Squadron makes me want to vomit in my mouth, but at least the cancer is now contained to one or two shows. You can just see that vapid cunt ooze with resentment when she had to pitch the new shows and tried to act like she had any hand in this revitalization. And less than half that gaggle of shews has any real writing experience. In fact most are social science "experts" purely there to push that force is female shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
nah, the reason we have Star Wars is because Lucas wanted to remake Flash Gordon, he tried buying the rights to it and the owner said, NO. so he did the next best thing and made his own Flash Gordon. then when it was a big fucking hit. the people who owned Flash Gordon realized they dun goofed and sold the rights to FG to make more than the 0 they made when Lucas approached them. i dont think there is any Vietnam vibe in the entire trilogy other than Vietnam was the most recent war, so maybe people thought about the two. this was definitely a good vs evil story with not so subtle hints at space nazis.
This is what I am referencing, its a recent interview (relatively speaking), so he could be talking out his ass in reflection of his own legend, I guess

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is what I am referencing, its a recent interview (relatively speaking), so he could be talking out his ass in reflection of his own legend, I guess

Yeah, lucas is a fucking liar. Back in the 70s and 80s he just wanted to make movies about stuff he enjoyed growing up, like serials or humphrey bogart films, it shows in his work.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, lucas is a fucking liar. Back in the 70s and 80s he just wanted to make movies about stuff he enjoyed growing up, like serials or humphrey bogart films, it shows in his work.

Agree Lucas deludes himself and he has been doing it for a long time. Fortunately for us, crazy people make good movies.

• 2Like