The Mandalorian

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shadows of the Empire video game gave Boba Fett a resurgence of popularity in the 1990s if I remember correctly.

That fight was intense at the time. Gets my adrenaline up even though the video sucks. The mechanics of that game were very wonky. You never felt fully in crisp control. I can feel it in my gut, all comes rushing back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
how was he awesome? he tracked Han's ship, then Vader captured Han and handed him over to Boba. then Boba got his dumb ass tossed into the Sarlak pit because his rockets malfunctioned.
iu

was there an awesome i missed?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think people liked Boba because his name was Boba. i had a friend who was all about the Hammerhead. i was like who? he was like, Hammerhead, dude, he rocks! i rolled my eyes at him like i'm doing right now at Boba Fat. Greedo i felt was pretty cool, he had a cool name and should have gotten more screen time.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i think people liked Boba because his name was Boba. i had a friend who was all about the Hammerhead. i was like who? he was like, Hammerhead, dude, he rocks! i rolled my eyes at him like i'm doing right now at Boba Fat.

Now that's a horse of a different color. I don't know how Boba Fat will be received.

Least we know he's got the appetite to fill the shoes in Huttown after he takes over.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Now that's a horse of a different color. I don't know how Boba Fat will be received.

Least we know he's got the appetite to fill the shoes in Huttown after he takes over.
actually i like fat Boba, the spare tire gives him added character. he definitely was more "fleshed out" in the Mando show. too bad i'm going to miss his spinoff show.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Boba was popular because he was a shadowy figure that people feared and you briefly see him in the movies before the sarlac pit scene. Plus his name was cool.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its a shame they killed off Jango so easily for Samuel L. Jackson to look cool, he was an actual badass. He was pretty good in Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i never assume my feelings are mainstream anymore since im old AF and nobody cares what i think but fans seem to love the idea of Book of Boba Fett

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Remember back before empire came out, the rumor was RAMPANT in the magazine's that Boba was actually Luke's father. That was the origin of his popularity, that and the cool armor.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
People liked Boba Fett because:

1) He just looked cool
2) He had the stones to get lippy with Vader in Empire and Vader had enough respect for the guy to not just force choke him like a bitch in return.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bobafett's popularity was pretty organic given his limited tole but makes sense. He's the badass bounty hunter with a Corinthian helmet and a bunch of gadgets in a space western.

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Was a pretty good book too.

Missed opportunity by Lucas to not produce the movie. Not many people know Shadows was not just a novel, but a massive multimedia franchise authorized by Lucas. Video games, novel, immense merchandise push, trading card games, you name it. It was a big deal and had a lot of backing by George. You would need to sacrifice some story due to the age of the actors at the time in 1996 but it was possible to do the movie and still keep a lot of the plot points. The script was good enough to overlook the age discrepancies any of the main characters would have.

It'd still make a good movie once Disney cuts loose with the recastings for all the new Disney+ series coming out. Luke's upcoming appearance both movie and Disney+ series, and Mara Jade et al. Once the door is fully open on recastings, maybe a revisit to Shadows of the Empire setting will happen. Dash Rendar being the white male lead the franchise pines for. After the woke settles we could see a depiction, as Star Wars moves into a post-Han Solo climate as Harrison Ford retires from acting. Dash is the go-to to fill the shoes and an opportunity for an original casting of that archetype.

The reason the door wasn't open to recasting in 1996 was because Lucas had a timeline for the sequel trilogy dated to 2012, according to Mark Hamill. He had already planned 2010+ for a sequel with the same actors. So no chance in hell was he going to produce Shadows in 96.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't think this is being delayed for pedro's schedule. He's barely actually on screen. Like the biggest need for him is probably in voice acting. I think they're delaying it because of Gina. I think filoni and favreau are trying to get her back before continuing. Or maybe I just hope that. Either way it makes no sense that pedro is the holdup.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
theres a pretty cool new Mandalorian Pinball game, buddy got it installed over the weekend and its pretty neat

• 1Like