The Mandalorian

Jive Turkey

Karen
He used his bodybuilding money to buy real estate and made tons of money flipping buildings.
Seems like a waste to destroy them like that, but I guess they're his and he can do what he wants with them

Last edited:
  • 9Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like a waste to destroy them like that, but I guess they're his an he can do what he wants with them
The only person who should be more embarrassed than you for making this awful joke is me for laughing at it so hard.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
Disney CEO talked briefly about Carano firing in their quarterly shareholder meeting

Kinda fascinating to hear him say they hold universal values, but of course everyone knows that Chinese universal values are vastly different than European, American, or Middle Eastern "universal values".

Like the ridiculous thing this week is the chick voicing Raya (Kelly Tran, the fattie in TLJ) saying she played the character as if she was a lesbian, and gets bravo applause on social media for it, while the reality is that there is ZERO sexuality in the movie because China would ban the movie in a heartbeat if there was. But sure, thats some universal value going on there.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Two Mandalorian novels cancelled. Very highly anticipated books.

Publishers said books are cancelled.

1615357111824.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm hearing on the podcast that Obi-Wan shooting date was pushed ahead of Mandalorian Season 3.

Trying to get credible confirmation via Disney's own schedule that Mandalorian S3 will not begin shooting as planned on April 5th 2021. If anyone has it, post it.

Books cancelled, and along with Obi-Wan becoming priority can mean a few different things.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm hearing on the podcast that Obi-Wan shooting date was pushed ahead of Mandalorian Season 3.

Trying to get credible confirmation via Disney's own schedule that Mandalorian S3 did not begin shooting as planned on April 5th 2021. If anyone has it, post it.

Books cancelled, and along with Obi-Wan becoming priority can mean a few different things.
i thought it was already in pre-production. i can understand why they might delay shooting due to one of their main speaking characters being fired 2 months before shooting and no replacement is planned.

Cybsled

Books being canceled means Cara Dune was in them as a central protagonist I would guess

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Meanwhile, author Adam Christopher was slated to write an original novel set in The Mandalorian timeline, and that, too, has been canceled – or perhaps indefinitely delayed. As you can see from the tweet, Christopher is already hard at work on a different Star Wars-related book from Del Ray, so hopefully fans of his won’t have to wait too long for more information about that.
Reading between the lines, these cancelations (or delays, or whatever they end up being) seem like a direct result of Lucasfilm’s decision to use The Mandalorian as a jumping-off point for more Star Wars shows set in a galaxy far, far away. At last December’s investor event, Disney announced two Mandalorian spin-offs: there’s Rangers of the New Republic, which reportedly was going to star Gina Carano’s Cara Dune character before the company parted ways with Carano over her social media posts. And there’s also Ahsoka, which will follow Rosario Dawson’s Ahsoka Tano character in live-action that’s set within the timeline of The Mandalorian. And don’t forget about The Book of Boba Fett, which debuts later this year, and The Mandalorian season 3, which will drop at some point in 2022.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i thought it was already in pre-production. i can understand why they might delay shooting due to one of their main speaking characters being fired 2 months before shooting and no replacement is planned.

As I'm sure you know, pre-production =/= shooting. They had a firm April 5th shooting date, and I'm hearing shooting for Mandalorian Season 3 has been pushed behind schedule in favor of Obi-wan.

That would mean Favreau and Filoni are shelved. This would also jive with Bob Chapek's recent praise of Kathleen as a creator-- thereby prioritizing one of her shows in "Obi-Wan".

Things aren't looking good for Favreau Star Wars right now.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is a war of attrition at the moment. Favreau canned a bunch of writers that KK planted on his project to carry her agenda. One of them is going to end up getting fired. I guess we will see if the Wokesters or the Shekel Counters win this one.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Like the ridiculous thing this week is the chick voicing Raya (Kelly Tran, the fattie in TLJ) saying she played the character as if she was a lesbian,

Which character? Didn't the fatty in TLJ have the hots for finn?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i imagine raya and the last dragon,

and i could see it, when i watched it, it was not obvious but a few things there tone of voice etc etc.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
As I'm sure you know, pre-production =/= shooting. They had a firm April 5th shooting date, and I'm hearing shooting for Mandalorian Season 3 has been pushed behind schedule in favor of Obi-wan.

That would mean Favreau and Filoni are shelved. This would also jive with Bob Chapek's recent praise of Kathleen as a creator-- thereby prioritizing one of her shows in "Obi-Wan".

Things aren't looking good for Favreau Star Wars right now.

They don't like money? Mandalorian is the most successful and loved Star Wars live action since the OT. These people are fucking idiots

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
It is a war of attrition at the moment. Favreau canned a bunch of writers that KK planted on his project to carry her agenda. One of them is going to end up getting fired. I guess we will see if the Wokesters or the Shekel Counters win this one.
Sneak preview. The Mandalorian, season 3.

tryyut6.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Yeah there's speculation Favreau could say fuck it and walk after the Book of Boba Fett debuts this December 2021. Others think he will take the heat and has longevity.

I could see Favreau walking at some point.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure if at any point Favreau is truly unhappy he will leave, it's not like he won't find work somewhere else. So as long as he remains I am hopeful it's because he's happy with what he can do and we'll get quality stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Bollywood / india had some, iirc. Like super cgi in the backwards india setting, which is hilarious and also sorta unintended Fallout’ish. Or was that movies? Shrug.