The Mandalorian

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It is a war of attrition at the moment. Favreau canned a bunch of writers that KK planted on his project to carry her agenda. One of them is going to end up getting fired. I guess we will see if the Wokesters or the Shekel Counters win this one.

It just seems insane to me that KK is tolerated. She's a cancer driving away actual talent that has made them billions. Meanwhile, she has missed expected return windows for every property she's been given.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's what happens when you polish the knobs of Spielberg and Lucas for a few years. The great irony of this feminist shit with her is that she got where she being a cock holder for two other successful men and used the pussy pass to press her way into power. I mean she literally bullied Spielberg on the set of her first job, so you know what kind of harpy she probably is. And we already know she throws around the metoo card brazenly against Iger to keep her power.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

That’s just corporations in general. Who knows who and whether or not whatever metric they are using to demonstrate success (even if the metric data is flawed) impresses whoever keeps them in power or lets them climb the rungs

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If anyone had an idea for an unapologetically male sci fi franchise, now's the time to strike
Not sci-fi, but I feel like both the Expendables and the John Wick movies more or less tapped into this mentality. Its like they forget how much money they can make if they cater to men who actually pay for the product. And we have been through this before in other genres of entertainment, with something catching fire with the audience and the wokesters immediately moving in on it to take over (300 vs Rise of an Empire, first couple Apatow flicks before Leslie Mann put his balls in her purse) and killing the trend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That’s just corporations in general. Who knows who and whether or not whatever metric they are using to demonstrate success (even if the metric data is flawed) impresses whoever keeps them in power or lets them climb the rungs
Sure, but Disney is arguably one of the largest in the world who's actions are mostly publicly visible. People can see Get Woke Go Broke on a collosal scale here. They can see with their own eyes all the blackwashing and deterioration of the product in real time with their own eyes. And for corps the only metric of success is money. KK is a proven loser, burning down a 4 billion dollar IP in under five years. Favreau is the guy who kicked off the Marvel Universe and managed (along with Feige) to put Star Wars back on track from the state she left it in. She is failing upward and not winning on any sort of merit (if she is indeed winning at all) and will kill the golden goose (Feige verse SW) in its crib just when the Mouse needs a win the most. Ordinarily, I would expect the shekel counters to prevail, but it is entirely possible that her SJW base has infested it so much that the parasite has effectively destroyed the host.

I guess we will find out.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Kennedy probably has dirt on some higher-ups from sleeping her way to the top. No matter how much money she loses them, they won't risk their own asses over it.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not sci-fi, but I feel like both the Expendables and the John Wick movies more or less tapped into this mentality. Its like they forget how much money they can make if they cater to men who actually pay for the product. And we have been through this before in other genres of entertainment, with something catching fire with the audience and the wokesters immediately moving in on it to take over (300 vs Rise of an Empire, first couple Apatow flicks before Leslie Mann put his balls in her purse) and killing the trend.
People are absolutely craving shit that is unapologetically violent, nudity, bad language, etc. Look at how well the Deadpool franchise has done - it has less to do with how "good" those movies actually are and everything to do with the fact that they are unapologetically crude, violent, and crass. There is a fucking veritable goldmine out there waiting to be tapped with hard R movies. I have a feeling that Mortal Kombat is going to do amazingly well for precisely the same reason Deadpool was so successful.
Kennedy probably has dirt on some higher-ups from sleeping her way to the top. No matter how much money she loses them, they won't risk their own asses over it.
There's likely something dark there. Either Weinstein level or kid fucking. It has to be something that isn't just career altering, but life destroying. There is no way their metrics team is looking at her as "successful", but keeping her "happy" and losing millions/billions is better than having your life destroyed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Not sci-fi, but I feel like both the Expendables and the John Wick movies more or less tapped into this mentality. Its like they forget how much money they can make if they cater to men who actually pay for the product.

It's a nice thought, but Captain Marvel made more money than all of the Expendables AND all of the John Wicks combined.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's a nice thought, but Captain Marvel made more money than all of the Expendables AND all of the John Wicks combined.
thats not because it was so fucking awesome. its because it was promoted as being integral to Avengers:Endgame. there was also a lot of weird shit going on where theaters were sold out but nobody was showing up to actually watch the film. it wasnt just one person reporting that and it wasnt some youtube rumor. anyway, any MCU film preceding Endgame was guaranteed to sell big. even a boring shitbomb like Captain Marvel.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bollywood / india had some, iirc. Like super cgi in the backwards india setting, which is hilarious and also sorta unintended Fallout’ish. Or was that movies? Shrug.

The 3PO character is amazing!

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yall are Crazy, Arnold is a staple in the movie world. Short of beating on women and raping children actors like him get a pass for fucking up. Got a childhood filled with his movies, all good times.

Lets hope this Gina canceled bullshit actually changes how those making the decision think and realize the woke crowd is just the loudest minority.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yall are Crazy, Arnold is a staple in the movie world. Short of beating on women and raping children actors like him get a pass for fucking up. Got a childhood filled with his movies, all good times.

Lets hope this Gina canceled bullshit actually changes how those making the decision think and realize the woke crowd is just the loudest minority.
aside from the Terminator knockoffs and the expendables movies. what if anything of substance has Arnie been in since he left office?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
aside from the Terminator knockoffs and the expendables movies. what if anything of substance has Arnie been in since he left office?
My point is who cares what he has done lately. Total Recall will be in my brain forever, or at least 2 weeks.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean, but that's just a normal part of aging. James earl jones is still awesome, but he's old and doesn't have that menacing gravitas of vader anymore. Bruce willis isn't john maclaine, arnold isn't conan, danny glover isnt murtaugh.

On top of that, remember that these guys are all glorified theatre geeks. I bet every single one of them knows all the words to Hamilton.