The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's still going to be way more involved than regular makeup. Unless the goal is just to roll out as some blue man group shit.

tobias funke ad GIF
i guess it depends on the artist. ive seen videos of clowns applying their greasepaint and there is a lot to it, but it doesnt have to take a long time depending on the layering and shading. that blue man group dude probably spent 10 minutes. normal actors can spend hours just making themselves look a certain way. i dont see the difference the color blue would make. we arent taking about prosthetics and latex.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
we arent taking about prosthetics and latex.
I'm 99% sure you've previously admitted to never watching the Star Wars cartoons, so maybe stop acting like an authority on how much work it would take to make Cumberbatch look like Thrawn.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm 99% sure you've previously admitted to never watching the Star Wars cartoons, so maybe stop acting like an authority on how much work it would take to make Cumberbatch look like Thrawn.
ok so he would need prosthetics and latex? if i'm wrong i'm sure youll be happy to inform me.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
ok so he would need prosthetics and latex? if i'm wrong i'm sure youll be happy to inform me.
Guy is an A lister who has his own starring role in a Marvel franchise, and has carried multiple blockbuster films and top notch series. What part of all that would make him want to spend 5-6 hours a day in a makeup chair just to be a B list baddie for Mando?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Guy is an A lister who has his own starring role in a Marvel franchise, and has carried multiple blockbuster films and top notch series. What part of all that would make him want to spend 5-6 hours a day in a makeup chair just to be a B list baddie for Mando?
absolutely nothing, i guess i wasnt making myself clear the first dozen times. i said he had no desire to be blue. he would still be in makeup for hours, blue, black or flesh tone, its still hours in makeup. he just doesnt want to be blue. there is no reason to make up other excuses for it.

"That’s a straight no from me, right now," Cumberbatch told Collider. "There’s no way I want to be turned blue. I turned the air blue, very recently. No no, seriously, I have precious time with my children and I think sitting in a makeup chair and being painted blue, and the amount of time it would take to do that and then take it off at the end of the day might just… it’s not the right time in my life for that."

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm not really sure how you think that regular makeup and being turned into an alien is the same thing. an hour or whatever in the chair vs 5 or 6 hours isn't the same thing.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
absolutely nothing, i guess i wasnt making myself clear the first dozen times. i said he had no desire to be blue. he would still be in makeup for hours, blue, black or flesh tone, its still hours in makeup. he just doesnt want to be blue. there is no reason to make up other excuses for it.
You have never done any acting, obviously. There is a marked difference in the amount of work it would take to make an entirely alien hue look natural vs just putting on a little regular makeup to look normal under the bright lights. As in hours of work every day beyond what a normal role would take.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not really sure how you think that regular makeup and being turned into an alien is the same thing. an hour or whatever in the chair vs 5 or 6 hours isn't the same thing.
he didnt say he had a problem with being turned into an alien, he said he had a problem being turned blue. he literally says those exact words.
You have never done any acting, obviously. There is a marked difference in the amount of work it would take to make an entirely alien hue look natural vs just putting on a little regular makeup to look normal under the bright lights. As in hours of work every day beyond what a normal role would take.
it depends on how big a role he would have. since he would be a guest villain he could probably shoot all his scenes in a few days. the thing is, its not spending hours in makeup. its him being turned blue that he says isnt worth his time. i dont blame him, he's a big star and he thinks a really big star. why would he a very serious and important person like him stoop so low to be turned into a clown in blue? nah dude is right.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
it depends on how big a role he would have. since he would be a guest villain he could probably shoot all his scenes in a few days. the thing is, its not spending hours in makeup. its him being turned blue that he says isnt worth his time. i dont blame him, he's a big star and he thinks a really big star. why would he a very serious and important person like him stoop so low to be turned into a clown in blue? nah dude is right.
Do you think Jennifer Lawrence wanted out of X-Men because she specifically didn't want to be blue, or because of the amount of time her makeup took? Like would she have been down with it if Mystique was purple instead of blue?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you think Jennifer Lawrence wanted out of X-Men because she specifically didn't want to be blue, or because of the amount of time her makeup took? Like would she have been down with it if Mystique was purple instead of blue?
what i think doesnt matter, its literally a quote from the man himself.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
what i think doesnt matter, its literally a quote from the man himself.
"precious time with my children" " the amount of time it would take to do that and then take it off at the end of the day"

So tell me, is it about the color or the time investment?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
"precious time with my children" " the amount of time it would take to do that and then take it off at the end of the day"

"That’s a straight no from me, right now," Cumberbatch told Collider. "There’s no way I want to be turned blue. I turned the air blue, very recently. No no, seriously, I have precious time with my children and I think sitting in a makeup chair and being painted blue, and the amount of time it would take to do that and then take it off at the end of the day might just… it’s not the right time in my life for that."

Sterling

El Presidente
He only mentioned the blue thing because the interviewer did. He then went on to talk about it being bad because of the amount of time he'd be spending getting the makeup put on.

Sterling

El Presidente

If it was red or green and not blue it wouldn't matter if it took 16 hours a day.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He only mentioned the blue thing because the interviewer did. He then went on to talk about it being bad because of the amount of time he'd be spending getting the makeup put on.
right, he said he didnt have time to be painted blue because of the time he has to spend with his children. no blue for him. glad we can finally agree on this.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems pretty clear it's about the time investment. Can't seriously think it's just about the blue thing, I hope.

Sterling

El Presidente
right, he said he didnt have time to be painted blue because of the time he has to spend with his children. no blue for him. glad we can finally agree on this.
Which would literally apply to any other random not normal color of makeup. which was the point that was brought up when you tried to make it sound like regular makeup and being turned into an alien were equal time commitments. don't go full retard with this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Which would literally apply to any other random not normal color of makeup. which was the point that was brought up when you tried to make it sound like regular makeup and being turned into an alien were equal time commitments. don't go full retard with this.
ok let me ask you this. how long do you think it took to paint Rosario Dawson orange for Ahsoka?

Goatface

well, in the case of Yondu he probably has a shitload of other things he has to apply other than just some blue facepaint. he has different color contacts. false teeth and then the antenna rig on top of his head.
iu

Thrawn is just blue makeup and maybe contacts, although CGI glowing red eyes would be a better option.
iu

they will be applying makeup regardless. he simply doesnt want to be blue.
rooker said it took 2.5 hours for makeup and 30 mins for the costume, 30-45min to get out of it and cleaned up.

1615788240407.png

to get that very alien look will be a lot of prosthetics