The Mandalorian

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i'm not being a dick, i like a curvy woman. i think she looked fine in season 1 mando. she looked fine in season 2 mando, but she was riding that line from thicc to actually fat/chunky. she doesnt have to go full UFC competitive, she just needs to skip a few second breakfasts and elevensies.
Eh different strokes for different folks. I think she's fine for her role. Her fighting and shit still looks fine. She's still doing take downs and rolls, so meh. We have a few in here that think unless chicks look like rail thin waifs they are morbidly obese.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm down for a brute sized woman smashing shit. That was always her thing. As long as she's not fat, just big, it's all good. She's definitely on the bulk size, especially with all that armor padded on. Her arms aren't whipping in the wind, if that makes sense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So.. in canon Luke and Ahsoka haven't met yet. I highly doubt that Filoni is gonna let that event go by. I'd like to see Luke and Ahsoka meet so that she can find out that Anakin was redeemed. Maybe use that as her push to become an actual Jedi again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Well, I'd say a series about Old Republic era would be a good direction to go.. you can introduce new villains, new characters without any link to preexisting stories so you're free to kill anyone, etc... but this looks like the wrong approach here. This trailer gives a very much young-adult vibe, almost cartoony (and not just because it's artwork). I'm not optimistic about that one, doesn't seem quite in the same range as other upcoming shows.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i figure this can go in here too. The SJW Saga that no one asked for

Guaranteed flop
"Thousands of years before..." ...what?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i figure this can go in here too. The SJW Saga that no one asked for

Guaranteed flop
Books, comics, and magazines. No mention of movies or TV. So basically they gave this a death slot before it got started. The biggest draw this whole thing has is young Yoda.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haywire Gina is pretty hot too

Gina-Carano-at-Haywire-Premiere-in-Los-Angeles-1.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I have a hard time seeing him as Thrawn. They should just get Lars Mikkelson, who voiced Thrawn in Rebels, or Mads Mikkelson if they feel they need a bigger actor.

He’s a good actor. He’ll make you see him as whatever he’s casted for.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Books, comics, and magazines. No mention of movies or TV. So basically they gave this a death slot before it got started. The biggest draw this whole thing has is young Yoda.
That's not totally accurate. The Acolyte series they announced for Disney+ occurs at the end of the High Republic era. I'm actually hopeful for this push, it smacks of the care and threads being interwoven that are very evident in the Mandalorian.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
"Thousands of years before..." ...what?

200 years before the OT era, ending 50 years before the Prequel era.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm down for a brute sized woman smashing shit. That was always her thing. As long as she's not fat, just big, it's all good. She's definitely on the bulk size, especially with all that armor padded on. Her arms aren't whipping in the wind, if that makes sense.
exactly, it makes sense to use huge men to convey a sense of brute strength, so it should be the same for women. You can't look like Paris hilton and kick ass like Rambo. Gina is great in her role.

Fadaar

That guy
I have a hard time seeing him as Thrawn. They should just get Lars Mikkelson, who voiced Thrawn in Rebels, or Mads Mikkelson if they feel they need a bigger actor.

My issue with him (edit: RDJ) as Thrawn would be his voice. After watching Rebels I would also prefer Mikkelson for continuity sake. Continue the animated to live action carryover that started with Forest Whitaker and Katee Sackhoff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Would be something cool about RDJ going from the MCU's biggest hero to the SWU's biggest (current) villain. Should bring in Josh Brolin as a good guy.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
If for some reason they ever cast for Kallus he'd be a good fit. Already has ties to Thrawn and is former ISB.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mean she's never gonna get back to UFC shape. She's on record as saying she hated that and it was why she failed to make weight a few times. The most you can hope for is her getting back to how she looked as Crush.

View attachment 326865
I didn't mind the fat as much as the corset she wore was so tight she had to waddle when she walked. You know if you cut one of those steel bands in that corset it'd blow up into a huge gut. Just let the gut out, Gina.

200.gif

Last edited:
  • 1I Came

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thrawn is an easy character to play. Easy voice and mannerisms. Always collected, always calm.

RDJ could do it of course. So could a rando you don't have to shovel $$$ at and then be stuck with a big name actor while you're trying to ride the franchise on the shoulders of a character who can always come back from heroic defeats after looking at a couple statues.

I think a rando actor would be best, but Michael Fassbender and Anthony Starr would be great too. The Mandalorian: 10 Actors Who Could Play Grand Admiral Thrawn In The Series

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't mind the fat as much as the corset she wore was so tight she had to waddle when she walked. You know if you cut one of those steel bands in that corset it'd blow up into a huge gut. Just let the gut out, Gina.

200.gif
foler would faint