The Mandalorian

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grez

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed the first season *of Mandalorian, is the 2nd worth watching?

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I enjoyed the first season *of Mandalorian, is the 2nd worth watching?
source.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
God damn, finally got around to watching this and aside from the terrible second episode, this was pretty amazing. The first season was really just 'at least this isnt as bad as the sequels' but the second season is just plain good watching. What a fucking finale too. I was really expected Bo-Katan to flip out and attack our boy for the darksaber but then super droids and 'oh great a single x-wing'

Really have to say though, my single favorite thing in the entire season was the revelation that the main character was indeed raised in some crazy fringe cult and that they hadn't thrown out all the Mandalorian culture established by Filoni in Clone Wars and Rebels.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, I'd say a series about Old Republic era would be a good direction to go.. you can introduce new villains, new characters without any link to preexisting stories so you're free to kill anyone, etc... but this looks like the wrong approach here. This trailer gives a very much young-adult vibe, almost cartoony (and not just because it's artwork). I'm not optimistic about that one, doesn't seem quite in the same range as other upcoming shows.
Its in line with all of the non-Favreau produced writing currently in the Star Wars universe, and pretty much all comic writing now. I think Feige has a gift for reigning in the juvenile writing tendencies you see in media today (...and that's a good thing!!!! - that shit is what i'm talking about) for Marvel too. I guess the dialogue in the new trilogy wasn't overly juvenile, but the plot points were bereft of mature writing.....

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Blows my mind The Force Awakens came out in Dec 15. It's 5 fucking years old. Guardians of the Galaxy came out like 15 months before it. Imagine not giving the franchise over to the dude that made Into Darkness.

In less than 5 years they managed to nearly destroy the franchise. Then Jon Favreau came along and saved their asses. They'd have to be absolutely retarded not to give him more control.
In some ways, Favreau helped save Marvel too (with obviously Feige's vision) since he directed Iron Man 1 and 2 (debate 2...but yes). Disney really should have tapped him for the sequel trilogy and let him help write it. Hindsight.

Cybsled

I think she has a lot of misguided/dumb views, but the cancel culture bullshit surrounding it is fucking stupid. It's like a SJW version of the McCarthy communist witch hunts.

I have noticed she has been much quieter on Twitter in terms of expressing those views lately, so I suspect she has been told to tone it down by her employers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
another solid +++ recommendation to watch Clone Wars if you've never seen it. I finished all 7 seasons (last 3 are shorter) and the last 3 episodes... goddamn. It really sets up a great foundation for all these future TV shows, I know a lot more about Ahsoka, the Bad Batch, clone troopers, etc and loved the series. Got me to even rewatch the prequels this week and i gotta say... you know, they aren't that bad. I guess TLJ/ROS makes you realize how shitty Star Wars movies COULD be.

Just got Rebels left and then I'm all caught up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
another solid +++ recommendation to watch Clone Wars if you've never seen it. I finished all 7 seasons (last 3 are shorter) and the last 3 episodes... goddamn. It really sets up a great foundation for all these future TV shows, I know a lot more about Ahsoka, the Bad Batch, clone troopers, etc and loved the series. Got me to even rewatch the prequels this week and i gotta say... you know, they aren't that bad. I guess TLJ/ROS makes you realize how shitty Star Wars movies COULD be.

Rebels takes a season to get going, but is great as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rebels was strictly scheduled by Disney in season 1 to run episodes until Thanksgiving and then take a break while the first TFA teaser and other franchise materials dropped aftter. The show didn't connect to any existing canon until that point so you can tell the exact episode they were allowed to branch out with cameos and recognizable faces.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I tried to get in to Clone Wars back before it left Netflix and stopped at maybe 4 or 5 episodes in. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like a single thing about it either. It had absolutely no entertainment value for me whatsoever.

I did watch the entire first season of Rebels, but didn't really care enough about it to continue.

Fadaar

That guy
I tried to get in to Clone Wars back before it left Netflix and stopped at maybe 4 or 5 episodes in. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like a single thing about it either. It had absolutely no entertainment value for me whatsoever.

I did watch the entire first season of Rebels, but didn't really care enough about it to continue.

Find an episode guide and try it again. First season was shit, and most everyone who's watched the series will agree. There's a lot of really dumb filler/kiddy episodes. Could probably cull it down to 60-70% of the episodes being worth watching.