The Mandalorian

spronk

FPS noob
im gonna watch all the animated stuff this year including Droids and even the 90s Ewoks shit, there is also a fuck ton of Lego Star Wars animated stuff lol

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just checked, you're spot on. Haven't seen Rebels but the consensus above is I'm missing out.
I'll echo what i've said before about the series, basically the first 9 episodes were meant as introduction, then the TFA trailer dropped, and following that they immediately jumped into a wider universe with familiar characters and guest stars. Very scheduled and planned as to when they were allowed to reach out and touch existing canon.

Then Filoni fought with Kennedy multiple times as the seasons went on and he tied in more existing material that everyone liked, most especially Thrawn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It'd suck ass-- but I don't know who else could get their arm twisted into sitting in makeup for Disney+ (for now, with a few movies on the horizon)

If they want a known actor.. which it seems they do.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If that angry sumbitch Rooker can sit patiently all day while they turn him into Yondu, then Cumberbatch can too. That part is him being silly, if the script say he blue, then he be blue
Michael Rooker doesn't have half the world saying 'Hey, Michael Rooker would be perfect for this role'.

Goatface

I wonder if nowadays they could just CGI a character blue. At the least you wouldn't need to be painted blue, you'd have to wear a mocap outfit. Although I assume the Ahsoka outfit is practical makeup, not CGI.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Articles going around that Lucasfilm warned Rosario Dawson about watching what she posts and says on social media now.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reporting on the book cancellations. Head of story group was doing the visual guide.

Pablo has previously attacked fans of Luke/Favreau Star Wars on twitter-- and/or mocked them.

1615753915906.png

That was probably the easiest cancellation Lucas Film has ever done. Pablo has no love for "old Star Wars", and when he was pressed 2 years ago about what happened to Kiri Hart (his precedessor and head of story group) he gave a smartass answer, despite her having essentially been fired after TLJ. It's clear where his loyalties lie at this point.

Fucker

Log Wizard
If that angry sumbitch Rooker can sit patiently all day while they turn him into Yondu, then Cumberbatch can too. That part is him being silly, if the script say he blue, then he be blue
He has his pick of roles.

I wouldn't want to show up on set at 5AM for hours of makeup either.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, regular makeup and being turned into an alien are the same thing.
well, in the case of Yondu he probably has a shitload of other things he has to apply other than just some blue facepaint. he has different color contacts. false teeth and then the antenna rig on top of his head.
iu

Thrawn is just blue makeup and maybe contacts, although CGI glowing red eyes would be a better option.
iu

they will be applying makeup regardless. he simply doesnt want to be blue.

Sterling

El Presidente
well, in the case of Yondu he probably has a shitload of other things he has to apply other than just some blue facepaint. he has different color contacts. false teeth and then the antenna rig on top of his head.
iu

Thrawn is just blue makeup and maybe contacts, although CGI glowing red eyes would be a better option.
iu

they will be applying makeup regardless. he simply doesnt want to be blue.
It's still going to be way more involved than regular makeup. Unless the goal is just to roll out as some blue man group shit.

tobias funke ad GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users